MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

martiangurll

Okay more praise for Moleskin and Outre. These I use with almost every eye combo I do now. For the first time since my MAC obsession began, I am actually worried about getting a back up of both of these because I will be so sad when they are gone. I never BU eyeshadows because I never hit pan. Maybe I can find BU at my CCO.

PinkBasset

I convinced myself I didn't need Outre because I have Ochre Style. Now I wish I had bought it...
th_wallbash.gif
I don't see it in ebay either.
001_unsure.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I can't work the quad by itself. I have to get a darker e/s to use in the crease with it, but all the shades are great for smokey eyes if you combo it with a darker colors (like probably the Evil eye quad would complement it well, but I don't have that). I have used Hocus Pocus with the lighter shades in Lady Grey and it looked nice. If you have Nebula pigment, it could work well with that quad. I have also dug out Mont Blanc or Cloudburst e/s and used it together, using them in the crease and Lady Grey for the lid (with the lighter purple shadow on the brow). (

This is my main beef with MAC quads. I think the shades are selected to look pretty together, but an ideal quad would have a color scheme with a highlight/brow color, a contrast color for the V of the eye, and maybe 2 colors for the lid or contour/crease. (And yeah, ideally no repromotes or chalky individual e/s.) All of the shadows have pretty good payoff and look pretty in the pans, and there is only one re-promote which is a gorgeous color from All Races, I think, which I didn't have anyway. I love this quad, esp. the mossy green-grey color Lady Grey, for smoky eye looks, but you need darker e/s to use for contouring IMO because none of the shades in this quad are dark enough for this purpose. On the plus side, none of the individual colors were chalky or hard to work with.
It's definitely soft on its own, although that makes it a nice, different sort of choice with a darker lip for me (like Prince Noir!). To make it smokier, it definitely needs some help from a darker friend. Hocus Pocus and LEgendary Black both look nice. I'm still very fond of this quad- my favourite from last year and I totally agree with you on the Lady Grey shade, the green one. It looks like nothing in Mac's lineup- or anybody else's for that matter!