MAC Macnificent Me! Collection (Sep 21 / Oct 1, 2015)

B

Buffy89

Douglas counters got/will get the collection later than other locations. Check again, Buffy. Good luck and happy hauling
bouquet.gif
By coincidence, I noticed everything is available at my counter! Thanks though, @VelvetLips for offering to swatch things for me.
I caved and purchased the palette (so I'm a lousy, susceptible low-buyer). Mostly because the lighter shades aren't as light as I expected, which is a plus. And I bought the burgundy x9 palette some time ago and absolutely love the 3x3 rows. Usually, bigger palettes like the UD Nakeds are a little too overwhelming for me to find new combos, so I'm doing the same combos over and over again, but there must be something about that 3x3 pattern that helps me being creative. The Macnificent palette is really suitable for smoky looks and not as pale and natural as I thought...so I got enough reasons to justify that purchase, I hope.
And I also purchased Personal Pick because the color is fab.
Skipped the Patentpolishes, but they were up my alley, although dupable if one doesn't need the exact formula (maybe they'll stick around for some time and I can get one next month). I was interested in Stroke My Ego Paint Pot, but unlike lots of swatches I've seen, it turned out dark silver on me, and I wanted it to be a lilac taupe.
Excited to try my new stuff tomorrow morning!

MACina

By coincidence, I noticed everything is available at my counter! Thanks though, @VelvetLips for offering to swatch things for me.
I caved and purchased the palette (so I'm a lousy, susceptible low-buyer). Mostly because the lighter shades aren't as light as I expected, which is a plus. And I bought the burgundy x9 palette some time ago and absolutely love the 3x3 rows. Usually, bigger palettes like the UD Nakeds are a little too overwhelming for me to find new combos, so I'm doing the same combos over and over again, but there must be something about that 3x3 pattern that helps me being creative. The Macnificent palette is really suitable for smoky looks and not as pale and natural as I thought...so I got enough reasons to justify that purchase, I hope.
And I also purchased Personal Pick because the color is fab.
Skipped the Patentpolishes, but they were up my alley, although dupable if one doesn't need the exact formula (maybe they'll stick around for some time and I can get one next month). I was interested in Stroke My Ego Paint Pot, but unlike lots of swatches I've seen, it turned out dark silver on me, and I wanted it to be a lilac taupe.
Excited to try my new stuff tomorrow morning!

YAY...this is great news
yahoo.gif

Personal Pic is stunning
eyelove.gif

Enjoy playing with your new goodies!

CrimsonQuill157

I swatched several of my darker reds next to Deep Love to see if one of them was close enough that I wouldn't need a back up. I expected Lingering Kiss or Living Legend to be the closest, and they are - but they are actually quite different. There is much more red in them than is in Deep Love. Sin was even redder, but a warmer red. Runner was totally different, a more vibrant (as vibrant as a deep red can get) red. Underworld was pretty close but the satin formula makes it look pretty different. It does have that brown undertone that Deep Love has. Truthfully Underworld is probably closest in shade, but it's such a shiny formula in comparison that it makes it look so different!

VelvetLips

Deep Love! Someone told me at work that this was the most flattering lipstick she had seen me wear
smiles.gif
Looks amazing on you! What kind of job do you have that let's you get away with wearing these shades at work? I envy you! Maybe it's just me being too shy in a work environment, though.

montREALady

Looks amazing on you! What kind of job do you have that let's you get away with wearing these shades at work? I envy you! Maybe it's just me being too shy in a work environment, though.
I can wear what I want at work too. Thankfully. Office but it's an ad agency ;)

CrimsonQuill157

Thanks ladies! Eh it isn't that great. I work through a temp service in a factory. Must have hair up, must wear company shirt, no jewelry, no nail polish... fun makeup is about the only thing I can do!

Icecaramellatte

I finally picked up Nice Composure Paint Pot. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the rest of the products that I want. If collections from other brands hadn't been so fantastic, I would have hauled a long time ago. I'm not one to do it piece meal. So sad not to get everything. Now mac holiday is upon us. Yikes.

I still want 3 eyeshadow singles, palette, and all 3 blushes.

leonah

I bought the last fashion revival (after a long hunt for it in different stores) yesterday and it is sooo gorgeous!! glad I could get a hold of it this time around. I also got diva antics which is also really beautiful
eyelove.gif
love them both and the sculpt duo + personal pick!

which lip liners would fit fashion revival and diva antics? beet/nightingale and maybe burgundy or something?

Vandekamp

I bought the last fashion revival (after a long hunt for it in different stores) yesterday and it is sooo gorgeous!! glad I could get a hold of it this time around. I also got diva antics which is also really beautiful
eyelove.gif
love them both and the sculpt duo + personal pick!

which lip liners would fit fashion revival and diva antics? beet/nightingale and maybe burgundy or something?
rebellious, Nightmoth, Dark Out

leonah

rebellious, Nightmoth, Dark Out
thank you :) never thought about rebellious! and dark out looks so pretty. but not sure about the PLW.. I have a few from the old range and the tip breaks so easily it's annoying it's too soft and the wood (?) around it is too hard. have you tried the new colors? :)

brumblebee

I bought the last fashion revival (after a long hunt for it in different stores) yesterday and it is sooo gorgeous!! glad I could get a hold of it this time around. I also got diva antics which is also really beautiful :eyelove:  love them both and the sculpt duo + personal pick! which lip liners would fit fashion revival and diva antics? beet/nightingale and maybe burgundy or something?
Ive worn FR with both beet and nightingale. Both good options. I don't have Diva Antics, but if I had to guess I'd say go with Burgundy.

AnitaK

Picked up A Little Lusty Blush and Diva Antics Lipstick today. Especially love Diva Antics. Such a stunning colour!!!
eyelove.gif