MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013)

Audrey C

I like some of the colours, but at €27.50 which is like the same as Chanel lipstick here I think I'll skip. I would rather buy a Chanel I think. I don't understand why they are €9 more than normal lipsticks. The difference in the US isn't that big so why it's here?
Because they think they can get away with it. They can't, at least not with me, so I'm not buying.

Dominique33

27,50 € ? Well, it's really pricey this time. I'll try and pick up one, maybe 2 but I never thought they would be so expensive. More than a Marcel Wanders one !

Sarah Caron

I was originally going to pass on these but after reading a bunch of reviews from Temptalia, I want at least 4 of them... but since they are permanent I'm going to take my time getting them. Such a high price -- and I'm in America. I can't believe how much MAC is charging else where in the world. They have been steadily raising their prices and I hope they don't make this their new price point.

califabulous

I got a chance to preview these shades yesterday a Mac in Berkeley. They seem smooth, not splotchy. Not opaque but not sheer. They pack a nice color. I liked Divine choice, elegant accent, lady at play and style surge. I thought all of them were pretty nice. I'm going to try just one to start
wacko.gif
---to make sure the formula agrees with my crazy lips. It will either be DC or EA...

Bottom to top: Luxe Naturale, Divine Choice, Posh tone, Lady at play,Elegant Accent, Style Surge, dreaminess, glamour era. Above that is antique diamond paint pot. On the side is bottom luxe again and Idon't remember the other. i think it is era or grand dame sorry too many! I didn't swatch the reds/berries......

oops...the very first non-swatch is actually a scar lol sorry i didn't edit that out!

SydVicious

I was originally going to pass on these but after reading a bunch of reviews from Temptalia, I want at least 4 of them... but since they are permanent I'm going to take my time getting them. Such a high price -- and I'm in America. I can't believe how much MAC is charging else where in the world. They have been steadily raising their prices and I hope they don't make this their new price point.
It's not always MAC that makes the prices so high. I just got Betty Bright from the Archie's collection and I live in Germany, but I am American and we get paid in US dollars. SOOOO.. The lipstick was €16.50 with 20% VAT taxes. Tax is always rounded into the price of an item in the European Union, unlike in the States where we go to the checkout and tax is added after. I ended up paying €19.50. That's $25.33 for the one lipstick. I missed out on it on Mac.com and I REALLY wanted it, so I paid the higher price for it. The tax on this lipstick was almost $5!!!!

I am really very glad that these are perm items, I will be able to get one or two to start with and build up a collecting if I like them as much as I think I will. I know they are a bit of a higher price but Tempalia says that you also get 40% more lipstick in these tubes. I'm willing to give them a shot. :)

SydVicious

I got a chance to preview these shades yesterday a Mac in Berkeley. They seem smooth, not splotchy. Not opaque but not sheer. They pack a nice color. I liked Divine choice, elegant accent, lady at play and style surge. I thought all of them were pretty nice. I'm going to try just one to start
wacko.gif
---to make sure the formula agrees with my crazy lips. It will either be DC or EA...

Bottom to top: Luxe Naturale, Divine Choice, Posh tone, Lady at play,Elegant Accent, Style Surge, dreaminess, glamour era. Above that is antique diamond paint pot. On the side is bottom luxe again and Idon't remember the other. i think it is era or grand dame sorry too many! I didn't swatch the reds/berries......

oops...the very first non-swatch is actually a scar lol sorry i didn't edit that out!
Thanks for posting these swatches, I love seeing them in the different types of light. I am in love with a couple of these. I love a sheer, but not too sheer lipstick. It can be hard to find lipstick that has color, but isn't too bold for everyday. :)

Pinkdollface

These are available from maccosmetics.nl and they are €23 so luckily not as ridiculous as I thought. I might try one to see how I like the formula. I also noticed that we have the same shades as the US
huh2.gif

LC

I don't find the price outrageous. They have a more more luxurious formula and feel. They're also still cheaper than the pro longwear lip colours which have a price tag of $23.00...and the cremesheen gloss, PLW gloss, plushglass and dazzleglass gloss are all at $20...There's also 40% more product in the mineralized tube (.14oz) compared to a regular mac lipstick (.1oz) so I think the price isn't off the charts or anything.

LC

These are available from maccosmetics.nl and they are €23 so luckily not as ridiculous as I thought. I might try one to see how I like the formula. I also noticed that we have the same shades as the US
huh2.gif
In NZ , AUS, UK, and the US all offer the same shades. Asia, Europe, South America and Africa will have different shades available.

In europe specifically, all the shades are the same except two. You should have an "utterly delicious" and a "splurge" as well..do you? if not then idk, maybe they decided it was easier to do them all the same haha

Audrey C

I don't find the price outrageous. They have a more more luxurious formula and feel. They're also still cheaper than the pro longwear lip colours which have a price tag of $23.00...and the cremesheen gloss, PLW gloss, plushglass and dazzleglass gloss are all at $20...There's also 40% more product in the mineralized tube (.14oz) compared to a regular mac lipstick (.1oz) so I think the price isn't off the charts or anything.
I can see how that might be of value to you, but given that I'm unlikely to finish the majority of my regular sized lippies then the extra size is just more that will end up being BTM'd. I'd prefer the same shape and size and a lower price point.

Corally

huh2.gif
Well that's weird! €23 is doable I guess but still pretty expensive. Sorry if I missed it but are the tubes taller than the sheen supreme tubes? They wouldn't fit in my drawers if they are taller.

Corally

I can see how that might be of value to you, but given that I'm unlikely to finish the majority of my regular sized lippies then the extra size is just more that will end up being BTM'd. I'd prefer the same shape and size and a lower price point.
:agree: I've never finished a lippie in my life.

Pinkdollface

In NZ , AUS, UK, and the US all offer the same shades. Asia, Europe, South America and Africa will have different shades available.

In europe specifically, all the shades are the same except two. You should have an "utterly delicious" and a "splurge" as well..do you? if not then idk, maybe they decided it was easier to do them all the same haha
No we don't have Utterly Delicious and Splurge that's the strange thing.

MACina

Yes, you are probably right
th_dunno.gif

Europe/South Africa, Middle East/India and Latin America were initially supposed to get these 2 colors.
UD should also be available in North and South Asia.
Maybe they decided to release the same in europe as in the US after all?

xasperadastra

huh2.gif
here they are 25 (I already knew that) but we have only 10 shades instead of 12...

MRV

Quote:Originally Posted by Pinkdollface

No we don't have Utterly Delicious and Splurge that's the strange thing.

(Looks like I don't have the multi quote now but) I just picked up Lady at Play today. And we have the European selection!! I tried LaP quickly on lips and it feels like a lustre (the good cremesheens are more sticky than this). I was also considering UD, but did not get it yet. And FYI Splurge is a berry-ish colour, not the one for instance T says.