MAC Lunar New Year (January 18, 2018)

lipstickaddict

I saw the Canadian MAC IG handle teasing about the collection in a way that screams restock. This launch was such a spectacular fail that I have to believe there’s more going on. It was not THAT buzzed about or hyped up to warrant this.

I'm pretty sure there's going to be a restock although that probably was always the case;)

Last edited:

aradhana

Quick swatches with flash. I feel like both shades look a bit more intense/brighter on my skin that they do in the pan, especially the pink, and even more so on my face in daylight (tried it on earlier). So I'm a tad bit disappointed because I was hoping for more muted colors, but it's still very pretty. Color payoff is good, the pink side is slightly better IMO.

this looks so pretty!

Monsy

View attachment 62957

Quick swatches with flash. I feel like both shades look a bit more intense/brighter on my skin that they do in the pan, especially the pink, and even more so on my face in daylight (tried it on earlier). So I'm a tad bit disappointed because I was hoping for more muted colors, but it's still very pretty. Color payoff is good, the pink side is slightly better IMO.
OK I had no idea it is this bright. For some reason,
I thought colors are muted.

VAL4M

That will work! It's very pretty on you dear!
Thank you :thanx: I find the blush quite natural and Naynadine is right the pink side is showing up more then the peach/orange side so if you want a warmer blush you should avoid the pink side.

GreenEyedAllie

It is muted but quite buildable here 2 picture 1st finger swatch no primer nothing the other is on my face and at one point i did extra blending View attachment 62982 View attachment 62983
Gorgeous on you with the whole look you have!

My Nordies STORE order from California arrived today!! I was shocked because I’m East Coast. Everything looks so so pretty...I really hope it restocks so everyone can get what they want. I’m going to try to go through my stash for dupes. I think that will be relatively easy for Good Health...maybe a couple for Prosperity...but To Luck looks unique to MY collection.

NATlar

I’m still annoyed how I couldn’t get my hands on the blush duo and at least one lipstick but I was more excited to get the blush duo! As soon as I seen it go live on the UK website it was just showing as sold out :(

mango13

I don’t think there was that much hype for this collection. They just had very little stock and probably didn’t send anything out to the bloggers because there’s no point in promoting a collection with barely any stock.

Mac-Guy

I'm disappointed at how MAC has handled this particular collection. I mean there was a little more buzz around this then previous collections over the past few months and they didn't even notify Obsessed/Devoted tier members? Aren't Obsessed/Devoted supposed to get an earlier release prior to the general release? Why does MAC even bother with this 'Loyalty program' if they aren't properly using it for every collection release?

Anyways, I was ready to purchase 3 lipsticks but I missed ALL launches so I gotta hold out hope for a re-stock on the MAC website. Honestly, I'm so, so, so disappointed with MAC. UGH!

Because member will spend more money to keep their membership status. Marketing 101.

Latest posts