Mac Liptensity (September 20th 2016)

NaomiH

Going by Dillard's later as I'll be in Austin and I can't wait to check these out in person!

Honi

I dont understand why they would make such a big hooplah over something that would be Limited Edition. But who knows with Mac?...

elegant-one

I chatted with an artist online and she said the whole collection is limited edition for now. But, depending on popularity, they may bring it back permanently.

My local counters didn't have them either. I wanted to swatch some of these before I bought them.

Really!? My Macys is pretty small & I know they said only certain locations would have them but yes, wouldn't it have been nice to see them first. ;)

What shades are you liking?

Honi

Some swatches for your viewing pleasure, hadnt had much time to really test them but I wore the blue for a bit today to get a feel of the formula. They are very creamy and feel quite comfortable on the lips. Blue Beat almost looked purple when I first swatched it so I had to swatch it next to Gunner and Midnight Troll and it suddenly looked blue again. I swatched Stallion next to Hautecore and it is by far more pigmented and more black than Hautecore. They look very glossy upon first application but dry down to more of a ... satin-y type finish I'd say.

Reporting back when I have more to say about wear and longevity.

Attachments

• mac liptensity lipstick stallion blue beat3.png
    mac liptensity lipstick stallion blue beat3.png
    543.1 KB · Views: 181
  • mac liptensity lipstick stallion blue beat4.png
    mac liptensity lipstick stallion blue beat4.png
    544.7 KB · Views: 185

jlampley

Really!? My Macys is pretty small & I know they said only certain locations would have them but yes, wouldn't it have been nice to see them first. ;)

What shades are you liking?

I'm liking all of them. So, I really need to narrow it down. Which shades are you interested in?

Rinstar

Got my Smoked Almond today. In everyone's swatches, it has a rose tone to it, while it's far more orange on me. I think it's nice, but just not what I was hoping for.

Dang, this is the one I was going to get and this happens to me frequently (nudes turning orange), so thanks for posting. I'll be skipping that one.

Honi

mac liptensity lipstick stallion blue beat7.png.jpg mac liptensity lipstick stallion blue beat8.png.jpg
Blue Beat Stallion

They have quite a lot of slip when they apply, and look really shiny upon first application but they calm down abit and dry into a satin-ish formula within like a minute. I got 7ish hours with Blue Beat yesterday, it did leave a slight color on my lips after it wore off. The formula was incredibly similart with Stallion, I also got 7ish hours with that one today before I wanted to reapply. I did have some slight layering issues (Pics to show what I mean). I applied the product to the centre of my lips and then I went in with a lipbrush to get some more even lines. Then after I was done with the lipline I went in with the lipstick again to get an even coat and it only really grabbed onto the middle part of the lips. I do have some quite dry lips right now though and tried on 10+ lipsticks over the past 24 hours so that might be why lol. Theyre very comfortable to wear though.

Latest posts