MAC N Color Collection discussion

imoutofit

drools.gif
I want those msf's!

kittenluvsmac

I know it's just a wonky translation, but this one is too funny
"1N Fair hoary yellow dirt ex pinkish pearl"

Oh yeah--gimme some fair hoary yellow dirt, please!

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenluvsmac
I know it's just a wonky translation, but this one is too funny
"1N Fair hoary yellow dirt ex pinkish pearl"

Oh yeah--gimme some fair hoary yellow dirt, please!

HeeHee! When I copied and pasted it in the translator, I just quickly put it into notepad, hit the enter button to make it not one big paragraph and posted it here before I had to run out to meet my family for dinner. So yeah.....it is a little funky!

kyoto

I'm excited about this release, since I missed the first round of Mineral Skin Finishes. Mac certainly has a tight hold on my wallet.
drools.gif

Shimmer

I think the biggest problem is the super market saturation, and the IMMEDIATE posting of information obviously gleaned from source (a) [who credited their own sources], but no mention of credit is given to source (a) and instead credit is given to source (a)'s source.

Eh.
It all catches up to us.

redambition

here's the best translation I can come up with... my polish is a bit rusty!

some of the descriptions may not be 100% accurate (the word dirty certainly pops up a few times...) as i've never really used polish descriptions for cosmetics. hopefully the general colour idea shows through.

note: brąz can mean either brown or bronze. i've tried to append as i can, but sometimes i've put in both as i'm not sure which it could be.

LIPSTICK (szminka)
1N - Jasny oszronione złoto z różową perłą - light frosted gold with pink pearl
2N - Kremowy jasny róż - creamy pale pink/rose (lit. creamy light rouge)
3N - Mleczno-pastelowy róż - milky-pastel pink/rose (lit. milky-pastel rouge)
4N - Pośredni kremowy brąz - midtone creamy brown (or bronze?)
5N - Śliwkowy czysty brązowy - clean plum brown

LIPGLASS (pomadka)
1N - Kremowo-biały jasnobrązowy - creamy-white light brown
2N - Kremowy naturalny żółto-różowy - creamy natural gold-pink
3N - Neutralny brąz ze złotą i różową perłą - neutral brown (or bronze) with gold and pink pearl
4N - Jasny czekoladowy brązowy z czerwoną perłą - light chocolate brown with red pearl

SMALL EYESHADOW (cień do oczu)
Nanogold - Czysty żółty beż z różową perłą - clean gold beige with pink pearl
Modest Tone - Neutralny brudny jasnobrązowy - neutral dirty light brown
Neutral Pink - Przybrudzony pośredni niebiesko-różowy - midtone soiled/dirty (??? huh) blue-pink. I think this means a blue-pink duochrome, or maybe some type of purple.
Rich Flesh - Neutralny ciepły brąz - neutral warm brown or bronze
Remotely Grey - Przybrudzony szaro-brązowy - dirty grey-brown
Dark Edge - Przybrudzony brąz czekoladowy - dirty chocolate brown

PAINT POT
Soft Ochre - Żółty beż - gold beige
Quite Natural - Przybrudzony czekoladowy brąz - dirty chocolate brown.

CREMESTICK LINER
Creamola - Ciemny odcień jasnobrązowego - a dark bronze tint (literally it's "dark tinted light brown [or light bronze]". doesn't make sense...)
Sublime Culture - Połączenie różowego z karmelem - a mishmash of pink and caramel

TECHNAKOHL
Graphblack - Najbogatszy grafitowo-czarny - richest graphic black
Brownborder - Głęboki brąz czekoladowy - deep chocolate brown

PLUSHLASH (tusz do rzęs)
Plushblack - Czarny - black

Nail Laquer (lakier do paznokci)
N Colour - Kremowy beż - creamy beige
Demi-Blanc - Złoty beż z zieloną perłą - gold beige with green pearl
Naturally Rich - Mleczna czekolada - milk chocolate

miss_emc

There are deffers MSF's in this collection, it's gonna be a big one, and i'm 99.9% sure that none of them are re-promotes. There are natural MSF's and normal MSF's in the collection. There will be 2 primary displayers for this one (the stands that products sit on) so it's going to be one of the bigger collections of the year. But then Fafi... nothing compares to Fafi... it will blow your mind!! You want more paint pots? They are coming your way with this collection!!

thelove4tequila

MSF obession has finally died since I rarely reach for them but they are so damn pretty, SOOOO I'm not really jumping out of my seat about those (I know, I know). The promo pix just doesn't WOW me. I am looking forward to those Paint Pots though.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzamy
hmmm i wonder if these will be new shades or repromotes? the pinkish/lavender shade sort of looks like Petticoat but without all the raspberry veining, the bronze looks like Shooting Star and the other two look like the natural MSFs.... it looks like the Light MSF and the Deep Dark MSF? the light one could even be a bad shot of Pleasureflush *creates a pleasureflush frenzy*

nah but seriously, they're probably just the natural MSFs (they dont seem 'pearly' enough to be the shimmery kind) with perhaps Petticoat and Shooting Star? or i'm way off and they're new shades

*ponders*

I was thinking the exact same thing.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I wonder why there are two Natural MSF's is this collection. Are they expanding on the perm line?

There was a thread around here somewhere talking about how MAC had "discontinued" the "medium" natural msf to rework it and/or expand the colors in the line next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc
There are deffers MSF's in this collection, it's gonna be a big one, and i'm 99.9% sure that none of them are re-promotes. There are natural MSF's and normal MSF's in the collection. There will be 2 primary displayers for this one (the stands that products sit on) so it's going to be one of the bigger collections of the year. But then Fafi... nothing compares to Fafi... it will blow your mind!! You want more paint pots? They are coming your way with this collection!!

Thanks for the info! I'm anxious to see the color descriptions of the new MSFs.
th_DANCE.gif

Can't wait for Fafi and N Color Collection......My imagination is running WILD!!! A good start to the new year, MAC!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
There was a thread around here somewhere talking about how MAC had "discontinued" the "medium" natural msf to rework it and/or expand the colors in the line next year.

Sure but that doesn't really explain why there are two. I am kind of disappointed with those. I don't know that I can get excited about any of the MSF's. Ah well.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Sure but that doesn't really explain why there are two. I am kind of disappointed with those. I don't know that I can get excited about any of the MSF's. Ah well.

They are probably re-adding medium as well as a new shade. The newer shade looks like it would be perfect for me. It looks like it falls between medium dark and dark which would be good since there is a HUGE difference between the two.

Also, what is up with all of these MSFs that look the same??? Shooting Star, Global Glow and now whatever this one is. The other MSF isn't bad because it actually doesn't look like Petticoat to me. Petticoat is WAY more vibrant so if this one is a pastel berry I can deal with it.

I would like to see this collection. It doesn't look like much from the pictures of the MSFs. I wonder what the rest of the products look like.

Here are a few more pics from the collection:

8703.jpg

8704.jpg

8705.jpg

8706.jpg

8707.jpg

8708.jpg

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_emc

Miss_emc I would love to pick your brain of all of the MAC knowledge you know of the upcoming collections!
smiles.gif