MAC N Color Collection discussion

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACgirl
is it just me or does this sound like the day after xmas collection for 07 that couldve been? the colors remind me of danse, lingerie etc., besides it also has msfs like the two before it...hmmm....

It does, except not half as exciting. I'll have to see the shadows and lipsticks, but I'm not jumping out of my seat. How cool would a Macy's exclusive palette be though?

Miss_M

I'm an absolute sucker when it comes to soft pinks and nudes, so I'm really excited about this collection. My birthday is coming up in January, so this will be a perfect excuse to give myself a nice treat
smiles.gif

oddinary

It looks a bit lilac to me in the promo picture, so maybe since we've had so many pink MSFs already, this is different? Just a guess!

frocher

I hope the msfs don't have huge chunks of glitter, the ones with a smooth sheen are so much prettier.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
To anyone who has pleasureflush will light flush be similar? I am hoping they are close to the same.

I think that's wishful thinking. Just from the Promo pic - Light Flush looks darker and pinker that Pleasureflush. It [Light Flush] looks closer to Petticoat without the dark veining and Porcelain Pink but lighter, less pink and minus the gold veining. Just my 2 cents.

SMMY

One thing I've learned from MAC promo pictures over the years is, don't rely on them for color accuracy. I remember several items that were nowhere near the color portrayed in the promo photos. I'll wait until I see specktra-ites swatches before I decide whether the actual color is a repeat of existing MSFs.

princess

Still not tempted, but maybe because I have fallen out of love with blushers, at least for the time being. Hopefully it isn't sheer or have huge chunks of glitters, that will really kill it.

slowhoney

OMG, when is the release date for this collection? It's driving me crazy. January 17th, 9th, then 10th... which one is it? *lol*

AudreyNicole

Anyone have any news on the finishes of the lip stuff/shadows/nailpolish yet? The finishes determine alot for me. The description might sound great but if I see LUSTRE or AMP CREAM, I cross it off my list
smiles.gif
Can anyone shead any light? I am hoping to narrow my list
winks.gif

LitlLi

OMG~ Jan 17 is my BIRTHDAY~~~....let's just say my S/O will have a very empty wallet by the time i'm done with him...BWAHAHAHAHA

Madeleine

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
here's the best translation I can come up with... my polish is a bit rusty!

some of the descriptions may not be 100% accurate (the word dirty certainly pops up a few times...) as i've never really used polish descriptions for cosmetics. hopefully the general colour idea shows through.

note: brąz can mean either brown or bronze. i've tried to append as i can, but sometimes i've put in both as i'm not sure which it could be.

LIPSTICK (szminka)
1N - Jasny oszronione złoto z różową perłą - light frosted gold with pink pearl
2N - Kremowy jasny róż - creamy pale pink/rose (lit. creamy light rouge)
3N - Mleczno-pastelowy róż - milky-pastel pink/rose (lit. milky-pastel rouge)
4N - Pośredni kremowy brąz - midtone creamy brown (or bronze?)
5N - Śliwkowy czysty brązowy - clean plum brown

LIPGLASS (pomadka)
1N - Kremowo-biały jasnobrązowy - creamy-white light brown
2N - Kremowy naturalny żółto-różowy - creamy natural gold-pink
3N - Neutralny brąz ze złotą i różową perłą - neutral brown (or bronze) with gold and pink pearl
4N - Jasny czekoladowy brązowy z czerwoną perłą - light chocolate brown with red pearl

SMALL EYESHADOW (cień do oczu)
Nanogold - Czysty żółty beż z różową perłą - clean gold beige with pink pearl
Modest Tone - Neutralny brudny jasnobrązowy - neutral dirty light brown
Neutral Pink - Przybrudzony pośredni niebiesko-różowy - midtone soiled/dirty (??? huh) blue-pink. I think this means a blue-pink duochrome, or maybe some type of purple.
Rich Flesh - Neutralny ciepły brąz - neutral warm brown or bronze
Remotely Grey - Przybrudzony szaro-brązowy - dirty grey-brown
Dark Edge - Przybrudzony brąz czekoladowy - dirty chocolate brown

PAINT POT
Soft Ochre - Żółty beż - gold beige
Quite Natural - Przybrudzony czekoladowy brąz - dirty chocolate brown.

CREMESTICK LINER
Creamola - Ciemny odcień jasnobrązowego - a dark bronze tint (literally it's "dark tinted light brown [or light bronze]". doesn't make sense...)
Sublime Culture - Połączenie różowego z karmelem - a mishmash of pink and caramel

TECHNAKOHL
Graphblack - Najbogatszy grafitowo-czarny - richest graphic black
Brownborder - Głęboki brąz czekoladowy - deep chocolate brown

PLUSHLASH (tusz do rzęs)
Plushblack - Czarny - black

Nail Laquer (lakier do paznokci)
N Colour - Kremowy beż - creamy beige
Demi-Blanc - Złoty beż z zieloną perłą - gold beige with green pearl
Naturally Rich - Mleczna czekolada - milk chocolate

Excellent job!

First of all,your Polish is not rusty.
Second as a native speaker this is exactly how I had wanted to translate and post it.... If I had only more time and have come across the topic much earlier.
Ladies,the translation is as good as original (and vice versa)
smiles.gif

noahlowryfan

isn't this collection going to come out a week early at Pro stores? if this collection does come out next week, isn't it going to come out at Pro stores this Thursday?