MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2014

PixieDancer

They didn't DC them. They're being repackaged.
That's good news... except they are obviously not restocking now, so I got 2 BU's in case there is too much downtime. I don't think repackaging is a good enough reason to make people go without a staple item. They should've added the repackaged product as the older inventory ran out. We don't need a huge reveal for packaging! We need our MSFN MAC!

PixieDancer

Same here, cuz i didn't find anything wrong with the current packaging
th_dunno.gif
Exactly... how many ways are there to package a powder?

Patricia

MAC are so weird sometimes... there was nothing wrong with the current packaging, I actually like it!
it's like the signature mineralize packaging!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
MAC are so weird sometimes... there was nothing wrong with the current packaging, I actually like it!
it's like the signature mineralize packaging!
Usually when a brand is repackaging a product it means they're reducing the amount of product and making it more expensive that way. I wouldn't be surprised if the new one contains less product than the current one.

PixieDancer

Usually when a brand is repackaging a product it means they're reducing the amount of product and making it more expensive that way. I wouldn't be surprised if the new one contains less product than the current one.
VERY good point! All the more reason for me to BU now while I can! I already snagged 2 in my last order. If my shade is still around with my next order, I'm definitely getting 2-3 more! It's not like there's any chance I won't use them!

The thing that worries me, is when they take stuff away and bring it back there are sometimes reformulations and things too. 1 ingredient gets too expensive so they replace it with something else. So it sometimes isn't even the same product! That has me really worried as well. "Repackaging" might be the reason they're stating, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to stick us with a reformulation as well. You can't trust MAC... Just can't trust 'em!

pemily

I don't really get the whole reform thing, as all their Mineralize stuff is packaged the same... are they going to change it all?

macnc50diva

I was just shopping for staples and noticed plush lash is gone :( Also gone/going: Soft and gentle MSF Super slick liner is now only black and brown

PixieDancer

could soft and gentle be due to repackaging also? Isn't it super popular!
I think so... Since none of these products were in the "goodbyes" section, I think they are just part of the Mineralize product repackaging. I certainly hope so anyways.

MACina

I think so... Since none of these products were in the "goodbyes" section, I think they are just part of the Mineralize product repackaging. I certainly hope so anyways.
Now I wonder whether the Mineralize Collection that is going to be released in Summer will have the new packaging too (at least the MSFs)
hmm.gif

PixieDancer

Now I wonder whether the Mineralize Collection that is going to be released in Summer will have the new packaging too (at least the MSFs)
hmm.gif
Good question! I'm just confused by the whole "repackaging" concept. But I'm curious to see what it's all about...