MAC Items Being Discontinued (DCd) in 2010 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayley123

VANILLA PIGMENT? REALLY?!!!??!! That is WEIRD!!! I mean...its such a good, useful neutral color...why would they get rid of it?

Care

I picked up Vanilla at a CCO in January, I thought it was odd, but now that we know it's being d/c it makes sense!

kayley123

Can anybody, Erin maybe, confirm that Vanilla is being Discontinued? Or is it just being reformulated?

Ambonee

I'll check the DC list tomorrow...cause that sounds wrong! Vanilla is our most popular pigment...

hopefully it's like dark soul and old gold, where we all thought they were being DC but they reappeared in the new packaging! I hope that's the case...
th_confused_new.gif

Heechul

Vanilla's sold out at my counter, but all the MUA's think its just "sold out"
then again, the MUA's at my counter never truly know whats in or out
ssad.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambonee
I'll check the DC list tomorrow...cause that sounds wrong! Vanilla is our most popular pigment...

hopefully it's like dark soul and old gold, where we all thought they were being DC but they reappeared in the new packaging! I hope that's the case...
th_confused_new.gif

I know, that sounds REALLY wrong! Please, PLEASE see if you can find out?
smiles.gif

Ambonee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
I know, that sounds REALLY wrong! Please, PLEASE see if you can find out?
smiles.gif

I asked today and my manager had not heard that so she's going to check into it tomorrow (I closed tonight so it was too late to call our DM) but I'm gonna try and find out for sure...it just doesn't make sense...
blink.gif

Meisje

Is there are thread where the 2010 discontinued list is? I must be daft, I can't find it.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
Is there are thread where the 2010 discontinued list is? I must be daft, I can't find it.

No, we have no official list yet. I will try to get one.

kayley123

Quote:
I asked today and my manager had not heard that so she's going to check into it tomorrow (I closed tonight so it was too late to call our DM) but I'm gonna try and find out for sure...it just doesn't make sense...
blink.gif

Yup...that face sums it up perfectly
blink.gif
?

Ambonee

So my DM and my trainer were at the store today. I asked them about Vanilla Pigment and it was the first they had heard of Vanilla being discontinued...they said it was highly unlikely but if they heard anything they would let me know asap! So I'm gonna stick with my mantra!! Until I see it for myself on the DC list I don't believe it!! hth some of you!!

enigmatic

it's a bit annoying when mac phases out their fun colors. like they did with the paints and shadesticks, now paint pots. some of us do like color, mac.
nonono.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic
it's a bit annoying when mac phases out their fun colors. like they did with the paints and shadesticks, now paint pots. some of us do like color, mac.
nonono.gif

werd.gif

kayley123

Quote:
So my DM and my trainer were at the store today. I asked them about Vanilla Pigment and it was the first they had heard of Vanilla being discontinued...they said it was highly unlikely but if they heard anything they would let me know asap! So I'm gonna stick with my mantra!! Until I see it for myself on the DC list I don't believe it!! hth some of you!!

*sigh of relief*
th_worship.gif
Thank you!

Heechul

i thought it was just some slimshines that were being dced but now they're all with the triangle of death

1165Cheryl

I also placed a MP order today and they told me Vanilla isnt being discontinued, I asked about theothers I've heard mentioned here and they said none of them are. I'll find my list and get you all the names but I know pink opal was one, heritage rouge and golden lemon so all 4 are not being disc as far as MP in Canada knows. Also all the old jars are gone, either sold out or shipped to a CCO

MACPixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1165Cheryl
I also placed a MP order today and they told me Vanilla isnt being discontinued, I asked about theothers I've heard mentioned here and they said none of them are. I'll find my list and get you all the names but I know pink opal was one, heritage rouge and golden lemon so all 4 are not being disc as far as MP in Canada knows. Also all the old jars are gone, either sold out or shipped to a CCO

Boo, I was hoping to get some pigments in the old jars at MAC Pro next weekend!

I don't really care much for Paint Pots (crease on me), but I was sad when they discontinued the coloured paints! I got as many as I could!

Status
Not open for further replies.