MAC Middle Eastern Lipsticks Shade Extension Discussion (Fall 2012)

OhSoJaded

I wish I knew. I've talked to MAC chat several times, and they were less than helpful. They told me that only certain stores carried it but they weren't sure which ones. And whenever I ask my local MAC stores, they either don't know what I'm talking about or insist that those shades were LE (true) and are no longer available (false). I guess I'll keep asking until I eventually find them! Or you know, they can make a perm product easily accessible for everyone!

MissTT

I find it bizarre that MAC/Chat doesn't have a list of stores who have these items as a kind of limited release. It's so frustrating.

bulbasaur359

I'm surprised these are so hard to find. I know South Coast Plaza's Pro store has them and the free standing store at Los Cerritos Center has them too. They were just mixed in with the other perm lipsticks. I find it hard to believe that I live close to 2 out of the 15 top stores. I hope they will be easier to find for everyone.

OhSoJaded

I'm surprised these are so hard to find. I know South Coast Plaza's Pro store has them and the free standing store at Los Cerritos Center has them too. They were just mixed in with the other perm lipsticks. I find it hard to believe that I live close to 2 out of the 15 top stores. I hope they will be easier to find for everyone.
Interesting. I'm not surprised that South Coast would have them, but Los Cerritos Center, really?!?

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by bulbasaur359

Glad you mentioned that. I'll be in SoCal for a month - leaving here after the election. I still like to go into my polling place and vote.

lilinah

Well, i got a "Little Black Box" yesterday
mac_boxday.gif
In it were Double Shot and Chestnut.

Chestnut was the perfect bittersweet chocolate creme. And Double Shot a perfect medium cool brown creme. I am so happy. Thanks for the recommendations and swatches!

SUCCESS !!!

Pinkdollface

mac_boxday.gif

Chestnut was the perfect bittersweet chocolate creme. And Double Shot a perfect medium cool brown creme. I am so happy. Thanks for the recommendations and swatches!

SUCCESS !!!
Woohoo! If you can please post some pics. It would help if I could see Double Shot swatched next to Chestnut.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
Woohoo! If you can please post some pics. It would help if I could see Double Shot swatched next to Chestnut.

Well, i should have a camera in a few days, and then i'd be happy to. My cell phone is not terribly "smart".

martiangurll

mac_boxday.gif

SUCCESS !!!
Yeah for cool brown. I have trouble finding one that isn't too orange. How did you like Chestnut?

bulbasaur359

Thanks that would be great:) I also just had a simple phone until I had the chance to get a smarter one for cheap:p
I've had an iPhone for so long there's no way I could go back to a simple phone. I use the phone function the least lol although I do use it. I couldn't imagine not having the internet with me at all times and my apps. I love my iPhone.
eyelove.gif

Pinkdollface

I've had an iPhone for so long there's no way I could go back to a simple phone. I use the phone function the least lol although I do use it. I couldn't imagine not having the internet with me at all times and my apps. I love my iPhone.
eyelove.gif
I still only have internet when I have Wifi, but that's already a huge improvement. For my work I sometimes have to be in a completely dark room and then I can hide behind a curtain and check specktra on my phone:p The computer would be to big to take behind the curtain so this is ideal!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by martiangurll
Yeah for cool brown. I have trouble finding one that isn't too orange. How did you like Chestnut?

Double Shot is a medium brown that may have a hint of pink, but doesn't look pink on my fair skin -- i already have some cocoa pinks, so i didn't want another one. And on me it does not pull orange, which far too many nudes and browns do. Yea!

Chestnut is the color of melted dark chocolate, mmm-mmm-mmm. It may have the vaguest hint of a slight suggestion of an undertone of red in there somewhere, but does not look red on. It is the rich deep dark brown which i was looking for. Yea!

I wore Double Shot today, with Pink Tea blush (neutral beige pink satin) on my cheeks and Blonde MSF (frosted soft pink to rose degradé) to highlight - Eyebrows enhanced with Omega e/s (soft muted beige-taupe matte) - Bloom On e/s (light burnt rose matte) on my lids and the lightest part of Blonde under my brows, eyes lined with Raven Kohl Power pencil (black with warm red pearl), and a line of Feminine Edge Fluidline (warm pink with dazzle pearl & glitter) just above the Raven.

It was a rosy but muted look. I thought it looked flattering on my neutral toned skin. I usually go for more dramatic and unconventional makeup - this somehow managed to be both unusual and polite.

martiangurll

Double Shot is a medium brown that may have a hint of pink, but doesn't look pink on my fair skin -- i already have some cocoa pinks, so i didn't want another one. And on me it does not pull orange, which far too many nudes and browns do. Yea!

Chestnut is the color of melted dark chocolate, mmm-mmm-mmm. It may have the vaguest hint of a slight suggestion of an undertone of red in there somewhere, but does not look red on. It is the rich deep dark brown which i was looking for. Yea!

I wore Double Shot today, with Pink Tea blush (neutral beige pink satin) on my cheeks and Blonde MSF (frosted soft pink to rose degradé) to highlight - Eyebrows enhanced with Omega e/s (soft muted beige-taupe matte) - Bloom On e/s (light burnt rose matte) on my lids and the lightest part of Blonde under my brows, eyes lined with Raven Kohl Power pencil (black with warm red pearl), and a line of Feminine Edge Fluidline (warm pink with dazzle pearl & glitter) just above the Raven.

It was a rosy but muted look. I thought it looked flattering on my neutral toned skin. I usually go for more dramatic and unconventional makeup - this somehow managed to be both unusual and polite.
I think I will be getting both Chestnut and Doubleshot after this review. And, let's see, I will need Bloom On as well and Raven! This look sound gorgeous--I think I can duplicate it with some things I have though.

tats

Has anyone nc20 got yash?? I would love to see a swatch. I haven't had a chance to get to MAC counter to swatch it yet..

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I finally tried my Mehr lippie for the first time. When I opened the tube I was like: this is Mehr?! It looks different than how I expected. It's darker and less pink than in every swatch I've seen online (maybe it's my computer screen that made it look more pink??). I feel like it's almost red-brownish on me. So I'm a tiny bit disappointed in the color, just because it's different than I thought, but I will wear it and get used to it. The formula, though... AHmazing! It's my first 'new' matte, I haven't bought a MAC matte in a while, so this is my first one with the improved smoother formula. I luv it.

PeachTwist

I finally tried my Mehr lippie for the first time. When I opened the tube I was like: this is Mehr?! It looks different than how I expected. It's darker and less pink than in every swatch I've seen online (maybe it's my computer screen that made it look more pink??). I feel like it's almost red-brownish on me. So I'm a tiny bit disappointed in the color, just because it's different than I thought, but I will wear it and get used to it. The formula, though... AHmazing! It's my first 'new' matte, I haven't bought a MAC matte in a while, so this is my first one with the improved smoother formula. I luv it.
Would you be willing to take a pic wearing it? I'd like to see it before buying it.

Latest posts