MAC - Look in a Box Discussion

akcmommy

I learned what was in the Look in a Box and bought what I liked from the F&F since most of the products are perm.

It didn't seem to be that great of a deal. It's only about $5 savings (not including the mini mascara & 181se) I think I saved more by buying from the F&F.

AjaAbeni

That song is sooooo funny!
lol.gif

sneaky.gif

*whispers* wouldnt mind having ona those tho
graucho.gif

coachkitten

These Look in A boxes are such a great deal but I have a feeling that I will pass these. I hope that one or two of these will pop up at the CCO.

NeonKitty

I think I'm going to pass too. I'm really only interested in sweet tease, since this is the only one that doesn't have a product that I already have in my traincase.

Also, the Nordies (The Bay) anniversary collections come out the same day as colour craft here, holy shizzz, its gonna be a mac day from hell. Unless they move up colour craft up a week.

kiss

This collection is a definite skip for me. However, it makes me want to whip out and use my belightful beauty powder that I have been neglecting.

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
I think I'm going to pass too. I'm really only interested in sweet tease, since this is the only one that doesn't have a product that I already have in my traincase.

Also, the Nordies (The Bay) anniversary collections come out the same day as colour craft here, holy shizzz, its gonna be a mac day from hell. Unless they move up colour craft up a week.

Oh yeah! You do get both Colour Craft and The Look Box collections on the same day! We get ours on the 17th. I only want the Sweet Tease Look box and that's it. The others are so easy to get one at a time.

mdjmsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
Thank god someone posted this...every time I hear someone mention Look in a Box, I start singing that song to myself...AAAAHHHH!!!! LOL

I think MAC did that on purpose.

Haha, I know, that was the first thing that sprang to my mind when I heard about this collection! For a minute I thought I was the only one lol. Anyway, I'm probably going to get the Seductress and the Sweet Tease-I already have Belightful from Fafi but I can probably just sell the new one from this collection seperately on eBay or something...I love the look of that beauty powder in Seductress.

sweetbabyblue

I am very tempted to get Sweet Tease, although I would prefer Bare Slimshine from Seductress box over Love Nectar

themaczealot

I'm really looking forward to getting the Seductress Box
if there's any left by the time I get to my mac counter
after work. I don't want to put this on credit
nope.gif

I don't have anything thats in the set yet
mac_haul.gif
and
you do save a little $ and I really want that baby buki!
I've wanted belightful since the start of my addiction.

Juxtapose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdjmsj
Haha, I know, that was the first thing that sprang to my mind when I heard about this collection! For a minute I thought I was the only one lol. Anyway, I'm probably going to get the Seductress and the Sweet Tease-I already have Belightful from Fafi but I can probably just sell the new one from this collection seperately on eBay or something...I love the look of that beauty powder in Seductress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaczealot
I'm really looking forward to getting the Seductress Box
if there's any left by the time I get to my mac counter
after work. I don't want to put this on credit
nope.gif

I don't have anything thats in the set yet
mac_haul.gif
and
you do save a little $ and I really want that baby buki!
I've wanted belightful since the start of my addiction.

I knew I wanted a Look Box for sure when news of this collection came out. Originally, I had my eye on the Sweet Tease one--and I thought I was being careful about not buying things that were in the boxes, but back in June I bought Gleam on accident. I totally didn't remember that was a part of it. As much as I'd love both, I'm forcing myself to be frugal, and I'm not allowing myself to get doubles.

Anyways, I really wanted the Seductress one as well, so that was an easy choice, especially since I don't have anything from it. It was good to read a couple comments about it, since everyone seems to be lemming the Sweet Tease one. I am curious about Belightful--I don't even know what it's like.

themaczealot

I just picked up the seductress one today!
mac_haul.gif
mac_addict.gif

When I went today I had a look at both the Seductress and Sweet Tease
box and I asked the mac girl helping me what was the difference between
the two powders other than colour. She said that sweet tease was more
frosty and the Belightful has a bit of shimer/glitter in it.

If that helps i'm bad at explaining things.

I cant wait to try this stuff out!
mac_blushaddict.gif

clb1968

I love the idea of a look set, I may need to check my Nordies tomorrow and see what they have. I like the Sweet Tease one,too.

snowflakelashes

I want sweet tease, someone at the counter I went to bought three of that one. I didn't let myself get it but if I had to pick one that would have been it most likely.

stv578

I decided to cancel my order for the Sweet Tease box, more money for CC. But also, the more I thought about it, the more it just didn't make sense. Gleam has never swatched nicely for me, I already have the 181, i dislike MAC mascaras and if I really want Love Nectar or Mulch, i can get them whenever. The BP was pretty, but how many such products does a girl need?

I think my favourite box is Seductress, but I already had everything but the powder from that box already. For any of you that don't have any of the items in that box, have a look. The colours are gorgeous!

clb1968

I checked and I already had the eyeshadows from the Sweet Tease box and I swapped for the BP on MUA, so I just need the Love Nectar, that's perm , isn't it, so no problem to get just that.

clslvr6spd

I am gonna cancel my order for the Sweet Tease Box. I don't need another Shell BP. I loved it when I had it the 1st time, but I just bought 3 MSF's.....so I think I am good!
winks.gif

AjaAbeni

im am patiently waiting for theses to come out, i ordered sweet tease and summer crops lip bag ( i think i want this more for the cute bag now
cutey.gif
) cause after this i am on a serious no buy untill further notice....