MAC Mariah Carey (Dec 3, 2015)

lilinah

I was a kid in the 90s, only just turned 30 this year. So I'm just gonna rock the 90s look for a bit... But that'll be in the new year, no Mariah for us Brits this Christmas.

I've lost the will to live last week, when I was trying to post some pics on the Dark Desires thread. Must've took me around 30mins, the pic uploader next to the speech bubble wasn't working. And I don't even know if anyone had issues trying to open those pics.

Dita... She'll have to wait, IF I do decide to order. Otherwise, I'm not missing much. It's just another red to me, and it's not screaming 'Marsha, please buy me. I love you...' The sales assistants at Tom Ford will be happy to see my cash, tomorrow afternoon.

I sure do miss the "like" "helpful" -whatever it was- button from the old site ;-)

montREALady

It's night so this is the best I can do for today. It's definitely more frosty than VGRR1, 2 and La Di Bra. It's not a smooth frost like those are. If it were it would be better because I like the color itself. If you have cracks in your lips it will be magnified. I suppose that's the case with any pale color because it happens with CdN on me. I applied, smoothed with my finger then applied again. I can see it being a "powdered donut" vibe too. I didn't use liner.
20151210_182533_wm.jpg

I'm going to try again tomorrow in the daylight.

Edit: Oh and there are micro glitter in it. I guess it wouldn't be a Mariah lipstick without that! Like you wipe it off and some is left behind glitter. I saw a woc girl on IG use Cork liner with it and it looked good. I realize the pic doesn't show the "champagneness", tbh it didn't in person in my lighting either. Check my IG to see the pic bigger...I also listed what bases and glosses I want to try with it.

Last edited:

SassyWonder

Just got this, tried it on and put it back in the box to return. It's a Nope for me. I have Playland and love partnering it with other colors. This is can't.

NaomiH

It's night so this is the best I can do for today. It's definitely more frosty than VGRR1, 2 and La Di Bra. It's not a smooth frost like those are. If it were it would be better because I like the color itself. If you have cracks in your lips it will be magnified. I suppose that's the case with any pale color because it happens with CdN on me. I applied, smoothed with my finger then applied again. I can see it being a "powdered donut" vibe too. I didn't use liner.
View attachment 50561

I'm going to try again tomorrow in the daylight.

Edit: Oh and there are micro glitter in it. I guess it wouldn't be a Mariah lipstick without that! Like you wipe it off and some is left behind glitter. I saw a woc girl on IG use Cork liner with it and it looked good. I realize the pic doesn't show the "champagneness", tbh it didn't in person in my lighting either. Check my IG to see the pic bigger...I also listed what bases and glosses I want to try with it.

Can't wait to see you pair it with Cork! I tried it over Nightmoth and was kind of meh about it.

montREALady

I'm still real torn on how I feel about this one.
Same.

Can't wait to see you pair it with Cork! I tried it over Nightmoth and was kind of meh about it.
I don't have Cork! :( But I have NYX dupes I'm sure. Today I wore it with Boldly Bare then NYX Nude Beige liners. Looked better with the NYX. I even topped it with Girl On Board Lipglass, that looked good. I think a clear gloss will make it work. I just wish it were a smooth frost and not so glittery. I had little glitters over my lip earlier after drinking tea. I'm going to top it over VGRR2 tomorrow... I think those with fuller lips can use it as a center color over a dark color like Instigator...or even black. I do like the color, just not the formula. I have a Wet n Wild gold Frost shade with the same issue.
Did you just line with Nightmoth?

res_1449843198024_wm.jpg

8dac6185-0cac-4793-8742-535722c1428e_wm.jpg

Sweetyellow

I'm still real torn on how I feel about this one.

I didn't even bother with this lipstick because 1.) i knew it had glitter in it and 2.) this color is only flattering on so little people and even then the formula would make it extremely unforgiving.

I'm glad I passed to be completely honest.

montREALady

I didn't even bother with this lipstick because 1.) i knew it had glitter in it and 2.) this color is only flattering on so little people and even then the formula would make it extremely unforgiving.

I'm glad I passed to be completely honest.

Love how it looks on though! Hahaha! But I feel you, it's not for everyone at all. I don't plan to wear it much for the glitter to bother me. I don't wear many other lipstick finishes other than matte/satin on a daily basis. Even glosses I only wear occasionally.

NaomiH

Same.

I don't have Cork! :( But I have NYX dupes I'm sure. Today I wore it with Boldly Bare then NYX Nude Beige liners. Looked better with the NYX. I even topped it with Girl On Board Lipglass, that looked good. I think a clear gloss will make it work. I just wish it were a smooth frost and not so glittery. I had little glitters over my lip earlier after drinking tea. I'm going to top it over VGRR2 tomorrow... I think those with fuller lips can use it as a center color over a dark color like Instigator...or even black. I do like the color, just not the formula. I have a Wet n Wild gold Frost shade with the same issue.

View attachment 50571

View attachment 50572

I filled in my lips and put AIW on top. I think it's the formula for me as well, I knew I should of followed my instinct and skipped because it's a frost,but my Mariah nostalgia got the best of me. Lol

montREALady

Tried it over VGRR2 lipstick. Got a couple compliments at an outing I went to.

res_1449969287103_wm.jpg
Don't mind the background and my weird expression.

smileyt06

Same.

View attachment 50571

View attachment 50572

Ok ok yeah def has to have a liner like cork to rock it. It does look so similar to tanama or gel or even the one from the Cinderella collection. This my friend is a skip this time for me.

montREALady

Oh snaps you posted I missed it. Still getting use to the new site. Let me check it out.
I meant on IG, but yeah I see you found a post below, lolll.

Ok ok yeah def has to have a liner like cork to rock it. It does look so similar to tanama or gel or even the one from the Cinderella collection. This my friend is a skip this time for me.
Yeah I did some swatches comparing it to Cinderella's FAAB on IG. Can't remember if I put it here or not. I like it over VGRR2, that may be my look for it.

Latest posts