MAC - Matte2 and Mattene Discussion

Beauty Marked!

Re: matte2 and mattene

metalkitty:

Sadly, I can't say they are 100% not chalky, but they sort of lean that way.
oh.gif
I have had a play with all the colours and they were mainly like velvets, but a few were a little bit more work than I was hoping for. The good news is, that the colour pay off is really great. So if you don't mind working for it...you'll be pleased.
smiles.gif

Sophia84

I hope the e/s will be very pigmented!! I can't wait to see the eggplant purple and the rich chocolate brown ones!

metalkitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Marked!
metalkitty:

Sadly, I can't say they are 100% not chalky, but they sort of lean that way.
oh.gif
I have had a play with all the colours and they were mainly like velvets, but a few were a little bit more work than I was hoping for. The good news is, that the colour pay off is really great. So if you don't mind working for it...you'll be pleased.
smiles.gif

Thanks for the info! I know I'm going to try them out regardless and if they're similar to velvets, I'll probably be able to work with most of them. It's good that this collection is coming out right around when I'm realizing the majority of my makeup is shimmery.

peanut

Great info! Thank you so much! I'm definitely looking forward to some mattes. Can't wait for these!!

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Lah_knee, do you know if these will be available in pot for and pan form right away? Or do we have to wait a bit for pan form?

My MA told me they'll be out in both forms!

Randy Rose

Forgive me if someone has already posted this, but I couldn't find the release date in this thread or the sticky.

According to my MA, the Matte2 and Mattene collections will be launched September 27th.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
these shadows are all perm YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

i love em all!

WOOHOOO! I want most of them, so that is fabulous news for my wallet!
smiles.gif

MACHOMULA

I saw swatches of these and they are incredible. It will be hard for me to just pick a few. Newly Minted is a very similar color to Minted eyeliner. Its really pretty. Post Haste and Pen n Pink were also standouts. They really seem to have good color payoff. Anyway..I can't wait!!!

Winthrop44

Has anyone seen the colors of the lipsticks yet, or even just the descriptions of the colors?

miss_emc

Colours for Mattene lipsticks are as follows:

Poise - Yellow Pink
Composure - Neutral bronze plum
Flattering - Beige Pink
Cafe Matte - Rich Caramel
Orange Dare - Bright Yellow Orange
Seriously Rich - Bright Pink Red
Immodest - Bright Magenta
Night Violet - Deep Purple Grape
40's Pink - Neutral Midtone Pink
All Grown Up - Deep Chocolate Brown
Tango - Coral
You Say Tomato - Tomato Red
Classic Dame - Blood Red
Rapturous - Deep Red Berry
Powersuit - Vibrant Yellow Pink
Rougette - Wine Berry

The texutre of these new matte lipsticks are a lot smoother and creamier than the original matte lipsticks, they are also less drying. So far, these will all be limited edition.

jennzy

ahhh!!!
are these all shadows?
man i can't wait because some of the shades sound adorable!!! but wait... matte2 does this mean that all the shadows are going to be in matte/satin finish? because i hate those finishes booo!!!

AsGlitterFalls

I'm way excited about these. A lot of them are the darker colors I love to wear! I s'pose i can say goodbye to my paychecks in september!

sleepyhead

i appologize if someone already asked. does anyone know if the eyeshadows are going to be permanent?

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i appologize if someone already asked. does anyone know if the eyeshadows are going to be permanent?

Fortunately, yes. It means more money for LE stuff
cheerleader.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
Fortunately, yes. It means more money for LE stuff
cheerleader.gif

yeah, that means i can buy them in pans
cheerleader.gif
saves money and the effort to depot
clap.gif