MAC magazine advertisement? Since when?

glamdoll

Wow that is crazy! They should like at least put a product on the page though, now I want what she is wearing and I dont know what it is! lol
smiles.gif

toparistonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
That looks like an ad to me.

Yeah, kinda guessed that. I just haven't ever seen anything like that before, and didn't know if it was a new thing, them advertising, or what.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by toparistonight
Yeah, kinda guessed that. I just haven't ever seen anything like that before, and didn't know if it was a new thing, them advertising, or what.

Yep, it's new to me too.

Ms. Z

I wish they would put more advertisements in magazines, I have only seen the ones for Viva Glam & I have a full page ad for the Barbie Collection.

makeupmadb

I've not had any mailers, although I'd love too! I don't know how it works here in the UK, though.
I have also seen a MAC advertisement for viva glam on the back of a mag before.
This puzzled me though as an MA (she's the manager of the store I go to) told me MAC don't pay for advertisement and such because they don't need too.

fintia

Just curious about this..

Ok so for my trip to the hospital I got Allure Magazine. It's been years since I bought this kind of magazine but since I am interested in make up I bought it.

I started browsing pages and looking at the models pictures and looking at the credits and I was surprised not see MAC on any model.

I saw Clinique, Elizabeth Arden, Cover girl and Loreal!!! The girls looked soo pretty. I know there is retouching involved but I found it curious that they were using a lot of drug store products that I've seen and heard so many bad reviews.

I know Clinique is good becasue I use it, Elizabeth Arden, I dunno... I've always have mixed feelings about the brand.. maybe is the packaging, I can not explain but it does not call my attention but I saw that a lot of the models wearing their make up. Even on the pages were the magazine was recommending some lip glosses.. NO MAC! I saw Nars, even Wet and Wild..

So I am not sure if maybe it is this magazine in particular that do not promotes MAC or what, but I found it interesting since in You Tube, here, and even in the counter you see soo many people at MAC comparing to the other counters.

I wonder if MAC is really famous in the industry?? Sorry but I do not want to heat up no one.. I've been using MAC for maybe 4 months and I've been under the impression that is an awesome famous brand.. I wonder if it is in the industry.. I do have to say that there was an add from the viva Glam with the purple Fergie but that was it.

iadoremac

Re: Just curious about this..

MAC is one of the most popular in the industry i think the reason why they were not in allure could be because they didnt give allure free makeup to use or they need to pay for the free ad, but i do see them in glamour,vogue etc

LMD84

i see mac in quite alot of the uk mags. heat, more and such weeklies promote certain products. also cosmopolitan and company magazine regularly have fashion shoots where the make up used is mac.
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

I think they use MAC and others like MUFE, etc. in the actual photoshoots, but they always list "Achieve this look by using..." and pimp the products of those that pay for advertising space.

I do see MAC in Allure occasionally, especially when it's one of those big color spreads where they show varying products of about the same shade.

erine1881

in the may issue on page 160 is mac's pro red glitter and on page 163 is pink swoon blush.

mac used to be mentioned a billion times in each issue, but that has decreased significantly lately.

Efionawade

It's because MAC doesn't advertise anything but out Viva Glam products! All those companies that you see credited pay to be mentioned! MAC doesn't! If you ever see a MAC product in a magazine, it's because the magazine wanted it there! We don't advertise anything except out charity products!

HustleRose

i always look for mac to be listed in magazines but it's so rare. i think mac is just so word of mouth they don't need to send free stuff to these magazines.

abbyquack

MAC is definitely one of the fore-runners in the industry, absolutely. Even Greg A one of MAC's senior artists does makeup for Dita VonTeese, Victoria Beckham and other celebs in hollywood for red carpet events. In my makeup class, the professional books list many products by mac as well. But usually, if they're listing brands like Clinique and Estee Lauder, those are usually more consumer friendly brands for women who just like to look pretty, but maybe not as creative and artistic like MAC, MUFE or Ben Nye. Hth!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efionawade
It's because MAC doesn't advertise anything but out Viva Glam products! All those companies that you see credited pay to be mentioned! MAC doesn't! If you ever see a MAC product in a magazine, it's because the magazine wanted it there! We don't advertise anything except out charity products!

^^^100% correct!