MAC - Naturally Discussion

liba

The blushes are just ridiculous! So fab, each and every one of them. I'm actually wearing a blend of all three right now, due to testing them out in the store this morning, and even that looks great. Layering these is certainly something to try if you're getting more than one color - this way if one is a little too orange or another is a little too deep, you really can mix and match to get the perfect color! I wouldn't say it'd be easy to do this with blushes all the time, but these are so beautifully soft and easy to apply sheerly and/or build up in layers, that you really can control what's going on without any pain, armed with a nice 188 brush. The tonal range is also perfectly balanced for combining them properly, without having to worry about values of brightness complicating things.

Another thing, the staying power has definitely been upped even from the last set of MBs with Semi-Precious. I've been wearing these all day long and haven't experienced any fading yet, which is a totally new development for me and MBs, which I find I have to frequently touch up (which I never minded much, since I generally prefer MBs to any other type of powder blush formula). Perhaps the new charged water spray that just came out is helping too? I gave my face a good spritz of it after I applied the blushes. It's like Fix+ without the glycerine, but with added brightening shimmer particles - maybe those particles are doing something to help bind the blush formula. I never bothered with it before, since I felt like lacking glycerine would detract from the fixative properties of Fix+. When I've used up my bottle of Fix+, I think I might switch over to this instead - it's quite nice.

elegant-one

The blushes are just ridiculous! So fab, each and every one of them. I'm actually wearing a blend of all three right now, due to testing them out in the store this morning, and even that looks great. Layering these is certainly something to try if you're getting more than one color - this way if one is a little too orange or another is a little too deep, you really can mix and match to get the perfect color! I wouldn't say it'd be easy to do this with blushes all the time, but these are so beautifully soft and easy to apply sheerly and/or build up in layers, that you really can control what's going on without any pain, armed with a nice 188 brush. The tonal range is also perfectly balanced for combining them properly, without having to worry about values of brightness complicating things.
I absolutely agree!

SweetSarah

I got A Perfect Day. I only had about 5 minutes to look so I passed on everything else. I'll go back tomorrow and check out the rest of the collection, but I knew I needed APD.

I also got Comfort & Joy and Narcissus!

Icecaramellatte

I'd say all these blushes are pretty summery. I hope summer comes sooooooon!
flower.gif

Yes, I can just imagine myself wearing these come summer. I just put on Thrills lipstick with Early Morning blush and it looks fantastic. It looks pretty orangey now too. This might be my orange lips for summer. Now that I think of it, I have bought quite a few orangey lip gloss colors with the collections over the past few years. Maybe I don't even need any new orange lip colors that may be coming.

sinergy

got my goodies today and i am lovin everything so far!!! Early Morning is such a pretty color I like to use my blushes as washes on the eyes also and I can see this one working soooo well with maybe a little coppering in the crease? i cant wait to play with it. i bought both msfs since i skipped them the first time and i have to say i think, as of right now, i like the blonde better than the redhead. i can see using the redhead as just a blush and blonde as a better hilight. uhm pillow talk is deeper than i thought it would be but it is very very pretty with hot spell over (thank you Shontay..I believe you mentioned doing this??) a perfect day is a perfect rosey nude on me i looooove this one and cant wait to wear it. and last but not least, Twilight Falls..sooooo pretty and smooth!! I happened to get one with a lot of pink and lavenderish veining, is soooo beautiful. I am def. going to pick up a few more of the shadows next week depending on whats available online still. Overall very very happy with my Naturally haul!!!
cheerleader.gif

bambiraptor

Fresh honey is amazing. I didn't realize how powdery the blush would be though, I swiped it with my blush brush and it went everywhere! I'll have to remember to pat the blush! I'm super happy it appears to be far different from My Highland Honey on me.

sephoraholic

I'm surprised to say that out of EVERYTHING in this collection (including MSFs and MBs! :O), I'm most satisfied with a perfect day lipstick, it's seriously the PERFECT nude for my skin tone (NW25 for reference). I loveee it!

GreigeClarity

I bought the brush but the box it's in won't arrive until tomorrow! Luckily the rest of the collection got here today! So excited to swatch everything!

Has anybody got the eye shadow brush? What do you think of it?
Did the collection arrive in any European stores today?

baghdad81

Ladies quick poll: NC20 here...Is early morning good? I put it on my face but it did nothing special...mind you it was very faint....and please talk me out of a A Perfect Day-mania!

luvlydee

BS really complements the color of my 5-day beard stubbles
flower.gif
but I guess that's not the case for you.
girlhaha.gif

lol !! :)

I'm hoping that once i play around with it when i get it ill learn to love it. Maybe some time of liner underneath will help?

internetchick

My stuff is here!! My flash's batteries crapped out before I was done, but I at least have 1 OK haulage pic. A Perfect Day came out looking darker like Pillow Talk. :/ Anyway, everything is gorgeous. I am having second thoughts on Redhead though. It seems glittery, but Blonde doesn't.

Mac-Guy

Another thing, the staying power has definitely been upped even from the last set of MBs with Semi-Precious. I've been wearing these all day long and haven't experienced any fading yet, which is a totally new development for me and MBs, which I find I have to frequently touch up (which I never minded much, since I generally prefer MBs to any other type of powder blush formula). Perhaps the new charged water spray that just came out is helping too? I gave my face a good spritz of it after I applied the blushes. It's like Fix+ without the glycerine, but with added brightening shimmer particles - maybe those particles are doing something to help bind the blush formula. I never bothered with it before, since I felt like lacking glycerine would detract from the fixative properties of Fix+. When I've used up my bottle of Fix+, I think I might switch over to this instead - it's quite nice.

I think the staying power is also due to the strong pigmentation of these blushes. They are just fabulous!

Mac-Guy

Do you have the 179? If so, you can really blend out the glitter in Redhead. It takes some buffing time, but the 179 is doing an excellent job! Having said that, I always felt that Redhead is more of a summery MSF where glitter/shimmer is more acceptable.
My stuff is here!! My flash's batteries crapped out before I was done, but I at least have 1 OK haulage pic. A Perfect Day came out looking darker like Pillow Talk. :/ Anyway, everything is gorgeous. I am having second thoughts on Redhead though. It seems glittery, but Blonde doesn't.

internetchick

Do you have the 179? If so, you can really blend out the glitter in Redhead. It takes some buffing time, but the 179 is doing an excellent job! Having said that, I always felt that Redhead is more of a summery MSF where glitter/shimmer is more acceptable.

No. :(

By the time those popped up on my radar it was too late.

PixieDancer

For comparison on NC30... Although my hand is slighty lighter (and obviously dry as hell from washing so much with swatches! heehee)
Left to Right:
Lush Amber (LE from Semi-Precious), Pillow Talk, Sweet Ever After