MAC let down?

Kim.

metallberry chromeclass looked gorgeous on people in swatches thread but is way too dark and I hate the texture

Snob l/s I love love love the texture and I thought I'd love the colour but it just looks ridiculous, thank goodness it was a B2m

Hue L/s Hate the texture makes my lips feel horrible

MissMarley

The entire Nocturnelle collection. Dita was such a great choice for a spokesmodel and the colors were just...blah. Subtle was identical to Sunnydaze, the e/s had bad color payoff, the lipstick colors were unflattering...just a huge let down to me.

I'm also going to say Dollymix blush. It looks so beautiful, and I could not get it to apply evenly. I worked with it for a long time! Finally ended up swapping it.

And the lipgelees. I love the colors, but I wish they were more pigmented. The texture is great though

redhead2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
I bought passionate e/s and it was ok. Also I bought naked you msf and the glitter is horrendous!

Naked You was a disaster on me--I looked like a disco ball.

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
What?! That's blasphemy!

Haha, I'm just kidding. But why do you find pigments a let down? Is there just one in particular, or is just pigments in general?

I just don't like them. I don't like the fact that for me, they are hard to work with or I find one I like in the pot, put it on and the color is different and I won't like it anymore. I don't like that it takes longer to use and get just right when I try to apply them. For me, they are too much trouble. I don't spend a lot of time on my makeup and pigments don't make the process easy, at least, not for me. I may be the only one but, pigments are not my friend and we have gone our separate ways.

sharyn

Pastorale Pigment - I applied it on me (NC 15) and it looked awful - then I applied it on a NW 35 and it looked clownish. Havent used it since.

russe l/s - WHAT WAS I THINKING when I bought this?!

Splashproof Lash - Used it once, looked like a panda, put it in the drawer for good.

kalice

glissade msf. I got so hyped up about it and got it the day it came out, and it was nothing but glitter, not even pretty glitter. It had absolutely no colour payoff on my NC30 skin.

Endless Love eyeshadow. Chalky.

Forgery eyeshadow. Uneven ugly huge glitter chunks. In photos, it looks like bits of plaster fell off the ceiling onto my eyes.

Slip Pink eyeshadow. Its so sheer I'm not even sure if I'm wearing anything at all. The gold sparkles don't show up either.

Most of the LE eyeshadow don't have the smoothness and quality of the permenant stuff... so I mostly stay away from collections.

summer6310

I really really really want to love MAC's concealer(I love the fact its SPF35! and the cute little package) but I just can't! they are heavy cakey, hard to blend...sometime I feel like when I smile, they are cracking on my face, it's that horrible.