MAC It's a Strike (August 18th, 2016)

Marsha Pomells

haha same I don't think I'll be able to just do it I might just get the lipstick I want "bowl me over" what else did you get and what did you get out the Star Trek? x

Got Liquid Lurex, cannot wait to try it on top of Fashion Boost. I have Babes and Balls and Bowl Me over in my basket.

Star Trek now, I picked up all the lipsticks and HI. Tried on KIO... And it is KILLER, especially when team with Currant or any dark liner. Just need to order LL and SNW and that's me done.

NATlar

Got Liquid Lurex, cannot wait to try it on top of Fashion Boost. I have Babes and Balls and Bowl Me over in my basket.

Star Trek now, I picked up all the lipsticks and HI. Tried on KIO... And it is KILLER, especially when team with Currant or any dark liner. Just need to order LL and SNW and that's me done.

Do you think Highly Illogical will suit my complexion?! I'm considering picking that up tomorrow and the MAC site finally has SNW in stock...

Bowl Me Over and Babes and Balls are on my list to pick up tomorrow too haha

Marsha Pomells

Do you think Highly Illogical will suit my complexion?! I'm considering picking that up tomorrow and the MAC site finally has SNW in stock...

Bowl Me Over and Babes and Balls are on my list to pick up tomorrow too haha

Best bet is swatch in store, I think you can pull it off as a light blush.

ahoythere

Trophy is gorgeous, I think MAC's Pearlmatte powders are my favorite form of highlighter, no glitter or sparkles just a dense illuminating sheen.

Blind Score is a beautiful lip and cheeck color (the first casual color that I think actually works well as both), like a healthy flush after skiing ;)

Bowl Out is slightly less special than I was hoping. It is really close to Copperplate, just a touch less purple but on the eyes it reads as the same. And I thought it might be a good cool toned brow color (I usually use coquette)......And it is!!!! At first I thought it was too grey but it's actually a great texture, really smooth and easy (kind of like the matte2 or veluxe finish used to be). Win.

I anyone wants any swatches of this biz just let me know. All in all I think this was another great sleeper collection like Artificially Wild was last fall, I didn't buy a ton because I already own another version of everything else but the overall color scheme is on point for a 90s lover like me.

Last edited:

Marsha Pomells

Trophy is gorgeous, I think MAC's Pearlmatte powders are my favorite form of highlighter, no glitter or sparkles just a dense illuminating sheen.

Blind Score is a beautiful lip and cheeck color (the first casual color that I think actually works well as both), like a healthy flush after skiing ;)

Bowl Out is slightly less special than I was hoping. It is really close to Copperplate, just a touch less purple but on the eyes it reads as the same. And I thought it might be a good cool toned brow color (I usually use coquette) but I think it's too grey.

I anyone wants any swatches of this biz just let me know. All in all I think this was another great sleeper collection like Artificially Wild was last fall, I didn't buy a ton because I already own another version of everything else but the overall color scheme is on point for a 90s lover like me.

I enjoyed AW, because it was so neutral and different. It was a breath of fresh air, because there was no reds (I have nothing against red lipstick, I own over 25 reds). I would like to see another collection like AW. But I'm now debating on getting another Trophy, just so I can use it.

lustreglam

I think I'm also going to get another Trophy so one can be a part of my collection while I use the other.

I've been wearing it as a highlighter lately, I love it so much. This one was a good one, MAC! :D

Icecaramellatte

Oh Babes and balls, That's the one I forgot about. I went to the counter to finally check it out in person and there was no Bowl me over in sight. Stolen tester and sold out. I went to 2 more stores and sold out. So I ordered it. Was hoping to wait a bit for my next haul from this collection but I took it as a sign to get it. That would make my 3rd order for this collection. I was surprised at the sell outs with this collection. I didn't expect that. It was funny to see all these empty slots and Star Trek was still full.

i still want Babes and balls so I may do a 4th order.

Bowl Out is slightly less special than I was hoping. It is really close to Copperplate, just a touch less purple but on the eyes it reads as the same. And I thought it might be a good cool toned brow color (I usually use coquette) but I think it's too grey.

I didn't even try Trophy. I rarely skip a highlighter especially a decorative one but I thought it wouldn't work for me. Now I'm getting curious.

NATlar

I picked up Bowl Me Over today and I can't get Babes and Balls out my head considering ordering that but I'm skint now after spending too much on the Star Trek collection haha the powder trophy is absolutely gorgeous I just couldn't get it I wouldn't want to use/spoil it.

lilinah

Hi, everybody! I'm back from my summer travels and travails...

I haven't bought any MAC for 3 months! And i am feeling a strong need :)

This collection isn't grabbing me. I like a couple of the lipsticks, but they seem similar to others in my stash so i'm skipping. I'm only interested in some of the eye shadows. Here's my list of those under consideration:
Gutter Gal – off-white grey
Bowl Out – mid-tone grey
300 Game – blackened cherry

Anyone get any?

Last edited:

stirfryedshana

So after several conversations I finally got Kingpin, but they gave me a refund for Bowl Me Over because they were sold out. :rolleyes:

lyseD

Hi, everybody! I'm back from my summer travels and travails...

I haven't bought any MAC for 3 months! And i am feeling a strong need :)

This collection isn't grabbing me. I like a couple of the lipsticks, but they seem similar to others in my stash so i'm skipping. I'm only interested in some of the eye shadows. Here's my list of those under consideration:
Gutter Gal – off-white grey
Bowl Out – mid-tone grey
300 Game – blackened cherry

Anyone get any?

LOVE my Gutter Gal

Rinstar

I had a really weird dream about the face powder from this collection last night... IDK if that means I want it and am suppressing my desire for it? LOL

I went to the MAC counter to buy the powder and the MUA working charged me $228 for it (IDK why I paid it, it's a dream, just roll with me here). I told her that was the wrong price, but paid it anyway cause it was the last powder anywhere around. Later I saw her elsewhere in the mall and she pointed to her new sneakers and said "thanks, you paid for these". Then, I complained to the manager and got my money back, and promptly went to spend that money on the same sneakers the MUA bought!! :rofl:

LOL how weird is that dream??

Corally

I had a really weird dream about the face powder from this collection last night... IDK if that means I want it and am suppressing my desire for it? LOL

I went to the MAC counter to buy the powder and the MUA working charged me $228 for it (IDK why I paid it, it's a dream, just roll with me here). I told her that was the wrong price, but paid it anyway cause it was the last powder anywhere around. Later I saw her elsewhere in the mall and she pointed to her new sneakers and said "thanks, you paid for these". Then, I complained to the manager and got my money back, and promptly went to spend that money on the same sneakers the MUA bought!! :rofl:

LOL how weird is that dream??

Wth :rofl:hilarious

Rinstar

Well I broke down and ordered the powder. After you have a dream about a product, I feel like you kinda have to get it

Shars

Well I broke down and ordered the powder. After you have a dream about a product, I feel like you kinda have to get it

Hope you didn't pay $228!
rofl.gif.pagespeed.ce.ohII1colJL.gif

Latest posts