MAC Middle Eastern Lipsticks Shade Extension Discussion (Fall 2012)

lilinah

My local MAC doesn't have any of these four; they never even heard of them. So i trekked to a sort-of local MAC PRO shop and they'd never heard of them either!

I thought these were in shops, not on-line only. I really need to test them to see which of the four suit me. On-line photos seem variable, so i can't tell which will work. I'm looking for some good brown and brown-ish lipsticks, but if they pull too red or if they're a bit orange or yellow, i don't want them.

Anyone know where i am likely to find them at a brick-and-mortar shop? Thanks in advance.

shontay07108

They're not online only. They're at the top 15 or so Mac stores. I could only recommend Double Shot. That one isn't yellow, orange or red. However, like you said, you may need to see them in person.

MACina

That sounds great...maybe I should get DS!

Is it a cool neutral/brown then?
They're not online only. They're at the top 15 or so Mac stores. I could only recommend Double Shot. That one isn't yellow, orange or red. However, like you said, you may need to see them in person.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

Thanks, Shontay! Guess i'll go for Double Shot...

Do you (or anyone else) know how Spice and / or Chestnut look? I didn't test them when they came out this summer, but they're still on-line. The swatches make Spice look nice and Chestnut look red, but MAC's swatches are often waaaay off.

martiangurll

kimibos

double shot
eyelove.gif

Pinkdollface

Thanks, Shontay! Guess i'll go for Double Shot...

Do you (or anyone else) know how Spice and / or Chestnut look? I didn't test them when they came out this summer, but they're still on-line. The swatches make Spice look nice and Chestnut look red, but MAC's swatches are often waaaay off.
I posted pics of Spice and Chestnut on me earlier in the Fashion Sets thread, but here they are again. HTH

Pinkdollface

Are you using a lipliner with Spice? If so, what is it? It looks so much more pink-ish on you and it just looks horrible on me!
No lipliner just Spice. My lips are quite pigmented so that could make it more pink-ish. Have you tried a pinker lipliner under it? Maybe Whirl, Dervish or Pink Treat could work? I don't have those myself, so I can't compare.

PeachTwist

No lipliner just Spice. My lips are quite pigmented so that could make it more pink-ish. Have you tried a pinker lipliner under it? Maybe Whirl, Dervish or Pink Treat could work? I don't have those myself, so I can't compare.
I don't have any of them either but I'll see if any of the pink-ish lipliners I have will help. It just looks absolutely horrible on me but I would love to be able to wear it.

PeachTwist

Good luck! I'm sure there is some way for you to wear it.
Success!

I went and dug through my liners, which to be honest I don't have many. Rimmel's Eastend Snob lipliner under Spice makes it perfect! Not quite like yours but at least it's wearable for me now! YAY! :D

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by shontay07108

Thanks for your info. It really helped. I went ahead and ordered Double Shot. I passed on Mehr because i may already have some cocoa pink shades. Yash looked so different on various webpages, so i balked. I knew Tabla was not for me.

Now, how do i find out which are the top 15 MAC stores, in case there's one within an hour of me? There are quite a few here MAC stand alone stores around the SF Bay area and in our outlying towns (and a vast number of MAC counters in dept. stores).

I also ordered Chestnut, because i saw enough photos on people in which it really looked dark chocolate brown, unlike MAC's rather reddish "swatch". But i passed on Spice because, after tracking down quite a few photos, i decided it might also lean a bit peach/orange.

lilinah

Thanks for the re-post. I remembered your Spice picture, but had forgotten your Chestnut. I'm pale but i think your skin tone is pinker than mine, so the Spice looks nice on you, but maybe not so much for me. Also, i have dark hair, so i think the Chestnut will work on me - i like the drama of dark hair, pale skin, and dark lipstick. Thanks again.

Pinkdollface

Thanks for the re-post. I remembered your Spice picture, but had forgotten your Chestnut. I'm pale but i think your skin tone is pinker than mine, so the Spice looks nice on you, but maybe not so much for me. Also, i have dark hair, so i think the Chestnut will work on me - i like the drama of dark hair, pale skin, and dark lipstick. Thanks again.
YW:) Chestnut with dark hair and pale skin sounds great. I hope you'll like it. I really should wear it out, because I haven't even done that yet.

Mac-Guy

Chestnut is great. It's in the same color family as Seeds of Desire (and early example of the new brown lip trend), but it's a different finish. Both are hot, but it takes a bit of time to get used to seeing brown-ish lips :)

Latest posts