MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2014

LUVISLUV

Unfortunately, they don't ship MAC to Canada.

I'll be at a freestanding store, and also near a few counters in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I can track it down :)
Sorry didn't know that's where you were
001_unsure.gif

Rebellefleur

I still havent managed to get to a mac counter yet I wanna pick up pink swoon before it disappears forever.. I cant believe they discontinued it! I thought that it was one of their top selling blushes.. They could have D/C'ed well dressed instead. that one legit does not show up on me and im pale. =\

PixieDancer

Crap! I had 2 more Vibrancy Eyes in my MAC cart and was waiting to see if the Huggables would restock to save on shipping... and it's gone!!! Now I have to try to survive on the few BU's I have! I don't care what MAC reps say... there's nothing like VE in their line, NOTHING! Boooooo!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Since I go through a bottle every 9 months, about 7-8 probably would be enough before something better cropped up, but I'm probably getting 10 lol. So dumb. I need to check out some of the rose products from By Terry. They're much more expensive, but some sound like they might do the same thing as Vibrancy Eye, perhaps with a little extra skin care benefit thrown in.

I know I have switched my eye cream to a new product from Rodial that uses synthetic bee venom and massively depuffs and brightens the eye area. It doesn't have light reflecting particles or color correction like Vibrancy Eye, but it's so good at the deputing and brightening the skin tone that it makes it a little less important to rely on Vibrancy Eye. BUT, I AIN'T GETTING ANY YOUNGER, so V.E. is still going to be important down the road.

Again, if anyone knows any other companies that do something like it, maybe Laura Mercier or Hourglass?? I would be willing to spend more per bottle just to have a product I know I could rely on being around, rather than overstocking BUs of VE.

It's frustrating especially because Fast Response cream is such utter dog poop compared to Vibrancy Eye. That's the formula that should have been discontinued or at the very least, reformulated to not be disgustingly thick like vaseline.
censored.gif
Have you tried Origins Ginzing Eye cream? I don't know about depuffing, but from what I remember using it it was brightening, it had that light reflecting effect. It's not too rich either (not rich enough for me), it absorbs quickly. If you haven't tried it before, maybe you could get a sample and check it out.

OK, I just looked it up, it says it's depuffing as well.

http://www.origins.com/product/3855/11641/GinZing-/index.tmpl

JulieDiva

Have you tried Origins Ginzing Eye cream? I don't know about depuffing, but from what I remember using it it was brightening, it had that light reflecting effect. It's not too rich either (not rich enough for me), it absorbs quickly. If you haven't tried it before, maybe you could get a sample and check it out.

I second trying Origins Ginzeng Eye cream! I have never tried the brand before, but got some samples at Sephora...I love it.

ChosenOne

I second trying Origins Ginzeng Eye cream! I have never tried the brand before, but got some samples at Sephora...I love it.
I just got a sample of this with my points in the order I placed yesterday! Excited to try it. Just started using my sample of Benefit's "It's Potent!" eye cream last night, so I'm getting a variety here in hopes of finding my perfect eye cream, lol. I'm lucky I don't have horrible under eye issues, but I do have a hint of darkness there that I wouldn't mind fading.

SatelliteDrmr

I have a deluxe sample of this, and I do like it. I keep it in my travel bag. This will probably replace Vibrancy, tbh. All of my other skincare is Origins, and I've really liked it. My skin is picky, and a lot of things I have tried will give me deep cystic bumps (just one or two). Origins never has. I will still look at the Dr Weil for a night eye cream, as I've read good reviews, and people actually saying that it really helps with their dark circles (my main concern).

No more MAC skincare for me.
finger.gif

PixieDancer

For some reason I don't remember being too impressed by that Origins eye cream. But it's been awhile since I used it. Maybe I'll grab another sample and give it another try. I went through a full sized jar but didn't rebuy it like my Vibrancy Eye... Makes me curious why I didn't love it???

ChosenOne

For some reason I don't remember being too impressed by that Origins eye cream. But it's been awhile since I used it. Maybe I'll grab another sample and give it another try. I went through a full sized jar but didn't rebuy it like my Vibrancy Eye... Makes me curious why I didn't love it???
This kind of thing happens to me all the time. I try things and I don't repurchase, but a couple of years later I'll be looking at it again and going "I'm pretty sure I tried this before...what was my problem with it?" I find mascaras and skincare to be the things I have the toughest time keeping track of. I really should start keeping a personal makeup journal or something to review all these products I try!

PixieDancer

Did anyone else notice that all the PRO palette refill pan PRO colors are showing as Limited Edition except Ground Brown and Lime!? Are we losing all these shades too!!?? I'm guessing yes!?

MACina

Did anyone else notice that all the PRO palette refill pan PRO colors are showing as Limited Edition except Ground Brown and Lime!? Are we losing all these shades too!!?? I'm guessing yes!?
Maybe it has to do with the Pro Expansion Collection
th_dunno.gif

The eyeshadows are no longer Pro only...so they are "discontinued on Pro".

