MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

KrystalAnne

I think you either of the lighter blushes would look amazing on you! Are they absolute musts? No. I don't even remember the last time i wore At Dusk (but then again i have tons of blushes). I prefer the regular blush formula over the ED formula any day of the week. The colours are pretty, but they aren't one of a kind. Aside from the finish, you can easily dupe the colour.
I have At Dusk already, but if I didn't I would have probably caved and got that one because it is very pretty and easy to wear.

Thank you! Will be skipping them!

Ayanna

Noooo stop making me want this lippie! I'm *supposed* to be skipping the lip products in this collection.
b1a2a1d4_image.jpeg

Serenityy

Okay so I did some homework and I decided on Magnetic appeal and fairly precious for the skin finishes. I made the horrible mistake of looking st the gloss......so I want lol, steel kiss, oh my darling and hell bound. I'm a nw47 so from what I've read superb may be too light for me. Not really sure
Today I went in to check out the collection in person with a friend who is around the same skin tone as you. The MAC artist who showed us the collection strongly recommended for my friend to stick to Magnetic Appeal because it will be BEAUTIFUL on your tone, she said Superb will be ashy and Fairly Precious won't do much. I wish we were able to swatch the products but there were no testers but I'm going by the artist's recommendations. I hope this helps!
smiles.gif

Amby79

Today I went in to check out the collection in person with a friend who is around the same skin tone as you. The MAC artist who showed us the collection strongly recommended for my friend to stick to Magnetic Appeal because it will be BEAUTIFUL on your tone, she said Superb will be ashy and Fairly Precious won't do much. I wish we were able to swatch the products but there were no testers but I'm going by the artist's recommendations. I hope this helps! :)  
Thank you ! It does, I kind of knew superb was a no for me. Definitely going to get magnetic appeal and maybe I will get to swatch fairly precious. I'm stubborn lol I know. Nordies will see this face on release day lol

Lisianthus

Swatches of Morning Rose, Close Contact, Fairly Precious, and Autoerotique from the Beauty Alchemist. She doesn't say what her MAC shade is but I'm loving the way the EDSF and blush look in her swatches.

http://www.beautyalchemist.com/2013/12/mac-magnetic-nude-lipsticks-morning.html

http://www.beautyalchemist.com/2013/12/mac-magnetic-nude-extra-dimension.html

From Musings of a Muse, here are reviews of Morning Rose and Hellbound lipglass. Anyone else not keen on the name "Hellbound"?

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/12/mac-morning-rose-lipstick-review-swatches.html

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/12/mac-hell-bound-lipglass-review-swatches.html

LiliV

I'm really double thinking Morning Rose. I keep going back and forth on it, I'm not into the frost look it has even if it's very subtle, the pics of it I've seen so far just aren't exciting me. My only 2 definites right now are Autoerotique and A Natural Flirt. I've been thinking about Silver Dawn too though!

bluelitzer

For those who have both Sweet Heat and All That Glitters, do you think they are similar enough for one to skip Sweet heat?

Audrey C

For those who have both Sweet Heat and All That Glitters, do you think they are similar enough for one to skip Sweet heat?
I don't find them similar at all; All That Glitters is much lighter. The finish is also quite different. I use ATG all the time (about to hit pan), but I apply SH as a sheer wash in the summer with a duo fibre brush. It's not nearly as office friendly. I bought the original Sweet Heat. While I think it's ok (could take it or leave it, really) I think it's ridiculously overpriced for the size it is now so I would skip.

ARmakeupjunkie

I don't have either but I have played with both and I can say, Sweet Heat is much prettier and better than ATG! On my skin, NW45/NC50, they do not look anything alike. I was looking at both last night and I will be getting Sweet Heat!

vamua703

ugh, i'm trying to finalize my list and this is so hard. the skin finishes are beautiful. I know I want magnetic appeal but cant decide between superb and fairly precious.

VioletPearl

What would look better on my NC/NW 10 skin tone?
Superb or Fairly Precious?
What do you think Erine?

My list went down to:

Superb or Fairly Precious EDSF
It's Phisical fluidline (it depends on how it swatches)
Sweet Heat EDES
Close Contact lipstick
Oh my darling lipglass (maybe...)

erine1881

What would look better on my NC/NW 10 skin tone? Superb or Fairly Precious? What do you think Erine? My list went down to: Superb or Fairly Precious EDSF It's Phisical fluidline (it depends on how it swatches) Sweet Heat EDES Close Contact lipstick Oh my darling lipglass (maybe...)
FP will have more colour than Superb.

VioletPearl

FP will have more colour than Superb.
Thank you!
bouquet.gif

I really like peachy colours on my skin but I'm afraid that FP will look too orange...
I think I'll stick with Superb then.
But I will swatch them for sure and maybe I will change my mind completely. Lol.

erine1881

Thank you! :bouquet: I really like peachy colours on my skin but I'm afraid that FP will look too orange... I think I'll stick with Superb then. But I will swatch them for sure and maybe I will change my mind completely. Lol.
It'd definitely be pretty over a blush, which is what i plan in using it for! I don't think it'll pull too orange at all tho. Just beautiful peachy goodness!