MAC Mariah Carey (Dec 3, 2015)

NaomiH

Please do! If I had the extra cash to waste I would have placed another order with the 2-day code that same day. I'm anxious to see it against my skintone!

I'm hoping I get it while there's still daylight, if not I'll swatch it tomorrow as soon as I get off work at 1pm so I have natural light!

NaomiH

Maybe it's because I don't have on makeup and my hair isn't done,but this lipstick is pretty ghastly on me. Damn you nostalgia!
20151208_163329.jpg
20151208_163916.jpg

NC44 for reference and please don't mind my makeuplessness,been on a cleaning spree today. Lol

Myth

Maybe it's because I don't have on makeup and my hair isn't done,but this lipstick is pretty ghastly on me. Damn you nostalgia!
View attachment 50529
View attachment 50530

NC44 for reference and please don't mind my makeuplessness,been on a cleaning spree today. Lol
Girl don't hesitate to call MAC and have them email you a free return label. That's what I did back when Oxblood came out, it just wasn't for me--back it went lol! Remember there's that mocha cremesheen from Fairie Whispers and Ariana Grande coming up, get something you really like!

montREALady

View attachment 50529
View attachment 50530

I think you need some makeup,eye liner and blush. It's blending in with your skin tone and not popping on your gorg lips! At least that's what it looks like, I can't see the pic bigger for whatever reason. I did not think this was a color any of us could just slap on! I'm trying to think of what liner other than Chestnut (hellooo me in the 90's!) you could use.

NaomiH

Girl don't hesitate to call MAC and have them email you a free return label. That's what I did back when Oxblood came out, it just wasn't for me--back it went lol! Remember there's that mocha cremesheen from Fairie Whispers and Ariana Grande coming up, get something you really like!
Oh I won't, believe me! I'm going to give it a try again with actual makeup on and see if I like it better that way. If not, I'll either return it, see if a friend or my sister want it or toss it in the cb.

montREALady

Oh I won't, believe me! I'm going to give it a try again with actual makeup on and see if I like it better that way. If not, I'll either return it, see if a friend or my sister want it or toss it in the cb.

Yeah you're pretty much Mariah's complexion! It has to work on you! It will make a good center color on a darker shade. Use it as a highlighter! Bwahahaaa! :eek:

beauteblogueur

I'm sure this was discussed already but how come the last 3 collections are not sold out? usually lipsticks are gone the same day but they're all still available. Weird! I guess MAC finally listened and increased their inventory?

No special packaging + dupable shades? It will be interesting to see how fast Dita sells out.

I'm sure if they'd put this lippie in Christmas themed packaging or butterfly packaging it would have sold out fast.

Marsha Pomells

View attachment 50529
View attachment 50530

Struggling with the lack of ability to open photos without getting a warning. Like what the other ladies say, try it with a bit of eye liner and a tiny bit of bronzer.

I think you need some makeup,eye liner and blush. It's blending in with your skin tone and not popping on your gorg lips! At least that's what it looks like, I can't see the pic bigger for whatever reason. I did not think this was a color any of us could just slap on! I'm trying to think of what liner other than Chestnut (hellooo me in the 90's!) you could use.

Agreed, AIW is pretty much a concealer/highlighter shade, when us brown skin beauts haven't put on any makeup. I'm now starting to sway on the :marchmellow: side in regards to this lipstick... Or a nicer looking shade from TF.

Yeah you're pretty much Mariah's complexion! It has to work on you! It will make a good center color on a darker shade. Use it as a highlighter! Bwahahaaa! :eek:

It would've make a wicked highlighter. That would cheaper than the prices for a highlighter.

No special packaging + dupable shades? It will be interesting to see how fast Dita sells out.

I'm sure if they'd put this lippie in Christmas themed packaging or butterfly packaging it would have sold out fast.

Right... Because Mariah's Signature is not on the tube, or lipstick (like Rihanna), these lipsticks are just sitting there in limbo.

NaomiH

A highlighter! Brilliant! I'm determined to make it look better on me. It is pretty,but very frosty.

hitchcockblonde

View attachment 50529
View attachment 50530

I'm with everyone else, it looks nice on you now but I think you'll like it better with makeup on. Do you have Nightmoth? I think it would be pretty over that.

montREALady

Struggling with the lack of ability to open photos without getting a warning. Like what the other ladies say, try it with a bit of eye liner and a tiny bit of bronzer.

Agreed, AIW is pretty much a concealer/highlighter shade, when us brown skin beauts haven't put on any makeup. I'm now starting to sway on the :marchmellow: side in regards to this lipstick... Or a nicer looking shade from TF.

It would've make a wicked highlighter. That would cheaper than the prices for a highlighter.

Right... Because Mariah's Signature is not on the tube, or lipstick (like Rihanna), these lipsticks are just sitting there in limbo.
Also I think ppl are afraid of the color and a lot are not on the Frost train. I get mine tomorrow. I can't wait! I can't handle that we can't look at a pic properly! Ugh!

A highlighter! Brilliant! I'm determined to make it look better on me. It is pretty,but very frosty.
It can work as a brow highlight too. Yeah it looks more frosty than VGRR2 lippie...

I'm with everyone else, it looks nice on you now but I think you'll like it better with makeup on. Do you have Nightmoth? I think it would be pretty over that.
I literally just ordered Nightmoth last week in the special packaging. I get it today or tomorrow...

Anyone get Dita? Love the packaging but I can't handle another red. I'm sure Naomi got it!

Last edited:

montREALady

These are the extent of my MAC frosts and the last one is from the 90's I think...or definitely early 2000's!
228cd8a4-426a-4c19-96e0-d5d8fa2c2c7d_wm.jpg

Marsha Pomells

Also I think ppl are afraid of the color and a lot are not on the Frost train. I get mine tomorrow. I can't wait! I can't handle that we can't look at a pic properly! Ugh!

It can work as a brow highlight too. Yeah it looks more frosty than VGRR2 lippie...

I literally just ordered Nightmoth last week in the special packaging. I get it today or tomorrow...

Anyone get Dita? Love the packaging but I can't handle another red. I'm sure Naomi got it!

I love frosts, but I'm not afraid of colours like that. Naomi is one shade below me on MAC's foundation spectrum (she's NC44, I'm NC45). I think it could work with what Hitchcock recommended, Nightmoth or Vino. It might even look Killer with Fashion Boost or More to Love.

In regards to Dita now... If I do buy it, as stated on the UK thread I would only buy it because of Dita's signature in the tube. Hell, I'll most probably order it tomorrow if I got funds and it's not sold out.

Last edited:

Latest posts