MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

Haven

I just placed an order for 226 through Nordstroms. I was going to pick it up instead, but now that is no longer an option. It said that there wasn't one within 100 miles of me. WTH? Last night 20 Nordstroms around me were listed as having them.

Now as long as I don't get a backorder notice, I will be fine.

makeupgrrl

Hi all...I am new here, but wanted to share my excitement for this line! I can't wait until Thursday to get my goodies. I am debating ordering some stuff online, since everything I want is not available yet. I just don't want anything I want to sell out before I can get my anxious hands on them..LOL. I would prefer to wait to actually see everything in person before I buy them though.

my list so far:
226 brush
moleskin e/s
outre e/s
carbonized e/s
prince noir ls
dark envy fluid line
211 brush ?
stunner blush ?

Haven

I gave up waiting for the last third of this collection to be released online. So in my LE "it is all going to sell out" panic I ordered my wishlist from MAC.com minus the lady grey quad. I know that I probably should have waited, but I hate having to call around & hunt for stuff in the stores. Plus I cannot get to my FS store until probably Sat this week.

Sass

my list...(already have the 226 thanks to the cco)

carbonized e/s
outre e/s
runway red l/s
fatigues n/l
stunner blush?

going to wait until I can add fatigues to my order. if something on my list sells out then oh well.

purplerinne

just got off the phone with MAC CS and she says the 226 brush will be available online tomorrow. let's see if that's true =T

Prettypackages

I think I am going to wait on the fluid lines and see if there is something similiar in other lines that I can get later. I have to cut my list down, right now with the bloggers collection, I am spending $382, doesn't even include the shade sticks. LOL

lmcmullen

I'm finding myself a bit annoyed by the staggered release of this. Then again, I have a sinus infection and have had a bad couple of weeks at work so my viewpoint is rather....dim... right now.

Nika

I also gave up waiting and decided to hunt down a MAC Pro store. Turns out I'm three city blocks away from one. LOL.

Picked up Dark Envy fluidline. They were totally sold out of Midnight Blues fluidline (and they said they'd only received SIX of them! GAH). Social Light didn't look NEARLY as good as the photos I'd seen posted around the net so I decided to pass on that and just pick up some regular old Fix+. I'll be at a regular MAC store on Thursday and try to get my hands on a Midnight Blues fluidline if the web site doesn't have them available by then.

Piarpreet

no honey. It's annoying anyways cos i aint sick and i find it so upsetting lol. Cos u make one order to avoid carbonized mythical oh oh oh to sell out, then another one for prince noir not to be sold out, then another for 226! its like... Hell no! And I pay for shipping. (pros never get free shipping :( damn)
I'm finding myself a bit annoyed by the staggered release of this. Then again, I have a sinus infection and have had a bad couple of weeks at work so my viewpoint is rather....dim... right now.

QueenOfSnark

I'm gonna be hella irritated if I stroll into my local FSS Thursday first thing and the 226 is already sold out/they only got like 3. >_< At this point it's the only thing I want in this collection.

EDIT: Derp, tomorrow's not Thursday. >_>

ahhhttack

Can't MAC ever just release a collection normally like EVERY. OTHER. BRAND. manages to?

Irritation aside, I want 2 226's and Lady Grey quad. Honestly wouldn't even mind if I missed LG, just need those 226s! Of course, my favorite crease brush ever is the one MAC won't make permanent even though they obviously know the popularity of it.

Oh MAC, you irritate me so much but I just can't quit you.

XxMoOmOoxX

I called my Macys they said they only had 3 226 brushes. Everyone good luck getting one. If you want one I would be there when your store opens.

The Mac counters at Macy's usually have a low stock of limited edition items because I'm guessing they save most of the stock for freestanding stores, since they are more popular.

I think the stock depends on the popularity of the Mac counter and Mac store in general.

During the Surf Baby collection, my Mac counter at Macy's only had 6 lipsticks in stock for each of the limited edition lipsticks.

freesiafc

Nordstroms and Macys have the collection up on their website. I'm not seeing the 226 brush or Peachstock on the Macys website.
shrugs.gif

Hendrix

I ordered Prince Noir and Smoked Purple... I think they'll be my only purchases from this collection, seeing as I can get Spite any ol' time and I'm not interested in the 226.

UrbanSweetheart

dude...those are almost my "orders" exactly! LOL! I did one order for the eyeshadows as soon as they popped on the site. Then I did an order for Stunner blush. and THEN I ordered Prince Noir & Nightmoth liner as soon as it popped up! CRAZINESS.

I also made a order from Nordies for the 226 brush... >_>
yea...this is a problem