MAC let down?

Wontpayretail23

What MAC item(s) did you purchase (maybe even due to the hype) that disapointed you or that are now neglected by you because they just didn't work out like you expected?

Me:
- I bought into the MAC Chromeglass in Uberpeach and I used it once and I just can't pull it off. Now it just has sat around.

- I paid an outrageous ammount on ebay for MAC New Vegas MSF and I used it one time and I'm unimpressed and It's been sitting in the drawer ever since.

- MAC penned fluidliner. I haven't even used it one time. Its so dark blue I can't bring myself to touch a brush to it.

- MAC Delineate fluidliner. Its so shockingly red I don't dare use it. It sits unused.

d_flawless

no more LE collections at all for me...unless i love something and it's a standout color + awesome texture.

i've really started to love the permanent collection, lol

..kels*

curtsy l/s. (i missed out on pink cabana so i was looking for a dupe) & it doesn't look right on me at all.
ssad.gif

labwom

Idol Eyes e/s. I just can't get it to work with anything! Also, Humid e/s. I hate the way greens look on me!

Char1986

MSFs were a huge disappointment for me. They didn't stay on long and they broke me out!

Also, I love the plushglass colors but they don't plump my lips at all. In fact, my lips had a bad reaction to them
ssad.gif

knoxydoll

I bought Endless Love e/s and the colour payoff is zilch, it sucks. It's a really nice purple too and I just can't get it to show on me inless I cake it on like there's no tomorrow

geeko

For me it has to be Club e/s. I can't get it to work on me. It makes me look as if i just got punched in the eye.

eco

immovable prolongwear lipcolor is the worst purchase i've ever made.

it seems to me like you can't wear any other product underneath, and after awhile the lipstick kinda balls up on my lips. also i need to use cleanse off oil to remove it. it also really bothers me that I can't use other lip products with it, ie- to lighten it up or darken it. and if your lips are a little dry.... watch out!

Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupnewbie
For me it has to be Club e/s. I can't get it to work on me. It makes me look as if i just got punched in the eye.

I used to neglect Club e/s all the time, until I used it over Aquadisiac, and now I can't stop using it for a smokey eye.
smiles.gif

For me, it would have to be Gorgeous Gold e/s. I just bought it 3 weeks ago, and I have only used it once. It turns a greenish hue on me, and I really don't know what to do with it now.
ssad.gif

BlahWah

Idol Eyes e/s. Lovely colour, I just wish it would stay! Perhaps if they released it in another finish...

Trax e/s. So pretty in the pan, so bruisey on the eye!

Liquidlast e/l. The product is great but the applicator is horrible. I'd wear it more otherwise.

Taupeless e/s. It's already so pale, so it's lustre testure won't even leave a trace of colour. Such a waste of time, swapped away.

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco
immovable prolongwear lipcolor is the worst purchase i've ever made.

it seems to me like you can't wear any other product underneath, and after awhile the lipstick kinda balls up on my lips. also i need to use cleanse off oil to remove it. it also really bothers me that I can't use other lip products with it, ie- to lighten it up or darken it. and if your lips are a little dry.... watch out!

You aren't supposed to put anything under Pro Longwear Lipcolors that is why they work so well, they are supposed to bond directly to your lips...

If you are having problems I would guess it is bc you have something under it or use something other than the PL gloss on top of it. If you don't like the shade, pretty much the only thing you can do is apply it more sheerly, using other products with it is only going to give you problems since they are not formulated to work with it. And it is a waterproof product that is why you need COO to remove it, same as it is with Liquidlast Liners.

ginger9

I will get pelted with rocks for saying this but I cannot get my Dress Set Smoked Eye palette to work for me
weeping.gif

Club, for some reason looks muddy on me, Gentle Fume is chalky, Vex doesn't show up on me at all, malt - I don't know how to use it. Black Tied and Satin Taupe are this only ones that I can work with.

I think the palette isn't the let down - I am the let down
cry.gif

Can someone give me some suggestions? *wipes the tears away*

aznmacboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
I will get pelted with rocks for saying this but I cannot get my Dress Set Smoked Eye palette to work for me
weeping.gif

Club, for some reason looks muddy on me, Gentle Fume is chalky, Vex doesn't show up on me at all, malt - I don't know how to use it. Black Tied and Satin Taupe are this only ones that I can work with.

I think the palette isn't the let down - I am the let down
cry.gif

Can someone give me some suggestions? *wipes the tears away*

Use Club under a base such as Lucky Jade shadestick or use it with a green smokey eye and try Untitled paint with Malt.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmacboi
Use Club under a base such as Lucky Jade shadestick or use it with a green smokey eye and try Untitled paint with Malt.

Thank you I'll try that
smiles.gif

Latest posts