MAC Magnetic Nude Collection (December 26, 2013)

vamua703

1 of each for me lol. totally kidding.

My list:

-autoerotique
-pleasure model
-magnetic appeal
-fairly precious (for some reason I'm drawn to this more than I am superb)
-sensual sparks
-morning rose

Deneb

Definitely. Eclair had that red base to it, which OS has. If you have Eclair already, save yourself some money!
Thank you
bouquet.gif

Ana A

I hate Mac for releasing this in December :( For now I'll only be getting a couple blushes, Superb, and Fairly Precious then I'll go home and pray that people are too broke to buy everything in hopes that I can still find Magnetic appeal in two weeks.

purplerinne

Has anyone been able to preorder this? My MA thought she could and I even bought a giftcard for it...and was told that I had to come in on launch day...WTFFFFFFF

liba

Oh and I confess: I preordered close contact too. I know. I'm ashamed and totally slapping myself. But I fell for it the first time I saw it a few weeks ago, and it's still lovely to me. Now I'm really done.
I totally agree about the EDSFs really accentuating the blushes - they work amazingly well together, especially for pulling Autoerotique a little out of the dumps for me (you and I had the same experience with that one). Don't feel dumb about Close Contact. It's a really nice nude! Sensual Sparks is great too. I'm passing on them both, just because I have plenty of my beloved Cozy Up, plus EE and Posh Tone and I'm probably going to get Touche Huggable, which is like a more subtle, sheerer Close Contact, with a little pinker undertone.

bluelitzer

I don't have either but I have played with both and I can say, Sweet Heat is much prettier and better than ATG! On my skin, NW45/NC50, they do not look anything alike. I was looking at both last night and I will be getting Sweet Heat!
Thanks!
heart.gif
Decisions, decisions...

BuickMackane

2 questions: - Is Sweet Heat close to Tan piggie? If it is, I might as well spend a bit more and get the piggie instead. - Magnetic Appeal on NC10-15 skin - yum or yuck? TIA :)

liba

I'm NC15 (although on the darker and warmer end of NC15 now, with my freckles and age spots) and I looooooooved MA on me. I took a huge brush and SLATHERED it all over my face like bronzer and even that looked good, lol. I always liked Glorify, but this one is superior for me. It's also not as orange leaning as the EDSFs from last year. It's definitely now in my top 3 most flattering EDSFs for my personal tastes.

Odelia

I think I will go for Magnetic Appeal this time. I feel like I have enough peachy highlighters so I am willing to risk a more golden shade, FP is a shade I am drawn to over and over. I need something new! MA might be the ticket :)
This collection has me doubting my decisions soooo much lol.

I am an eye shadow addict at the end of the day so I keep reconsidering my e/s choices. Silver Dawn is a for sure. I want Sweet Heat but I hate that it was released previously in larger size. Grrr....MAC, make one size and stick with it, dammit!

erine1881

Erine, would Fairly Precious be suitable for my skin tone beside Magnetic Appeal (NW45).
That's gonna be a close one. Based on swatches so far, it may be a bit ashy, and the colour may barely show. If you have the chance, I'd swatch this one first. It's not a definite one to call "no" like Superb is.
2 questions: - Is Sweet Heat close to Tan piggie? If it is, I might as well spend a bit more and get the piggie instead. - Magnetic Appeal on NC10-15 skin - yum or yuck? TIA :)
I dunno know about the shadow, but as for the EDSF, i say a big no! :nope:

lilinah

First, Hellbound was on my list, then i took it off. Now it is REALLY off, after seen Temptalia's swatches. Restless was disappointment - it was such a deep and bright orange on me, when it was supposed to be bronze. And Hellbound is like it only RED. It just won't work for me.

I'm definitely getting Steel Kiss.

Now i'm thinking of either A Quiet Roar or Oh My Darling - i'm leaning toward OMD.

Every time Liba talks about Morning Kiss i put it on my list, then i see photos and i'm not convinced, they look so bright. I definitely need to see it in person on me.
And i think i may want to test Close Contact, since it isn't looking intensely peach in the swatches i've seen, but if it's a peach nude, it's a no go.

Otherwise, my list stays pretty much the same since my last post (yesterday?)

mommyluvsmac

Totally off subject but are u the same person in purse forum and YouTube? Just wondering bc I recognize the signature TIA:)

Latest posts