MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2014

PixieDancer

Awwwwww - how many did you wind up with? I bought 2 from my local store a few weeks ago when I got the new Viva Glam, then I ordered 3 more online from Belk around the same time, just to get free shipping after ordering an extra pair of panties to go with a bra I own in a color that got discontinued (really cute red and fuchsia lace
graucho.gif
) and my currently open bottle is almost brand new. I'll have to check out this Origins cream and then try and hunt a few more VEs down locally. I thought it'd be on the site for a little while longer. Here's hoping the outcry gets back to MAC HQ. A new VE that does everything the old one did plus something handy like SPF or more moisturizing would be A-OK.

I WILL say that the new CC creams and the lavender Radiance stuff give some of the same visual effect and my latest eye cream from Rodial, although very pricey, really has been kicking butt on all my eye issues, puffiness, darkness, dryness, muscle tension, fine lines, so I haven't needed my VE quite as much due to having more frequent "good eye" days. Here it is: http://www.rodial.co.uk/product/Skin-Care-Bee-Venom-Range/Bee-Venom-Eye/389 I bought the serum too now, and it's seriously state of the art as well: http://www.rodial.co.uk/product/Skin-Care-Bee-Venom-Range/Bee-Venom-Super-Serum/388 You probably don't need this sort of heavy lifting quite yet. I was really happy with MAC's Mineralize eye cream the past few years - superb moisturizing plus depuffing and soothing and a great price.
I just opened one of my older BU's. So I have this one plus 4 more. Definitely not enough. Boo! Sad sad day!
I don't think I'm going to shell out the money for the Origins again, for whatever reason I went through a whole jar not too long ago and didn't want to repurchase. I remember feeling like I just wanted it to be gone when I still had some lingering product in the jar. And because I wasn't using it quick enough, it seemed to lose a lot of it's benefits with the jar packaging. I like pump products better for things that last me a long time like my VE does. I'll definitely look into this Rodial stuff! And maybe even go w the new lavender CC cream to try out first! You use that under the eyes after your moisturizer but before concealer as a primer, right?
As ALWAYS.... thanks for trying to help me (and my poor eyes)! HeeHee

Yogirl

Good to know, thanks for the research everyone.
I won't miss any of these products, and there is always something new.

And: I'm in team lowbuy in 2014 anyway:
peace2.gif

bluelitzer

I finally swatched (the now sold out and discontinued) MAC Extended Play against my vampy reds and berries: Diva, Studded Kiss, Just a Bite, Instigator Charmed I'm Sure, Deeply Adored, Fixed on Drama etc. I thought I would need to back Extended Play up but I found the color to be less rich than the others as there was a certain touch of muteness to it, so that opened up the spot for something else in the next month's haul.
w00t.gif

liba

I just opened one of my older BU's. So I have this one plus 4 more. Definitely not enough. Boo! Sad sad day!
I don't think I'm going to shell out the money for the Origins again, for whatever reason I went through a whole jar not too long ago and didn't want to repurchase. I remember feeling like I just wanted it to be gone when I still had some lingering product in the jar. And because I wasn't using it quick enough, it seemed to lose a lot of it's benefits with the jar packaging. I like pump products better for things that last me a long time like my VE does. I'll definitely look into this Rodial stuff! And maybe even go w the new lavender CC cream to try out first! You use that under the eyes after your moisturizer but before concealer as a primer, right?
As ALWAYS.... thanks for trying to help me (and my poor eyes)! HeeHee
I will have to say the CC is a heavier texture than VE. It doesn't depuff either, of course. The P&P Natural Radiance is a little closer and does have some caffeine too, but it's not the same power as VE. We'll just have to wait and see if MAC doesn't come up with something new down the road. :(

SatelliteDrmr

I will have to say the CC is a heavier texture than VE. It doesn't depuff either, of course. The P&P Natural Radiance is a little closer and does have some caffeine too, but it's not the same power as VE. We'll just have to wait and see if MAC doesn't come up with something new down the road. :(
Good to know. I finally have returned to civilization, and should be hitting up the MAC store this week. I hope they have VE left. I will buy it for sure. If not, I'll see what they can recommend. But, really. I'm just ready to find another product. I'm using my ginzing sample today, and feel like my puffers and bags are pretty prominent still. I did just come off of midnight shifts though, plus the travel after just a couple hours of sleep. Ugh. I'm the walking dead right now.

