MAC - Naturally Discussion

katred

Specktra Bestie
HG can certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that the issue with certain items being cost-prohibitive to offer again might be especially relevant for products that contained a larger number of colours. More colours = more ingredients = more opportunities for prices to rise. In that case, I would think that Blonde and Redhead might be safer, because the tones involved are mostly variations on a couple of base pigments, rather than combinations of entirely different colours.

I think that PixieDancer nailed the issue exactly. Chances are that no one would have complained about the "Beigescapades" if they had just given them a different name. Everyone would have been happy to get something that was pretty close to the original Lightscapade. Using the same names invites the comparison and invites criticism that you messed up. Using a different name would allow people to enjoy the improved formula currently available.

liba

HG can certainly correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect that the issue with certain items being cost-prohibitive to offer again might be especially relevant for products that contained a larger number of colours. More colours = more ingredients = more opportunities for prices to rise. In that case, I would think that Blonde and Redhead might be safer, because the tones involved are mostly variations on a couple of base pigments, rather than combinations of entirely different colours.

I think that PixieDancer nailed the issue exactly. Chances are that no one would have complained about the "Beigescapades" if they had just given them a different name. Everyone would have been happy to get something that was pretty close to the original Lightscapade. Using the same names invites the comparison and invites criticism that you messed up. Using a different name would allow people to enjoy the improved formula currently available.
From my fine art days - nothing was more costly than the precious natural cerulean blue (light sky blue), the more intense natural blue reds and certain brilliant greens - all those natural mineral source pigments are drastically precious, especially since artificial pigments just don't compare in brilliance, even using modern tech. Not hard to stretch them with all sorts of binders, but past a certain point, you just can't extend them without coming up with new ways of milling them down first.

Lightscapade certainly screams "expensive blue pigments" and I'm not surprised if it got watered down. This happens with other products like fabric in vibrant scarlet, emerald green, royal purple and cobalt blue too - synthetic dye just doesn't compare, even today, though it's getting better all the time.

I'd say it's a calculated risk to re-release a product under the same name but with a different formula - the trade-off between giving customers something they've been clamoring for and disappointing them after the fact with the 'ole bait 'n switch. Call me cynical, but I bet they still make more money bringing back an old favorite with a less than exact formula than introducing a new product with a new name. Business is all about the cha-ching.
devil.gif

summerblue

The SA at Macy's, which only got 8 initially (don't know if they got more), said that Lightscapade was being returned.

martiangurll

I wonder if Fresh Honey will be similar to My Highland Honey? I missed that one, so I would like another try at a honey colored blushie.

EmbalmerBabe

yeah i wish brunette was coming back too because i haven't got that baby!

I'm a natural brunette and I passed on the Brunette MSF because it was just too dark and brash looking. I am pretty fair and even with a light application it was just too
over the top and clashy. Redhead was my fav, so subtle and pretty.

LMD84

I'm a natural brunette and I passed on the Brunette MSF because it was just too dark and brash looking. I am pretty fair and even with a light application it was just too over the top and clashy. Redhead was my fav, so subtle and pretty.
oh redhead is amazing! it gave my cheeks such a beautiful sheen and glow! it was also my first msf so i was so happy with it :)

summerblue

I wonder if Fresh Honey will be similar to My Highland Honey? I missed that one, so I would like another try at a honey colored blushie.
This is 1 of the only 2 on my list that I want to see pics of. From the name Fresh Honey Warm Apricot I was thinkiing it might be similar to Improvise which I adore.

sunsetbeauty15

now you mention it fresh honey does sound similar to my highland honey depending on pigmentation i might not get it if its similar but if its super duper pigmented i will but something tells me it will be a mineralized version on MHH

LMD84

now you mention it fresh honey does sound similar to my highland honey depending on pigmentation i might not get it if its similar but if its super duper pigmented i will but something tells me it will be a mineralized version on MHH
i hope it is because i missed my highland honey and would love a mineral version of the same shade!

DL83

I don`t know about mb. I love how they look, I really do, but I `m not a fan of them applied. I`ll still want them but I have to stay away from pinky -corally ones, I mean how many can you have in the same category? ( I already have deep throat, orgasm, coralista, bella bamba, dainty , flewr power, springshine etc) Right now I like dirty pinks blushes, like tarte exposed or nars madly, any good rec from mac same color category?

I feel the same. I have so many coral/pinky/peach blushes. You might like MAC Blushbaby. It's kind of a nudey dusty pink

liba

'Not as light/milky or bright. A MB version of MHH with the finish of those SP MBs would be fantastic!

martiangurll

That would be the shizzle. then I 'd be glad I didn't get MHH and got the MB version instead!

liba

That would be the shizzle. then I 'd be glad I didn't get MHH and got the MB version instead!
Well, I WILL utter heresy and say that as much as I loved Azalea Blossom, I stopped using it when I got Sakura - that MB formula was just so much prettier on my skin.

LMD84

yeah the mineral blushes always look nice on my skin too and i find myself using them more than normal blushes!

liba

yeah the mineral blushes always look nice on my skin too and i find myself using them more than normal blushes!
All of the MB from Fabulous Felines onwards have been excellent! I'll admit I still like some of the glittery ones from before, but the soft sheen finish ones are hard to beat with standard powder blush for me, even if they're not as long lasting.

Sakura and Utterly Game are my favorites.
flower.gif