MAC let down?

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmacboi
Penned and Delineate fluidline?

They were fluidlines with the Nordstrom Anniversary Pattern Maker Collection in July. There was also another color called Lithograph which was a medium gray.
smiles.gif

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Liquidlast e/l. The product is great but the applicator is horrible. I'd wear it more otherwise.

iagree.gif
the applicator is awful!!

ARmakeupjunkie

187 brush
Ambering Rose Blush
Springtime Skipper & Playful eyeshadows
Happening Gal Lipglass
Pigments

These are just the most recent ones. I am sure I can come up with more if I try.

bellaetoile

all the eyeshadows fron the technacolor collection. these were gorgeous colors in the pans, but the color payoff, blendability, and textures left much to be desired.

fab! blush from barbie.

pretty much all the LE collections from the past year or so. they all feel so unoriginal.

saniyairshad

Prolongwear Lipcolor, no matter how much lipbalm I freaking wear under this, it still FLAKES out on me!!!!

Mineralized Satinfinish, made me turn orange and started creasing my entire face, back to MAC it went!!!

Their BIGGEST let down must be that MSFs are not permanent!!!
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

charismaticlime

Nocturnelle e/s - I just can't get it to look anything but bruised on my eyes.

Fashion Pack l/g - Not as peachy as I hoped. Too cool for my asian skin.

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARmakeupjunkie
Pigments

What?! That's blasphemy!

Haha, I'm just kidding. But why do you find pigments a let down? Is there just one in particular, or is just pigments in general?

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniyairshad
Prolongwear Lipcolor, no matter how much lipbalm I freaking wear under this, it still FLAKES out on me!!!!

Mineralized Satinfinish, made me turn orange and started creasing my entire face, back to MAC it went!!!

Their BIGGEST let down must be that MSFs are not permanent!!!
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

You cannot wear anything with Pro Longwear....any lip conditioner you put under it will make it flake/not last.

For the Satinfinish-some of the colors are a little off, you may need a different one for this product...and a primer & powder will stop the creasing (I had the exact same problem the first time I used it)

MSF Naturals are permanent...I'm still crossing my fingers that one day the other ones will be too.

Mine's not a letdown exactly, but the F&B that I bought for my kit...since I don't use some shades that often, they have started to turn before I'm even 1/2 way done with the bottle-so just a waste of money.

eco

Thanks for your response! I am aware that you cannot use any other product on your lips with the Prolongwear, I was just trying to say that for me, the product was a let down because you can't blend it, tone it down, etc.

I've had it for about a year, and I have tried using the applicator, lipbrushes, heavy applications, light applications, but nothing ever looks good 2 hours after it goes on. The base color always becomes uneven. The product is stuck to my lips like glue ( i understand that's the point) and it ends up looking like a muddy mess. I have tried and it seems like you can't reapply the PL either. I've tried to wipe off the PL gloss and apply more color, let it dry, and apply more gloss. this does not work.

I get what the product is designed for, but I am dissapointed with it. I applied a very sheer coat on monday when I made my initial post, went to class for 1 1/2 hrs, came home & looked in the mirror and my lips looked hideous, when they had looked extremely nice when I left for class. I apply to PL to clean, dry lips. the moral of my story is that I will never try to buy PL again. I will stick to regular mac lipsticks!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACGoddess
You aren't supposed to put anything under Pro Longwear Lipcolors that is why they work so well, they are supposed to bond directly to your lips...

If you are having problems I would guess it is bc you have something under it or use something other than the PL gloss on top of it. If you don't like the shade, pretty much the only thing you can do is apply it more sheerly, using other products with it is only going to give you problems since they are not formulated to work with it. And it is a waterproof product that is why you need COO to remove it, same as it is with Liquidlast Liners.

Cosmopolitics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBeMac
Pompous Blue, the colour payoff is extremely sucks!!

Agreed. Also the texture is very hard to work with. I can only use it over another color because it's just so hard to work with
ssad.gif

KAIA

*RUSSE L/S (DANSE)= I don't know what i was thinking when i bought it!!!!! it looks disgusting on me!!! i hate it!

* frostlite fluidline (jewelescent) = it looks pretty but i don't know how to pull it off.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA
* frostlite fluidline (jewelescent) = it looks pretty but i don't know how to pull it off.

Try using frostlite as a base...my ARM swears by it.

zaralovesmac

I purchased Sultress eyes and don't use it at all.The combination of colours do nothing for me...and I had such high expectations for it.Guess I'm gonna have to keep messing around with it and figure something out..sooooo annoying tho.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaralovesmac
I purchased Sultress eyes and don't use it at all.The combination of colours do nothing for me...and I had such high expectations for it.Guess I'm gonna have to keep messing around with it and figure something out..sooooo annoying tho.

Ugh! I HATED this Quad!! I got it in gratis, but only touched it when we were forced to.

Ambi

Macroviolet fluidline, I love how it looks in the pot but it goes on so light and too bright purple, I wished it was darker, also it's so hard you have to like scoop it out of the pot, it's not gel-y at all, bleh.

foxyqt

Syrup lipstick = ugly! I tried it at the store and it looked so pretty but when I got home uggghhh >_<; maybe the lighting had something to do with it.. gave it to my mom n she loved it tho & now its ready for B2M haha

slvrlips

my MAC let downs are as follows:

Passionate e/s ( It looks great in the pot but on me a mess)
Zoom Lash mascara ( this stuff made my lashes look clumpy and it dried up in 3 weeks WTF)
Malibu Barbie l/g ( a clear pink mess on me)