MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

BuickMackane

I've been killing time checking out random MAC stuff and I came across swatches of the Lady Grey quad. It's sooo gorgeous!
eyelove.gif

No idea why I never paid attention to it before. I can be a real eejit sometimes.

geeko

eh... i have the lady grey quad... and i ...DISLIKE IT... color payoff is blaaaah. U need a good base below the shadows and keep packing on with a stiff brush like the 242 for them to show up well.... Too much work for a lazy person like me..... The SHOP MAC COOK MAC quads pigmentation were way better imho

martiangurll

eh... i have the lady grey quad... and i ...DISLIKE IT... color payoff is blaaaah. U need a good base below the shadows for them to show up well..... The SHOP MAC COOK MAC quads pigmentation were way better imho
iagree.gif

I have an obsession for getting almost all quads but I actually think this was a waste. I wish I had waited and got it at the CCO. The pigmentation is okay IMHO but all of the colors are very light, muted grey-pastels. There is not a nice dark color to use for contrast. The light lavender color is quite pretty and the Lady Grey color is a muted, mossy grey green with sheen is gorgeous, but not worth buying a whole quad to get it. I think you would do well to try and dupe the light lavender and the mossy grey color and make your own quad. Just my 2 pesos.

BuickMackane

I have an obsession for getting almost all quads but I actually think this was a waste. I wish I had waited and got it at the CCO. The pigmentation is okay IMHO but all of the colors are very light, muted grey-pastels. There is not a nice dark color to use for contrast. The light lavender color is quite pretty and the Lady Grey color is a muted, mossy grey green with sheen is gorgeous, but not worth buying a whole quad to get it. I think you would do well to try and dupe the light lavender and the mossy grey color and make your own quad. Just my 2 pesos.
I feel so much better now, thank you!
flower.gif

The thing with Lady Grey is that I already have similar colours (MAC and other brands), but when all four of colours are all cosily huddled up together in a quad they look all the more appealing. I suppose it's the case with most quads
lol.gif

martiangurll

I feel so much better now, thank you!
flower.gif

The thing with Lady Grey is that I already have similar colours (MAC and other brands), but when all four of colours are all cosily huddled up together in a quad they look all the more appealing. I suppose it's the case with most quads
lol.gif
I agree, I think they pick colors that look pretty in the palette together when would I would really like is to have a nice highlighter/brow bone color, a lid color, and crease color, and a fourth one to either add contrast or be an alternate to the lid color for 2 different looks with similar themes. But, who am I as a mere customer to dictate what I want in a quad???

geeko

I agree, I think they pick colors that look pretty in the palette together when would I would really like is to have a nice highlighter/brow bone color, a lid color, and crease color, and a fourth one to either add contrast or be an alternate to the lid color for 2 different looks with similar themes. But, who am I as a mere customer to dictate what I want in a quad???
U can dictate what u want :) Buy refills or depot colors and fill them into the empty MAC Quads.

Lady grey may be good for those ladies who like just a light wash of color on their eye lids. but as for me, as I m more used to stronger colors, I kinda find Lady grey a bit blah for me,

martiangurll

U can dictate what u want :) Buy refills or depot colors and fill them into the empty MAC Quads.

Lady grey may be good for those ladies who like just a light wash of color on their eye lids. but as for me, as I m more used to stronger colors, I kinda find Lady grey a bit blah for me,
iagree.gif
But, to be
th_devil.gif
advovate, I really like getting a discount on 4 shadows, so its nice when they do come up with a quad that can be used per se. I have several empty 4 pan quads and I like to switch the colors around and make my own. The possibilities really are almost endless and I can usually dupe any quad they come up with, so when I snag a quad it is usually for the nostalgia of the collection, or if they have a shadow that isn't available otherwise (this is usually the reason), or if its just a good deal--but that depends on ALL FOUR of the colors having good pigmentation and texture.

geeko

Yep I agree with u. The pre made quads are really value for money... much more than the duos... (Did anyone notice that MAC is slowly releasing duos instead of quads in their collections. e.g. every fall they would release quads, but this yr instead of quads they released duo palettes instead. I hope they will continue to release quads, coz honestly quads are more value for money XD, not that I won't buy duo palettes, it's just that I prefer quads cozI have more color combos to play around with )

martiangurll

Yes, it is a trend I have not been delighted to see, but at least I don't have to worry about them putting Carbon in a duo for each collection. Otherwise I would have about 4 or 5 of them by now.

aradhana

Yes, it is a trend I have not been delighted to see, but at least I don't have to worry about them putting Carbon in a duo for each collection. Otherwise I would have about 4 or 5 of them by now.
if they put a carbon in ANY duo, the other colour better be AMAZING!

i just recently got the lady grey quad at a CCO, and i quite like it, though I agree with everyone who noted that it's lacking in the contrast department. i guess it's a little more of an impressionistic or something...

geeko

The old MAC carbon e/s was good, but the Carbon these days is like ......errrrr ehhhh...is this a different Carbon from the one that I own?

Newae, thank goodness in all my quads I do not have any Carbon, but I have like 3 repeats of Deep truth in 3 different quads LOL!

martiangurll

The old MAC carbon e/s was good, but the Carbon these days is like ......errrrr ehhhh...is this a different Carbon from the one that I own?

Newae, thank goodness in all my quads I do not have any Carbon, but I have like 3 repeats of Deep truth in 3 different quads LOL!
Lets not forget the 3 copies I have a Showstopper, well at least that one has decent pigmentation so I guess I am not complaining (much)