MAC - Metal Urge Collection Discussion

darkbeauty27

Has anyone heard about the Brushed Metal X shadows ever being re-released? I think that they work very well as stay-put metallic eyeliners. I don't use them alone though as eyeshadows since they crease. However, as eyeliners they are fantastic! I am actually passing up getting the Greasepaint in B from DSquared because I own Metalblu from the Metal X collection. It would be cool if MAC were to come out with new shades of the Brushed Metal X shadows - for example, a turquoise, a purple, a yellow, and/or a lime green. Wouldn't those be cool for summer/spring? Metallic brights....oooo!

I know some people are having trouble applying these shadows with a brush, but the brushes that seem to work best for these tend to be stiffer brushes since they are able to pick up and hold the cream consistency better.

erine1881

I honestly don't think these will be making a reappearance. I don't know why mac released em the second time, but I think they've learned their lesson.

GlamQueen21

^Yeah and I rarely use Pink Platinum Metal-X shadow and I regret not getting Metal Blu, Gold Spice, Forged Rose and Gilded Ash.

Zantedge

Aw, I really like the Metal-X shadows
ssad.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^Yeah and I rarely use Pink Platinum Metal-X shadow and I regret not getting Metal Blu, Gold Spice, Forged Rose and Gilded Ash.

Ugh....I know. I feel like the biggest ass ever! I bought Pink Platinum instead of Metalblu. I stood there for like 10 minutes deciding and made the wrong choice. I need to start using Pink Platinum more. I just don't know what for. Hopefully I can buy it from the CCO or someone here but I want the 2nd release from Metal Urge.

clslvr6spd

I only have 3, Goldspice, Gilded Ash & Pink Platinum. I did regret not getting Metalblu as well, but now that B GPS is out I know I have a better blue base & I am content.
I personally don't think they are complete crap. I use my Goldspice a lot, after 8 hrs I will see minimal creasing.
I would love to see these colors ing GPS or PP.

HOTasFCUK

I have Forged Rose, Material Gold, and i just got Pink Platinum and Gilded Ash a few weeks ago after lusting it for so long. My mom uses Material Gold & Goldspice. I love Gilded Ash but they appear "chunky" on me after awhile. They do go on much smoother and better when using your fingers like someone else mentioned! Too bad they will not be coming out with new shades this winter
ssad.gif

barbie.doll

I just bought Metalblu from my local CCO store and I'm SO in love with the color but it is such a pain for me to work with! It does not apply well at all. I just now took it out of it's box to swatch it, and in order to get a decent color payoff I had to rub my finger in like crazy. On my hand, I feel like I layered it on so much yet it still looks kind of sheer.
angry.gif
I'm so sad.

P.S. If I do dare wear this, the only base I have is the Base Light paint. :/ Would that work okay?

I think I may have to return this...

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Ugh....I know. I feel like the biggest ass ever! I bought Pink Platinum instead of Metalblu. I stood there for like 10 minutes deciding and made the wrong choice. I need to start using Pink Platinum more. I just don't know what for. Hopefully I can buy it from the CCO or someone here but I want the 2nd release from Metal Urge.

Yeah, me too. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get Gold Mode pigment and Spirtualize pigment.
cry.gif

HOTasFCUK

^Gold Mode is a must have! Its the perfect colour, not too yellow gold but more of a pale shimmer, works great with sooo many other colours, and is a great base! Get it! One of my go-to pigments!