I have no idea, though, why Lime and Ground Brown are excluded....so I am possibly totally wrong with my guesswork
blush-anim-cl.gif

PixieDancer

Maybe it has to do with the Pro Expansion Collection
th_dunno.gif

The eyeshadows are no longer Pro only...so they are "discontinued on Pro".

I have no idea, though, why Lime and Ground Brown are excluded....so I am possibly totally wrong with my guesswork
blush-anim-cl.gif
That does sound like a good theory though... and I hope you're right. I really love a lot of those shadows, but don't (and won't) want to go crazy backing them up! They aren't shades I use all the time, but when I do, I really love them. I think I'll at least get Rose with my next order. I have been wanting that one for awhile. And just in case it's leaving forever.
Do you know any info about the Expansion Collection?

shellygrrl

Staff member
There's a thread for that! :) http://www.specktra.net/t/186257/mac-pro-expansion-collection-april-10-2014

MACina

That does sound like a good theory though... and I hope you're right. I really love a lot of those shadows, but don't (and won't) want to go crazy backing them up! They aren't shades I use all the time, but when I do, I really love them. I think I'll at least get Rose with my next order. I have been wanting that one for awhile. And just in case it's leaving forever.
Do you know any info about the Expansion Collection?
Me too...the Pro eyeshadows are amazing
heart.gif

Thank you, shellygrrl, for sharing the link!

liba

Report on the comparison when you can!
SOS.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by PixieDancer

Perhaps because it's an eye cream, rather than a depuffing primer? VE didn't have moisturizers, but it had that smoothing effect. I will miss that. I already have a perfect eye cream - I wanted post eye cream solutions! Please share your opinions when you can.
weeping.gif

liba

Crap! I had 2 more Vibrancy Eyes in my MAC cart and was waiting to see if the Huggables would restock to save on shipping... and it's gone!!! Now I have to try to survive on the few BU's I have! I don't care what MAC reps say... there's nothing like VE in their line, NOTHING! Boooo
Awwwwww - how many did you wind up with? I bought 2 from my local store a few weeks ago when I got the new Viva Glam, then I ordered 3 more online from Belk around the same time, just to get free shipping after ordering an extra pair of panties to go with a bra I own in a color that got discontinued (really cute red and fuchsia lace
graucho.gif
) and my currently open bottle is almost brand new. I'll have to check out this Origins cream and then try and hunt a few more VEs down locally. I thought it'd be on the site for a little while longer. Here's hoping the outcry gets back to MAC HQ. A new VE that does everything the old one did plus something handy like SPF or more moisturizing would be A-OK.

I WILL say that the new CC creams and the lavender Radiance stuff give some of the same visual effect and my latest eye cream from Rodial, although very pricey, really has been kicking butt on all my eye issues, puffiness, darkness, dryness, muscle tension, fine lines, so I haven't needed my VE quite as much due to having more frequent "good eye" days. Here it is: http://www.rodial.co.uk/product/Skin-Care-Bee-Venom-Range/Bee-Venom-Eye/389 I bought the serum too now, and it's seriously state of the art as well: http://www.rodial.co.uk/product/Skin-Care-Bee-Venom-Range/Bee-Venom-Super-Serum/388 You probably don't need this sort of heavy lifting quite yet. I was really happy with MAC's Mineralize eye cream the past few years - superb moisturizing plus depuffing and soothing and a great price.

SatelliteDrmr

Awwwwww - how many did you wind up with? I bought 2 from my local store a few weeks ago when I got the new Viva Glam, then I ordered 3 more online from Belk around the same time, just to get free shipping after ordering an extra pair of panties to go with a bra I own in a color that got discontinued (really cute red and fuchsia lace
graucho.gif
) and my currently open bottle is almost brand new. I'll have to check out this Origins cream and then try and hunt a few more VEs down locally. I thought it'd be on the site for a little while longer. Here's hoping the outcry gets back to MAC HQ. A new VE that does everything the old one did plus something handy like SPF or more moisturizing would be A-OK.

I WILL say that the new CC creams and the lavender Radiance stuff give some of the same visual effect and my latest eye cream from Rodial, although very pricey, really has been kicking butt on all my eye issues, puffiness, darkness, dryness, muscle tension, fine lines, so I haven't needed my VE quite as much due to having more frequent "good eye" days. Here it is: http://www.rodial.co.uk/product/Skin-Care-Bee-Venom-Range/Bee-Venom-Eye/389 I bought the serum too now, and it's seriously state of the art as well: http://www.rodial.co.uk/product/Skin-Care-Bee-Venom-Range/Bee-Venom-Super-Serum/388 You probably don't need this sort of heavy lifting quite yet. I was really happy with MAC's Mineralize eye cream the past few years - superb moisturizing plus depuffing and soothing and a great price.
I have been wondering about the new CC's for under the eye. You get a lot of product for your money that way. And I did the same, waited on buying more, figuring they'd be on the site for a while, and then missed out. I do hope they're coming up with a new better product as well. We shall see.

I'm going to check out the Rodial product that you just posted. It sounds nice!

Latest posts