MAC Items Being Discontinued in 2014

ChosenOne

Omg that would suck, seeing as the MSFN is already a little pricey.
I don't know about the amount of product, but I heard a rumor today that the price is going to be going up with the new packaging.
001_unsure.gif

Paint&Ink Chick

Sadly yes I don't know about the amount of product, but I heard a rumor today that the price is going to be going up with the new packaging.  :unsure:
I figured with Mac the product in packaging will be less. But not surprised about the price hike...smh I'm behind a bit. When is this all taking place? Luckily I do have a back up of Msfn, since its mostly what I wear.

ChosenOne

I figured with Mac the product in packaging will be less. But not surprised about the price hike...smh I'm behind a bit. When is this all taking place? Luckily I do have a back up of Msfn, since its mostly what I wear.
I heard it will be as early as the end of this month. Heard it through the grapevine though, not directly from a reputable source. I'll need to see if I can verify.

ginestra213

My select cover-up concealer in nc 23 seems to be gone :( just got it at the counter, but gone from online. i'm nc 25 in foundation, but the nc 25 concealers just seem to be too dark for me (i use it for blemishes etc., not under eye)

MandyVanHook

Good point! I have a tendency to forget there are other resources out there, too. But if you want it bad enough, ASK! I thought a foundation of mine was being discontinued recently because it was sold out online and in stores, but I asked customer service and they assured me there was just a shortage. Whew!

Debbs

Finally saw the new MSFN today but the Dark Deep that I used to use is replaced by a much lighter shade called Deepest Dark. My mom used to use Dark so I had to pick Deepest Dark for her. This means that once my extras are all gone so am I as my shade doesn't exist in the new reformulated ones.
New DD to left and former DD to right

CrimsonQuill157

Finally saw the new MSFN today but the Dark Deep that I used to use is replaced by a much lighter shade called Deepest Dark. My mom used to use Dark so I had to pick Deepest Dark for her. This means that once my extras are all gone so am I as my shade doesn't exist in the new reformulated ones.
Omg :(

Ajigglin

These cosmetics companies stay doing us dark-skinned girls dirty. Smh.

Debbs

So true, I mean the pic doesn't show the differences as much as it is IRL. I was even thinking that the new deepest dark was too light for my mom. I don't know why they had to change the line so much to basically exclude those of us on the darker end of the spectrum. Looking into Nars New Orleans eventually but that will be almost $15 more per powder. Studio fix works too so at least that is a option until they decide to get rid of all that works for me.

CrimsonQuill157

So true, I mean the pic doesn't show the differences as much as it is IRL. I was even thinking that the new deepest dark was too light for my mom. I don't know why they had to change the line so much to basically exclude those of us on the darker end of the spectrum. Looking into Nars New Orleans eventually but that will be almost $15 more per powder. Studio fix works too so at least that is a option until they decide to get rid of all that works for me.
It looks like a totally different shade in the pic! You would think they would make much deeper shades!