MAC - Matte2 and Mattene Discussion

lah_knee

just so you all know there will be 16 new matte eyeshadows being released and will be permanent! its not the same as the matte texture we have now. its a new matte formula that is wayyyyy more softer and buttery. and it has longer staying power. the colors are all awesome!

blanc type: creamy beige
tete-a-tint: caramel brown
brown script: warm chestnut brown
handwritten: rich chocolate brown
poison pen: deep midtone purple with grey
prussian: deep sea blue
copperplate: muted midtone grey
graphology: dark black grey with a hint of purple
signed, sealed: black maroon
typographic: asphalt black
post haste: bright berry pink
pen `n' pink: pastel pale pink
newly minted: rich sea green
flourishing: rich moss green
fig 1: eggplant purple
clarity: rich aqua

also there will be LE lipsticks called mattene. they will be in slimshine size tubes and will be MATTE lipsticks in BEAUTIFUL colors. also the lashes look really cool. the new packaging is nice. and the 3d glass is surprisingly nice. think palatial but in cooler colors
winks.gif
duo chrome gloss. the lipglass pens are like glossy lipliners. kinda cool i guess?

and i heard that the OTHER new pro stuff coming out is new reflects, lip erasers (nude out the lips) and sculpting powders or something?

the other stuff coming out is whatever... i dont care for rushmetal or flashtronic. the mineralize skinfinishes are nice but eh... mcqueen is awesome. cant wait for that. blue storm was whatever. it all kinda looked like something we already have. and smoke signals was ok. the lip stuff was gorgeous and the maroon pigment coming out with it is MATTE YAY!!!!!!!

lah_knee

Re: matte2 and mattene

haha i was too lazy to type them all out with the descriptions. theres 16 of those too :\ haha lots of pinks and tans mostly but there is an orange, red, dark brown, too. i didnt get to see them in person, just pictures.

lian_qiu

It's good news for my wallet, coz they are permanent. I can just get a few colors at a time.
cheerleader.gif

zori

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyqt
newly minted sounds like looove!

That one caught my interest as well. It is about time they introduced more matte e/s
clap.gif

AudreyNicole

Yay, they sounds awesome!!! Smoke Signal pigment is MATTE? Crossing that one off the list, I guess
ssad.gif
Oh well, more money for McQueen!
smiles.gif

Winthrop44

Well...I'll have to see about these. Alot of the e/s sound darker than what I was hoping for, but there are some that sound promising. I will probably be most interested in checking out blanc type, tete-a-tint and copperplate among the lighter sounding ones, and graphology, signed, sealed and fig 1 among the darks. I think I may end up being more excited about the lippies. Thanks for the info!

lsperry

Thanks so much for this info lah knee…..

I am so excited for:
signed, sealed: black maroon – WOW! WOW! WOW!!

These will be my first purchases…..

Is the release date still in October?

gabi1129

thanks a bunch! im so excited now. i love waking up to new MAC news! and all these eyeshadows sounds great!

Ms. Z

Thanks for the information. :hifive: I'm happy they are Perm, so many of those sound & look interesting (I saw a few of them last month).

Do you know if “blanc type” is similar to any beige they currently have (eg. Kid or Malt)?

I love Matte l/s, I’m tired of all that Frost; I hope they have some nice colors.

macedout

what is release date & will these matte shadows be available at all mac counterstores, or just pro shops?

Rushch6

I'm glad that these will be permanent. Can't wait to see swatches of the below.
cheerleader.gif

tete-a-tint: caramel brown
copperplate: muted midtone grey
graphology: dark black grey with a hint of purple
post haste: bright berry pink
pen `n' pink: pastel pale pink

juicyaddict

i can't wait to see swatches of these

also i'm excited for the maroon pigment, i love matte pigments!