MAC Lunar New Year (January 18, 2018)

Miss Dynamite

I missed everything, but I'm not too upset about it. The packaging was really cute, cut the colors weren't really special. I wish they had some pinks that were closer to the color of the packaging.

aradhana

So i basically also found out I missed everything because the bay cancelled my order for my remaining items. Snif. I guess i will stalk for restocks, but to be honest, i never seem to catch the restocks of things online, especially on the Canadian site which appears to restock less often.

Corally

Me too!!! God are we back in 2016 MAC soo many drama! -quote Rich Lux (god i love him! Lol) they were so good in 2017 with stock and now we are back at stalking their fricken website :(

Were they really good with stock? Or were there so many boring collections that many people kinda lost interest in MAC? Personally, I think the latter. I can only speak for myself but I barely bought any MAC last year compared to what I used to buy because so many collections were one big yawn.

VAL4M

I had the chance to buy GH and TL on MAC NL and didn't. I've been thinking lately and I'm gonna stop buying LE lippies from now on (I haven't bought any (LE) lippies for like 2,5 months anyway). Never thought I'd say that but here's why. I always use LE lippies sparingly because I'm afraid I'll use them up and can't buy them anymore. But eventually they go bad and I have to throw them out, barely used, and obviously I can't buy the color anymore because it's LE. Honestly, it just doesn't make any sense to me anymore and I'd rather save that money or spend that money on perm lippies/other (LE) makeup that have a much longer life span. It's still not gonna be easy though :p

I’m totally with you on that one and i will add another thing a lot of the LE colour are a hit are miss colour wise on me, they are too light, to peach to cool for my colorimg OR i’m just buying a 4 th hot pink/ fuschia that are so similar that i wouldn’t have buy them if i had go live in a store swatch them. I gave a couple just because i didn’t like de colour.

Corally

I’m totally with you on that one and i will add another thing a lot of the LE colour are a hit are miss colour wise on me, they are too light, to peach to cool for my colorimg OR i’m just buying a 4 th hot pink/ fuschia that are so similar that i wouldn’t have buy them if i had go live in a store swatch them. I gave a couple just because i didn’t like de colour.

Yes this too! I'm just sick and tired of throwing €20+ lippies in the trash. I mean, I could buy a ColourPop or Juvia's Place palette for that money. And I can't even B2M the empties unless I go on vacation to another country because we don't have the B2M program here (I still save them up even though I haven't been abroad in years).

Edit: I just checked the MAC NL website and it seems we do have B2M now. Counters only, but I'll take it. I wonder when that has changed, must have been with the recent launch of the 'new' website. But that's awesome :eek:

Last edited:

Haven

My orders shipped. :rocker::rocker:

Plus I stopped by a Mac counter in Macy’s after work, and they had everything except To Luck lipstick in stock. So I purchased the remaining products that I could not get online. They had more than ten of some items.

MAC in Macy’s del amo fashion center

eta there is also a Macy’s men’s store in that mall which is obviously not the store you want to call lol

Last edited:

Rinstar

My orders shipped. :rocker::rocker:

Plus I stopped by a Mac counter in Macy’s after work, and they had everything except To Luck lipstick in stock. So I purchased the remaining products that I could not get online. They had more than ten of some items.

MAC in Macy’s del amo fashion center

eta there is also a Macy’s men’s store in that mall which is obviously not the store you want to call lol

Thanks for the encouragement about the counter. I have to go to the mall tomorrow morning anyway so will check!

loulouhex

Ugh. This is some
old school MAC launch action. Sold out online when I tried to order at 8:30 am. I called around at lunch and scored the blush, Peachy New Year and Good Health from a NYC Bloomies and Macy’s. Still stalking Prosperity and To Luck. These are my colors!

Sweetyellow

I'm disappointed at how MAC has handled this particular collection. I mean there was a little more buzz around this then previous collections over the past few months and they didn't even notify Obsessed/Devoted tier members? Aren't Obsessed/Devoted supposed to get an earlier release prior to the general release? Why does MAC even bother with this 'Loyalty program' if they aren't properly using it for every collection release?

