MAC - Naturally Discussion

peachsuns

I can't stop thinking about A Perfect Day.
holysheep.gif

It's beautiful, but problem is I have similar color lipstick from another brand already. Formula of this lipstick is more like lustre though.
Is A Perfect Day must-have? Should I get it or skip it?
SOS.gif

PixieDancer

Quick look playing with my Naturally goodies...

Painterly Paint Pot all over lid up to browbone.
Daylight MES on the lid. Twilight Falls blended into crease with new 286 brush. Elope (from Sigma Bare Palette) on browbone.
MUFE #11 Burgundy Liquid Liner
Tarte Exposed Blush
Redhead to Highlight
Too Faced Perfect Nude lipliner
Comfort & Joy Lipglass from TdF Collection

Mac-Guy

This is a great natural look!
flower.gif

Daylight MES on the lid. Twilight Falls blended into crease with new 286 brush. Elope (from Sigma Bare Palette) on browbone.
Tarte Exposed Blush
Redhead to Highlight

UrbanSweetheart

The blushes are just ridiculous! So fab, each and every one of them. I'm actually wearing a blend of all three right now, due to testing them out in the store this morning, and even that looks great. Layering these is certainly something to try if you're getting more than one color - this way if one is a little too orange or another is a little too deep, you really can mix and match to get the perfect color! I wouldn't say it'd be easy to do this with blushes all the time, but these are so beautifully soft and easy to apply sheerly and/or build up in layers, that you really can control what's going on without any pain, armed with a nice 188 brush. The tonal range is also perfectly balanced for combining them properly, without having to worry about values of brightness complicating things.

Another thing, the staying power has definitely been upped even from the last set of MBs with Semi-Precious. I've been wearing these all day long and haven't experienced any fading yet, which is a totally new development for me and MBs, which I find I have to frequently touch up (which I never minded much, since I generally prefer MBs to any other type of powder blush formula). Perhaps the new charged water spray that just came out is helping too? I gave my face a good spritz of it after I applied the blushes. It's like Fix+ without the glycerine, but with added brightening shimmer particles - maybe those particles are doing something to help bind the blush formula. I never bothered with it before, since I felt like lacking glycerine would detract from the fixative properties of Fix+. When I've used up my bottle of Fix+, I think I might switch over to this instead - it's quite nice.
thanks for your review liba! these blushes definitely seem like winners ^_^

UrbanSweetheart

I'm thrilled that I found another Twilight with a lot of light cool-toned pink veining. In combination with the brown veining, it is like a darker sister of Aurora piggie as both have the pink sheen. It is absolutely lovely
love.gif

your Twilight Falls is officially drool-worthy!
drools.gif

queen_kitty

I got Sweet Sunrise in the mail today, and although there isn't too much hype over it, I really like it with my pale skin! I've been looking for a nude just like it, light while still being somewhat sheer and buildable. In fact, I've been looking for one that looks a lot like MAC's Underage lipglass, and Sweet Sunrise is almost a perfect match. So, if you like Underage as a nude, than you will probably like Sweet Sunrise too! :)

HoneyMilk

Sweet Sunrise looks amazing on me. It's MLBB though makes them a bit less pigmented. I look chic not dead. So in love!!!

PixieDancer

Thanks guys!
girlhaha.gif
It was real quick. But that's the nicest thing about this collection... Perfect for "natural" days! Without being boring!

duckrodeo

I had a chance to swatch the Nude lippies in person. I was anticipating walking away with A Perfect Day because I love my Naked Bliss and APD seemed like a good lighter substitute. Surpsisingly, I was won over by Sweet Sunrise. I'm NC15 and while my lips are very rosy and pigmented, Sweet Sunrise gives me a very light complimentary pinky shade. I also hauled Fresh Air l/g to pair with SS. Now I'm ready to bring on some bold-colored smokey eyes :)

singer82

Oh crap I shouldnt have come to this thread!! lol I'm wanting a blush again. Welp, I have to get Famously Fab from TdF for sure, so one might hop into my order
sneaky.gif

Pixie you look amazing! I'm so jealous of your eyes, damn my Filipino eyelids! lol

Thia Winter

LOVELY Pixie!

I got to go to the counter yesterday HOORAY! But I have to go back....I got three of the lipglasses; the wee coquette, fresh air and naked space and they ALL smell and taste like plastic and I can't stand it. Sigh....that stinks cause I loved every one of the colors.

I did get the following too:

Twilight Falls
Cloudy Afternoon
A Perfect Day
Beach Sand
Sweet Sunrise
Blonde MSF (my first one other than MSFN)

and also a few other things not from this collection. Can't wait to use them today!

Dreaming Dancer

You are so gorgeous! This look makes me want the MES now and i never use the MES.

Tarte Exposed Blush
Redhead to Highlight

bis

Love your looks Pixie! You look so beautiful :) The bold lipsticks from IA will be great on you.