Merula

I was able to get two Strobe Liquids, and the MUA's were not aware that it was being discontinued.

liba

Good to know. I finally have returned to civilization, and should be hitting up the MAC store this week. I hope they have VE left. I will buy it for sure. If not, I'll see what they can recommend. But, really. I'm just ready to find another product. I'm using my ginzing sample today, and feel like my puffers and bags are pretty prominent still. I did just come off of midnight shifts though, plus the travel after just a couple hours of sleep. Ugh. I'm the walking dead right now.
There's a product by By Terry that sounds like it might do what VE does pretty thoroughly….unfortunately, it's nearly twice the price of VE and something that isn't easy to check out in person first. There is a store here that does sell this line - I will ask to try it and see if I can get a sample when I can get over there.

http://us.spacenk.com/Hyaluronic-Eye-Primer/MUK200006449,en_US,pd.html

bluelitzer

I'm surprised Zestful EDES and the Red lip palette trio with Deeply Adored from Antonio Lopez are still available.

SatelliteDrmr

There's a product by By Terry that sounds like it might do what VE does pretty thoroughly….unfortunately, it's nearly twice the price of VE and something that isn't easy to check out in person first. There is a store here that does sell this line - I will ask to try it and see if I can get a sample when I can get over there.

http://us.spacenk.com/Hyaluronic-Eye-Primer/MUK200006449,en_US,pd.html
Thank You Liba! I have found a bottle of VE, and snatched it up. I've also switched my night eye cream to the Dr Weil Origins one.. Tried a sample, and less than a week later, the purple seems to be fading a bit... The puffers that cause shadows are still there though lol. I ordered the cream, and have lots of my sample left. It says use AM and PM, but it feels pretty rich, so I'm sticking with just PM.

1.5 bottles of VE should last me a long time, in the meantime, I'll be sampling out other brands. If they're good to my eyes, a higher price will be worth it. I'm going to look up reviews of the By Terry one now.

liba

Thank You Liba! I have found a bottle of VE, and snatched it up. I've also switched my night eye cream to the Dr Weil Origins one.. Tried a sample, and less than a week later, the purple seems to be fading a bit... The puffers that cause shadows are still there though lol. I ordered the cream, and have lots of my sample left. It says use AM and PM, but it feels pretty rich, so I'm sticking with just PM.

1.5 bottles of VE should last me a long time, in the meantime, I'll be sampling out other brands. If they're good to my eyes, a higher price will be worth it. I'm going to look up reviews of the By Terry one now.
If you have lots of puffiness and darkness and dryness under the eyes, to the point like you feel you need some heavier artillery, I have been THRILLED with my Rodial Bee Venom eye cream. I think I already linked it in this thread - it's doing such a good job on my eyes, I don't need as much VE - which is a good thing! :D

Odelia

Zestful is really awesome - it was one of my most used shadows last spring and summer and I'm getting ready to haul it back into service soon.
If you have lots of puffiness and darkness and dryness under the eyes, to the point like you feel you need some heavier artillery, I have been THRILLED with my Rodial Bee Venom eye cream. I think I already linked it in this thread - it's doing such a good job on my eyes, I don't need as much VE - which is a good thing! :D
You have me very interested in the Rodial Bee Venom eye cream, Liba!

My under-eyes have become more dry and I feel i need to up my skin care routine to combat it (already have the puffiness and darkness issues
yucky.gif
). This product sounds exactly like what I have been searching for.
love.gif

Hautelook is having a sale on Rodial skincare and I was hoping like craaazy that they would have the bee venom line but no luck :( I recall you saying you have been using Rodial (might be in this thread or in another - I am scavenging for your wonderful skincare comments
heart.gif
) for a couple years now. Besides the Bee Venom eye cream (which I will still get!), do you have any other favourites from their skin care?

Thanks in advance :)
bouquet.gif

ETA: I managed to score a VE through a phone order
cheerleader.gif

veronikawithak

Sorry if this has been mentioned already.. I might have missed it. But I heard from my local MUA that a lot of the pro eyeshadows and blushes are going to be introduced into the pro expansion, some in pan form only though. He said they're having to look for new ways to compete since a lot of other companies have made palettes with customizable inserts.

bluelitzer

strobe liquid is different to strobe cream?
Yes. Like HerGreyness said, the cream is thicker and more like a moisturizer whereas the strobe liquid just dries down quick and (to me at least) looks more luminous/ has a little bit more brighteners.

Mayanas

I use strobe cream travel size for special days but i never heard about strobe liquid jeje

Latest posts