MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

Whitneyallison

Unfortunately I think this will me my biggest in store purchase ever:
Morning Rose
Superb
Fairly Precious (maybe)
At Dusk
Sweet Heat
A Natural Flirt (maybe)

Could I really use sweet heat as a highlight and would get the same finish as superb??

I'm also looking at bareness blush from a past collection.. How does that compare? Do I need it?

Somebody help me
sigh.gif

ladyarwen

Crap, I'm gonna have to nix one of the blushes. I need to keep my purchase b/w this and PC under $100. Ugh...Guess Pleasure Model is out.

MakeupForMommy

Crap, I'm gonna have to nix one of the blushes. I need to keep my purchase b/w this and PC under $100. Ugh...Guess Pleasure Model is out.
I keep going over my list and im having a hard time picking what to skip. If I get everything on my list I would be dishing out $200! Im hoping it will be easier to make a decision after swatching. I really hate that there are multiple collections releasing on the same day

erine1881

Unfortunately I think this will me my biggest in store purchase ever: Morning Rose Superb Fairly Precious (maybe) At Dusk Sweet Heat A Natural Flirt (maybe) Could I really use sweet heat as a highlight and would get the same finish as superb?? I'm also looking at bareness blush from a past collection.. How does that compare? Do I need it?  Somebody help me :sigh:
I personally like Bareness more than At Dusk. Bareness is more along the lines of Blushbaby, TPC, P&P, Prism...those types of colours. If you like a more neutral blush, I'd go with Bareness. If you prefer something more pinky, go with At Dusk. But that's just if you're trying to decide between the two (i dunno if you are or not :dunno: )

Whitneyallison

I personally like Bareness more than At Dusk. Bareness is more along the lines of Blushbaby, TPC, P&P, Prism...those types of colours. If you like a more neutral blush, I'd go with Bareness. If you prefer something more pinky, go with At Dusk. But that's just if you're trying to decide between the two (i dunno if you are or not :dunno: )
Well at dusk is a definite and I think I'll get bareness too. I'm really enquiring how bareness compares to the EDSF and about superb vs sweet heat... Despite the size issue

erine1881

Well at dusk is a definite and I think I'll get bareness too. I'm really enquiring how bareness compares to the EDSF and about superb vs sweet heat... Despite the size issue
Aaahhhh well the blushes really have no shimmer (at least the older ones didn't), they're more of a glow from within, so there's no comparison at all! You can't substitute one for the other.

KrystalAnne

I think I knocked off close contact from my list. I don't think it's necessary for me to buy. Sensual sparks is kinda interesting me though. I need to see more full face photos with no filters. If I can just get the 2 skinfinishes I want and it's physical I think I'll be set this time around. Then maybe I can get some pretty perm pigments.

BuickMackane

I'm NC15 (although on the darker and warmer end of NC15 now, with my freckles and age spots) and I looooooooved MA on me. I took a huge brush and SLATHERED it all over my face like  bronzer and even that looked good, lol. I always liked Glorify, but this one is superior for me. It's also not as orange leaning as the EDSFs from last year. It's definitely now in my top 3 most flattering EDSFs for my personal tastes.
That's gonna be a close one. Based on swatches so far, it may be a bit ashy, and the colour may barely show. If you have the chance, I'd swatch this one first. It's not a definite one to call "no" like Superb is. I dunno know about the shadow, but as for the EDSF, i say a big no! :nope:
Thanks ladies! :bouquet: I'm on the neutral (ashy would be a more accurate description lol) side of NW. The only bronzer I managed to make work for me so far is Sundipped, so I'd best stay away from MA. It's too expensive a product to take a gamble on. Now that MA is safely off my list, I can reconsider Autoerotique! I haven't tried the ED blush formula and I'm very curious.
Totally off subject but are u the same person in purse forum and YouTube? Just wondering bc I recognize the signature TIA:)
Nope :) I sometimes use TIA as an abbreviation for "thanks in advance".

bobbiedoll03

I am so confused and will have to buy this collection online without seeing the products....my nc45-nc50 skintone is so finicky at times. What are people getting or suggesting for darker brown girls? Sorry if this has been answered, I try to scroll before I ask repetitive questions!

martiangurll

2 questions: - Is Sweet Heat close to Tan piggie? If it is, I might as well spend a bit more and get the piggie instead. - Magnetic Appeal on NC10-15 skin - yum or yuck? TIA :)
Buick I wish I could tell you to skip Sweet heat but I can't its nothing like tan piggie. I wish I had it in the bigger pan but at least I got it. It could be remorse if you skip. Mag appeal I think won't look right on us but I thought the same about Glorify and it does work on my NC17ish skin. I think we'll have to swatch irl to know for sure.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
ED stuff are my pokemon... I feel like I have to collect them all.
sigh.gif
I already have Superb, At Dusk, A Natural Flirt, Sweet Heat, and both brushes... so my final list includes:

Fairly Precious
Magnetic Appeal
Autoerotique
Pleasure Model
Amourous Alloy
Platinum Love
Silver Dawn

I think I'll skip the fluidlines, lipsticks, and glosses this time.
angelic.gif
I was going to get Morning Rose, but I think I already have similar colors in my stash (without the frosty sheen), and my list is long enough.

SRenee12

I am so confused and will have to buy this collection online without seeing the products....my nc45-nc50 skintone is so finicky at times. What are people getting or suggesting for darker brown girls? Sorry if this has been answered, I try to scroll before I ask repetitive questions!
I'm also NC50 and on my list I have magnetic appeal skinfinish. I really want superb but i think I will have to swatch since it's lighter. Pleasure model blush & steel kiss lipglass. Sweet heat is a maybe!!

Rinstar

I definitely want Autoerotique and Silver Dawn. I am in the fence about Fairly Precious. I thought I needed it, but now I'm not convinced!