MAC - Naturally Discussion

singer82

I am the same way! I used to be all about brighter colorful looks. But when I'm in a hurry neutrals are the way to go.

neutrals have grown on me... mainly because they are quicker to work with than brights and recently i have been sleeping for a little longer so have less time to do my face :)
My first taste of Inglot - todays specktra blog post

LMD84

oh wow - that must be one strict uni! at my uni we could wear what we wanted. but on the plus side this collection is made for you!

OctoberViolet

I love neutrals & I love brights! Depending on my mood, going out, work, etc all plays a part in what I decide to wear. I always try to have enough of a mixture of colors in my already full to the top makeup storage area to help me decide. I'm pretty lucky. I work at a University. I can wear whatever pretty much. When I wear my purple lippies I get a few looks, but I mainly get a lot of compliments by staff, students & faculty which is nice cause I love my purple lips.

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by LMD84
oh wow - that must be one strict uni! at my uni we could wear what we wanted. but on the plus side this collection is made for you!

I'm a medical student, so I spend 4 days a week in hospital with patients! We have to dress "professionally" :p

rubytitania

Luckily I already have Redhead and Blonde and, whilst I love them both, I don't really feel the need to back them up as I have so many MSFs, blushes, highlighters etc.

At the moment the things I think sound interesting are:

Sweet Sunrise Lipstick - Light neutral peach-pink
Hot Spell Lipglass - Bronze with multi-colored pearl
Twilight Falls MES - Cool brown with bronze veining
Early Morning MB - Peachy pink

Hopefully I won't fall for anything else as I could do without spending too much on this one!

Richelle83

I wonder if the MSF's are going to be the same as the previous release or if they are going to be different. I guess it will be like all the other re-releases-not as good as the original.

iheartangE

I really hope these MSFs are the same formulation as last time. I think that's why I adore Redhead so much-it has such a smooth and velvety texture :) I am really hoping nothing changes this time around because Redhead is PERFECT.

Piarpreet

MAC almost NEVER does it the same way... look at the saffron screwup with surf baby compared to the one from Mickey contractor... and the one with lightscapade vs beigescapade... I doubt they'd be as good but similar enough to label them equally.

I really hope these MSFs are the same formulation as last time. I think that's why I adore Redhead so much-it has such a smooth and velvety texture :) I am really hoping nothing changes this time around because Redhead is PERFECT.

LMD84

i bet it is due to a change of ingredients - perhaps they can't get the exact same stuff as the originals so therefore that is why the re-promotes look different

Piarpreet

they have a recipe with very detailed ingredients and isntructions... they could.

i bet it is due to a change of ingredients - perhaps they can't get the exact same stuff as the originals so therefore that is why the re-promotes look different

Mac-Guy

Sometimes ingredients are simply not available anymore or too expensive. And there is no need to produce exactly the same product - especially if it is a hyped one - as it will sell no matter what. Look at all the ugly beigecapades that sold within a few hours or days. I'm not defending MAC's strategy, but rather I explain it.

missah

Sigh. Both this collection and the Iris Apfel collection are coming out on the same day. I guess I wont be going out much during my holidays and i DEFINITELY need a job now.
My tentative list:
- A Perfect Day L/S
- Beach Sand L/S
- Sweet Sunrise L/S
- Redhead MSF
- Early Morning MB
- Fresh Honey MB
I'd have to check out the MES swatches. I cant really imagine the colour combinations. Hopefully, this list will whittle down as swatches become available.

romi79_2008

I don`t know about mb. I love how they look, I really do, but I `m not a fan of them applied. I`ll still want them but I have to stay away from pinky -corally ones, I mean how many can you have in the same category? ( I already have deep throat, orgasm, coralista, bella bamba, dainty , flewr power, springshine etc) Right now I like dirty pinks blushes, like tarte exposed or nars madly, any good rec from mac same color category?

LMD84

Sometimes ingredients are simply not available anymore or too expensive. And there is no need to produce exactly the same product - especially if it is a hyped one - as it will sell no matter what. Look at all the ugly beigecapades that sold within a few hours or days. I'm not defending MAC's strategy, but rather I explain it.

yeah that is what i was getting at :) but you raise other good points too!

Edelmc

yeah. I think I heard that the old lightscapade was just too expensive to make although I got a nice blue one esp. after I used it a few times more blue veining seemed to come through.....