MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

LiliV

I can't remember what day Strength and Après Chic launched last year but I was making my Christmas cookies and checked my phone w my elbow bc my hands were covered in dough and it was up lol

lipstickaddict

I have Superb from one of the earlier releases, and it's very pretty, but for me, nothing terribly special. I prefer Definitely Defined when it comes to lighter EDSFs. On my skin, if I'm not careful, it's easy for Superb to look a bit too shimmery and really light. Don't get me wrong: Superb really can be lovely. I still have one, I just sold the backup. ;)

(Honestly, I probably don't need any new EDSFs because they last FOREVER, but dammit, they're so pretty I can't help myself.)

I've seen people saying Autoerotique is kinda similar to Flaming Chic, but FC is so pretty, I don't mind if that turns out to be the case, although AE seems a bit more tanned pink than FCs bright light pink to me.
From what I have heard, Autoerotique is the toned down version of Flaming Chic. I absolutely LOVE Flaming Chic--so much in fact, that I went crazy with backups! Needless to say, I am definitely getting Autoerotique. It looks absolutely gorgeous!

MsKb

is Fairly Precious EDSF a must have for an nc42/43? i'm def getting MA but i'm on the fence with FP. i'm not sure if this was asked before and I missed it but if so I do apologise if it seems like i'm asking repetitive questions

ChosenOne

I have a feeling it will go up the night of the 23 (technically the 24th). If my memory is correct, that was the case with last year's collection that was in-store on the 26th. Since I have so many family Christmas things going on, I just hope that I can sneak away to a computer and get my order in when it launches!
yes.gif
Your memory is correct!

DILLIGAF

I tried and I tried to avoid looking at this tread, anything on Instagram, or swatches. However I've failed miserably and instead I'm going to give in to the want! The good thing about it is my list is small.

Lipstick: Morning Rose
Blush: Autoerotique
EDSK: Magnetic Appeal

I hope.

Prettypackages

swatches of Silver dawn eyeshadow are on my blog (also superb, but we all know it!) Here's Urban decay Suspect compared to Silver Dawn!

Urban decay Suspect on the left, Silver Dawn on the right

*edit
uhh I may also post my simple look with Silver dawn eyeshadow on the lid and Commotion Huggable Lipcolour on the lips!

Prettypackages

From what I have heard, Autoerotique is the toned down version of Flaming Chic. I absolutely LOVE Flaming Chic--so much in fact, that I went crazy with backups! Needless to say, I am definitely getting Autoerotique. It looks absolutely gorgeous!
I'm getting b/c flaming chic is too much for me....

martiangurll

I tried and I tried to avoid looking at this tread, anything on Instagram, or swatches. However I've failed miserably and instead I'm going to give in to the want! The good thing about it is my list is small.  Lipstick: Morning Rose Blush: Autoerotique EDSK: Magnetic Appeal I hope.
Yay for giving in.

jennyap

Skipping SH is getting harder and harder lol. I'll most likely cave in and buy it. I know it's very simillar in colour to Superb but I dare not use EDSFs as e/s. .
I might do the opposite - get Sweet Heat to use on my face as well as eyes. Even in the small size, by the time I get through it Superb will probably be repromoted again!!

martiangurll

Okay I really have to narrow my list because of too many simultaneous collections. Skipping the EDSF because I think I have similar highlighters, I'd get Superb if I did not have it. Not backing it up. MA is close to Glorify which I have FP is close to Shell Pearl? I was going to skip the lip products but feel Sensual Sparks is a must. I skipped Cozy Up last year and regretted ever since plus I love amplified finish. I don't think I own any dupes. Also I think Steel Kiss belongs on my list; it's unique. Narrowing fluidlines to It's Physical only. I may double back for the others when my wallet recovers. Finally I think both Pleasure Model and Autoerotique ate a must. I love this formula, what can I say? EDES in Silver Dawn and Amorous Alloy may be purchaded later. They ate gorgeous but I think I can Dupe em

bobbiedoll03

Here is a link to help with stalking:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/whats_new/12006/New-Collections/index.tmpl

OOPS just saw this was already posted!! :)

bobbiedoll03

Thanks for everyone's advice. I am just going to stick to MA and PM.

I am on somewhat of a lip and e/s no-buy unless I deem them completely undupable!

deadSAVVY

Probably just going to get pleasure model during launch and head out to the stores to see the rest. I keep buying unnecessary things during holiday that I'm blowing through the $$ I set aside for these collections lol. I'll be joining the low buy thread real soon. It almost feels redonkulous :shock:

Icecaramellatte

Boy I'm having a hard time making a list.

Here's my Tentative List:

-Magnetic Appeal EDSF
-Fairly Precious EDSF
-Carnal Instincts l/s
-Hellbound l/g
-Amourous Alloy EDES
-Silver Dawn EDES

Still unsure of:
-all blushes especially At Dusk - I skipped it last go round and then wanted it but now I'm thinking I may skip it again
-Morning Rose l/s
-one of the nude lipsticks
-brownish l/g - blanking on name right now
-fluidlines - I like the look of all of them but I'm just now sure I would actually use them.

lipstickaddict

Silver dawn is a complex grey-taupe. Liba mentioned that it reminds her of Gazette Grey (one of my favorites!) and I can't help but think that it reminds me a bit of my all time favorite eyeshadow Smoke and Diamonds. Temptalia actually rates it in the original category, so I figure that it isn't easily dupe-able. It looks stunning and I plan on getting it, even though the size of it is small for the $$$. I am actually really excited for this color, along with It's Physical fluideline. These are totally my type of shades!

Erinaceina

What the must-have products from this collection for cool-toned, pale girls (NW13-ish)?

My current list is Fairly Precious, At Dusk, Autoerotique (definitely getting that), Close Contact, Sensual Sparks, A Natural Flirt, Silver Dawn, It's Physical, Our Secret. I also want two lipsticks from Punk Couture, so I can't get everything I want, and would really appreciate any help.
smiles.gif

bluelitzer

My list for this collection:

Carnal Instinct
Morning Rose (but if it sold out on me I won't feel bad)
Sweet Heat e/s
Silver Dawn e/s
Magnetic Appeal (also if it disappears on my cart/sold out quick, you won't see me crying)

I wanted the peach blush but I have 2 Shell Pearls from the YOTS collection, so that one's a skip.

Latest posts