MAC Macnificent Me! Collection (Sep 21 / Oct 1, 2015)

montREALady

That makes two of us.
If my sis weren't Pro I wouldn't be trying jack, lolll. I need to see it on my face first though because it looked like it would be a subtle blush on my skin tone. I thought I saw WOC raving about it in another thread. Maybe it's another blush. I think the one I'm talking about its more orange and from the new set of blushes that came out in the Spring. I so wasn't paying attention then because they're perm
girlhaha.gif
Wait I think it's Devil!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Prettypackages

If my sis weren't Pro I wouldn't be trying jack, lolll. I need to see it on my face first though because it looked like it would be a subtle blush on my skin tone. I thought I saw WOC raving about it in another thread. Maybe it's another blush. I think the one I'm talking about its more orange and from the new set of blushes that came out in the Spring. I so wasn't paying attention then because they're perm
girlhaha.gif
Wait I think it's Devil!
blush-anim-cl.gif
LMAO!

CrimsonQuill157

My Nice Composure paint pot came today! Someone on Youtube said that the formula was nearly identical to that of the Maybelline Color Tattoos and I was afraid I was going to regret spending so much on a cream shadow, but IMO they are very different. the Maybelline CTs are harder to apply and blend out, and tend to kind of "roll" while trying to smooth them out on the lid. the MAC paint pot is super creamy, easy to blend, just a much better formula overall. I'm curious to see the wear time.

LipstickNChill

My Nice Composure paint pot came today! Someone on Youtube said that the formula was nearly identical to that of the Maybelline Color Tattoos and I was afraid I was going to regret spending so much on a cream shadow, but IMO they are very different. the Maybelline CTs are harder to apply and blend out, and tend to kind of "roll" while trying to smooth them out on the lid. the MAC paint pot is super creamy, easy to blend, just a much better formula overall. I'm curious to see the wear time.
Aah, I am so coveting Nice Composure! Nice to know that the texture is superior to the Maybelline color tattoos. I want to pull the trigger but I'm not sure if it will look good against my coloring (NC42).

brumblebee

That's good to hear. I tend to be really skeptical about drugstore "dupes" people talk about on YouTube. Just because two things were made from the same concept doesn't make them "dupes." Unless I really just can't afford something, I'm not going to pay even 1/3 the price for a product with a crap formula.

I really don't like the group Dupe That either. I think a lot of times they take photos in bad lighting to "make" their "dupes" look the same! They've listed so many lipsticks as dupes that I know aren't dupes.

CrimsonQuill157

That's good to hear. I tend to be really skeptical about drugstore "dupes" people talk about on YouTube. Just because two things were made from the same concept doesn't make them "dupes." Unless I really just can't afford something, I'm not going to pay even 1/3 the price for a product with a crap formula.

I really don't like the group Dupe That either. I think a lot of times they take photos in bad lighting to "make" their "dupes" look the same! They've listed so many lipsticks as dupes that I know aren't dupes.
Agreed. I mean I would much rather pay $6 than $22 for a cream shadow, but it's worth it if it doesn't crease during the day and goes on more smoothly. Now that I know I like the formula, I might pick up Painterly as a base for my shadows. I've heard it's good for that.

LipstickNChill

Agreed! A good dupe for me needs to check all boxes of similarity from color, texture, to formula. I really regret settling for dupes in the past. In the grand scheme of things, the same money could have gone towards buying the real thing. Now, I rationalize the money that would have been spent on the dupe as a discount towards the original, it's like getting a $5 discount on the original as opposed to saving money by buying the dupe.

CrimsonQuill157

Agreed! A good dupe for me needs to check all boxes of similarity from color, texture, to formula. I really regret settling for dupes in the past. In the grand scheme of things, the same money could have gone towards buying the real thing. Now, I rationalize the money that would have been spent on the dupe as a discount towards the original, it's like getting a $5 discount on the original as opposed to saving money by buying the dupe.
Agreed! The only drugstore product I've really been impressed with lately is the Maybelline matte lipsticks, those are bomb. Otherwise, I always feel like I end up wasting my money when I buy drugstore.

Vandekamp

Agreed! The only drugstore product I've really been impressed with lately is the Maybelline matte lipsticks, those are bomb. Otherwise, I always feel like I end up wasting my money when I buy drugstore.
You have to try the Milani liquid matte lipsticks. They are highly pigmented and last for hours. I am not a fan of drugstore makeup but I will make an exception for Milani.

LipstickNChill

You know I only have the
I only have one of the Maybelline Matte lipsticks- Touch of Spice, love that color! The rest, I have have dupes for. Although I did hear that they had launched newer shades in that line, I need to check that out. I am also curious about the color blur matte lipsticks by Maybelline, the ones that mimic the Korean matte lipsticks from Amore.

LipstickNChill

You have to try the Milani liquid matte lipsticks. They are highly pigmented and last for hours. I am not a fan of drugstore makeup but I will make an exception for Milani.
You know I am SOO glad that they are making those permanent! I can finally get my hands on Beloved.

LipstickNChill

Beloved is the only one I do not have and believe me when I say I've been to at least 20 CVS's and Walgreens.' I am excited that they will be perm next year too.
Do you mind telling me which ones you have? I've heard that a couple of them are a bit streaky...ugh can't think of the names but the lightest one and the darkest one are both streaky IIRC.

CrimsonQuill157

You know I only have the
I only have one of the Maybelline Matte lipsticks- Touch of Spice, love that color! The rest, I have have dupes for. Although I did hear that they had launched newer shades in that line, I need to check that out. I am also curious about the color blur matte lipsticks by Maybelline, the ones that mimic the Korean matte lipsticks from Amore.
That's the only one I have too. I keep going in to get a couple more and end up putting them back up. Dunno why when I love the one I have so much! I won't hesitate to spend $16-17 on a MAC lipstick but $5 on a drugstore and I hesitate! Craziness!

Vandekamp

Do you mind telling me which ones you have? I've heard that a couple of them are a bit streaky...ugh can't think of the names but the lightest one and the darkest one are both streaky IIRC.
I have Embrace, Desire, Romance, Flirt, Lust, Adore. I am forgetting the names of two of them.