MAC Macnificent Me! Collection (Sep 21 / Oct 1, 2015)

leonah

That's the only one I have too. I keep going in to get a couple more and end up putting them back up. Dunno why when I love the one I have so much! I won't hesitate to spend $16-17 on a MAC lipstick but $5 on a drugstore and I hesitate! Craziness!
haha I'm exactly like that too. too much scarring from past drugstore buys and I hate products that don't have a great longevity and color payoff which they usually lack of. but sometimes I find some HG cheap products
angelic.gif

lilinah

haha I'm exactly like that too. too much scarring from past drugstore buys and I hate products that don't have a great longevity and color payoff which they usually lack of. but sometimes I find some HG cheap products :angel:
Some time ago there was a LE Mac lip product I couldn't get my hands on, so I got the drugstore dupe. Then I managed to get the MAC. Well, yeah, they looked pretty much like dupes in a swatch on the arm. But they wore very differently. The MAC was so much more pigmented, had a better texture, and held up longer. I tried DS foundations and no go. I do use a DS liquid eyeliner regularly - about to buy my third container. But I've found that many DS products just don't have the pigmentation, texture, and durability of MAC

leonah

do you guys know any perm mac dupe for my inner femme but in another finish?

or is this one good although it's an amplified?

brumblebee

do you guys know any perm mac dupe for my inner femme but in another finish?

or is this one good although it's an amplified?
If you want a matte finish instead I would try either Lady Danger, Viva Glam Miley 2 (which is LE, but more long term), or So Chaud (which is the most orange). I'm not sure how close any of those are, but they are all matte warm-toned reds.

lumaday

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Lusty blush for a pale gal? It looks beautiful and stunning on you ladies with deeper skin tones but I am not sure how it will translate to my NC20-NC15ish skin. I did take a chance on the Guo Pei Red Water Lily which is quite intense on me but sprayed with some Fix+ settles into my skin for a lovely coral glow. I am hoping this deep red/berry might do the same.

montREALady

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Lusty blush for a pale gal? It looks beautiful and stunning on you ladies with deeper skin tones but I am not sure how it will translate to my NC20-NC15ish skin. I did take a chance on the Guo Pei Red Water Lily which is quite intense on me but sprayed with some Fix+ settles into my skin for a lovely coral glow. I am hoping this deep red/berry might do the same.
A light hand should be fine on you! Get it!
poke.gif

Prettypackages

That's good to hear. I tend to be really skeptical about drugstore "dupes" people talk about on YouTube. Just because two things were made from the same concept doesn't make them "dupes." Unless I really just can't afford something, I'm not going to pay even 1/3 the price for a product with a crap formula.

I really don't like the group Dupe That either. I think a lot of times they take photos in bad lighting to "make" their "dupes" look the same! They've listed so many lipsticks as dupes that I know aren't dupes.
Agreed. I'm in a facebook makeup group and all they talk about are dupes. I'm like, but have you checked the ingredients? my fave example are the OCC liptars dupes that ppl found in beauty supply stores. Same packaging, and concept, but COMPLETELY different ingredients. I'll just buy one or two of the OCC liptar colors I love, and leave the other stuff alone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corally

Oooh I finally tried ALL today. L.O.V.E. I tell ya.
bigheart.gif
I need to wear this. LOL

violetta

I am an NW10 / N3 and I have Lusty Blush. I use a fluffy fan brush ,I pick up a very small amount on brush then I run brush against the back of my hand,
whatever is left on the brush I then apply to my cheeks. I keep doing this until I get the desired level / depth of color.

Corally

Do you have any thoughts on Lusty vs Burnt Pepper?
I don't have Burnt Pepper, but Miss @Corally  below is a believer. But as you can see, she's finally tried ALL and loves it, lolll!
Oooh I finally tried ALL today. L.O.V.E. I tell ya. :bigheart:
LOL! Get them both if you can. :haha: They're beautiful. I'm about NC20-25 btw if that helps! I do need to use a light hand with my RT multi task brush but that only means that those blushes will last me foreverrr lol! I haven't bought any blushes for a year (time flies!) before these two came out, but I just had to get them and don't regret it all.

montREALady

LOL! Get them both if you can.
girlhaha.gif
They're beautiful. I'm about NC20-25 btw if that helps! I do need to use a light hand with my RT multi task brush but that only means that those blushes will last me foreverrr lol! I haven't bought any blushes for a year (time flies!) before these two came out, but I just had to get them and don't regret it all.
I need to try BP.

lumaday

I am an NW10 / N3 and I have Lusty Blush. I use a fluffy fan brush ,I pick up a very small amount on brush then I run brush against the back of my hand,
whatever is left on the brush I then apply to my cheeks. I keep doing this until I get the desired level / depth of color.
Thanks for the input, a fan brush is a great idea! I will have to try this technique.

GreenEyedAllie

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Lusty blush for a pale gal?  It looks beautiful and stunning on you ladies with deeper skin tones but I am not sure how it will translate to my NC20-NC15ish skin.  I did take a chance on the Guo Pei Red Water Lily which is quite intense on me but sprayed with some Fix+ settles into my skin for a lovely coral glow.  I am hoping this deep red/berry might do the same.
Super pale here and I've been wearing it almost daily! LOVE! Perfect fall blush...I've worn it with warm and cool looks. I use a duo fiber and lightly layer until I get the look I want.

sagehen

In my buying frenzy I may have misplaced my A Little Lusty blush...I am looking one more time when I get home from work.

Icecaramellatte

I picked up the rest of the items in this collection I wanted yesterday. I had to go to a few stores though. I got the 3 new shadows and all 3 blushes. I'm still iffy on the palette. The last store I went to opened up the draw to get the burgundy shadow for me and there were tons of the palette. Was this palette not popular? Oh and the SA at Nordstrom told me A Little Lusty was going to be permanent but she thought may be only at Mac stores. They were out of it but I did find it at the Mac store down the hall in the mall I was in. I feel like I need to go back and read this thread a little more carefully. I kind of missed the excitement, if there was any and see about looks anyone was doing.