Anyways, I was ready to purchase 3 lipsticks but I missed ALL launches so I gotta hold out hope for a re-stock on the MAC website. Honestly, I'm so, so, so disappointed with MAC. UGH!

Last edited:

Mac-Guy

I had the chance to buy GH and TL on MAC NL and didn't. I've been thinking lately and I'm gonna stop buying LE lippies from now on (I haven't bought any (LE) lippies for like 2,5 months anyway). Never thought I'd say that but here's why. I always use LE lippies sparingly because I'm afraid I'll use them up and can't buy them anymore. But eventually they go bad and I have to throw them out, barely used, and obviously I can't buy the color anymore because it's LE. Honestly, it just doesn't make any sense to me anymore and I'd rather save that money or spend that money on perm lippies/other (LE) makeup that have a much longer life span. It's still not gonna be easy though :p

Just enjoy your goodies. By the time you finish an LE lipstick, a new one will be around to please you.

missjulie

This collection brought me one step closer to being done with MAC. They didn't even launch the collection here, which made me really mad in the first place, but then when I checked the Austrian site, where I wanted to order from through a friend, everything was already sold out...
But of course eBay is - yet again - full of items from this collection... oh well, there are other brands that actually make an effort to serve their customers.

VAL4M

Were they really good with stock? Or were there so many boring collections that many people kinda lost interest in MAC? Personally, I think the latter. I can only speak for myself but I barely bought any MAC last year compared to what I used to buy because so many collections were one big yawn.

I'm not THAT big of a fan of MAC, but I think they release a lot of basic everyday thing, nothing flashy and also a lot of permanent thing, i'm thinking of the Next to nothing collection (I purchased the big fan brush and the powder that I love) , the retro matte liquid lipstick and so on. So yes maybe people took more there time before buying and that didn't create a shortage minutes after the launch.

MACGirl13

I just received notification from Bloomingdale's that part of my order is cancelled. I placed it this morning and waited all day, checking multiple times and now at 4:57 PM, they cancel it. I wanted the Pure Happiness Lipstick. Now I waited too late to get it from somewhere else. MAC and Bloomingdale frustrates me.

I am a Happy Girl....at 11:30 PM EST last night, I was able to order Pure Happiness from a Nordstrom store in California. I checked on EVIL-BAY and they are selling for $45 already last evening. This is the first that I have purchased from MAC in a very long time and I believe it will be a very long time before I order this brand again. So for now, I am going to enjoy my eye palette and lipstick.

Kaidan

This collection brought me one step closer to being done with MAC. They didn't even launch the collection here, which made me really mad in the first place, but then when I checked the Austrian site, where I wanted to order from through a friend, everything was already sold out...
But of course eBay is - yet again - full of items from this collection... oh well, there are other brands that actually make an effort to serve their customers.
I agree.

I checked early in the morning and everything was labeled as coming soon only for MAC to reveal that everything was sold out since like 4am when I chatted with a representative at noon. None of the Mac stores received the collection and only one of them had a display for the carnival collection that features permanent items. Macy's told me that they may receive the collection during the weekend or not but that I shouldn't get my hopes up with how everything is arriving slowly in PR. I ordered the eyeshadow palette and the blush duo on Bloomingdales only to receive a cancelation notice because everything was out of stock. They pulled the same crap with the holiday eyeshadows only to find them at Ebay for double or triple the original price. ~dramatic sigh~

GreenEyedAllie

I saw the Canadian MAC IG handle teasing about the collection in a way that screams restock. This launch was such a spectacular fail that I have to believe there’s more going on. It was not THAT buzzed about or hyped up to warrant this.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
IMG_0865.JPG

Quick swatches with flash. I feel like both shades look a bit more intense/brighter on my skin that they do in the pan, especially the pink, and even more so on my face in daylight (tried it on earlier). So I'm a tad bit disappointed because I was hoping for more muted colors, but it's still very pretty. Color payoff is good, the pink side is slightly better IMO.

Latest posts