MAC Nudes & Metallics Collection (April 2013) Pro Store Only

Icecaramellatte

Yes I purchased all of the shadows about a month ago in a phone order and backed them all up when the collection went love online. I love them all but it's not my number 1 of the Nudes. There are no duds in the shadows in my opinion.
Just curious, what is your number 1 of the Nudes? Now you have me rethinking Barefaced.

JJJewels

I thought holidays when I swatched it...all Fall feeling. Well...some are a little reminiscent of the 90's - 90210, Party of Five...that whole look lol. I actually love that though.
That's why my friend called Pre-Raphaelite "Neve Campbell 90s". I remember having a similar Mac lipstick in the 90s called Brown Sugar. I love it!

butterflyeyes

Forgive me if this question but is this limited edition?
Yes it's LE.
Just curious, what is your number 1 of the Nudes?  Now you have me rethinking Barefaced.
My #1 is Glimpse of Flesh.
That's why my friend called Pre-Raphaelite "Neve Campbell 90s". I remember having a similar Mac lipstick in the 90s called Brown Sugar. I love it!
That description is spot on!
I have no idea if I want anything from this collection...it seems like a skip for me.
Hmmmm...I guess it depends on your preferences. I would steer people towards the shadows universally because I think this is a collection that anyone can wear. The lipsticks in the Metallics side may be too deep and dark for some people to feel comfortable in (although they are beautiful and wearable). Nude lipsticks are tricky...but also the easiest to tweak IMO. Most nudes I have to adjust with a chocolate liner (faint use of it just to tweak the shade a little) but I don't have to with Wholesome. I do it sometimes just because I want to but it's a straight from the tube and good neutral for me. This is one of those collections that MAC should make permanent.

Serenityy

Okay I admit it, I was too quick to write off Pre-Raphaelite. I only tried it once and did not like it so I gave it to my mom. Fast forward to today, since lurking this thread I decided to try Pre-Raphaelite again and wow I see what you all mean now. I like it, a lot. Now I have to see if my mom will give it back. :poke:
5f7bcdcc_image.jpeg

missmeghan

Having worn Crimson Tryst before, I know it's not a "tame" shade at all... so I'm torn. I looove it, but I really need to stop buying things I'll rarely ever wear
001_unsure.gif

butterflyeyes

4202296e_image.jpeg
My black box arrived! My excitement was a little less than it was the first go around because most of this was just back ups. I finally got my Stylish Me blush. I'm most excited to finally get my Naked Deep Dark pigment. Also added Dominate to the collection and got yet another 239 brush...it's my workhorse MAC brush lol

butterflyeyes

Okay I admit it, I was too quick to write off Pre-Raphaelite. I only tried it once and did not like it so I gave it to my mom. Fast forward to today, since lurking this thread I decided to try Pre-Raphaelite again and wow I see what you all mean now. I like it, a lot. Now I have to see if my mom will give it back. :poke:
5f7bcdcc_image.jpeg
So pretty on you! Mom is going to make you buy it again for sure if it looks as pretty on her lol

Serenityy

So pretty on you! Mom is going to make you buy it again for sure if it looks as pretty on her lol
Thanks! I have a feeling I'm going to have to buy it again since she does wear it more than the other lipsticks she have. She made me buy another Caliente lipstick from the TR collection because she fell in love with mine and kept it for herself
sigh.gif

diamonddiva

Hmmmm...I guess it depends on your preferences. I would steer people towards the shadows universally because I think this is a collection that anyone can wear. The lipsticks in the Metallics side may be too deep and dark for some people to feel comfortable in (although they are beautiful and wearable). Nude lipsticks are tricky...but also the easiest to tweak IMO. Most nudes I have to adjust with a chocolate liner (faint use of it just to tweak the shade a little) but I don't have to with Wholesome. I do it sometimes just because I want to but it's a straight from the tube and good neutral for me. This is one of those collections that MAC should make permanent.
Thanks... I was going back and forth between Wholesome and Restrained lipsticks...but I have so many nudes: Siss, Peachstock, Freckletone, Half N' Half, Honey Love...etc. I think Brazenly looks gorgeous. I heard Exposed was a great highlight color for deep skin tones, but I'm not so sure... What do you think?

butterflyeyes

Thanks... I was going back and forth between Wholesome and Restrained lipsticks...but I have so many nudes: Siss, Peachstock, Freckletone, Half N' Half, Honey Love...etc. I think Brazenly looks gorgeous. I heard Exposed was a great highlight color for deep skin tones, but I'm not so sure... What do you think?
It can be. Just depends on how deep the skin tone is. I can't use if as such on myself. Bare Minimum is better for me. Exposed is too deep for me to use as a highlighter.

ahoythere

So I totally caved last night and bought 6 of the 8 shadows online from the MAC US site ( I am in the UK), but after scoring Brazenly and Dominate (thanks, Hubby!) when the collection came out a few months back I knew that I couldn't pass up the chance to back up Brazenly, and to get its brothers and sisters. Usually after pulling the trigger on an impulsive haul I get the guilt twitches, but I feel 100% good about all the shadows I got, I just KNOW that they are all going to be loved!

diamonddiva

It can be. Just depends on how deep the skin tone is. I can't use if as such on myself. Bare Minimum is better for me. Exposed is too deep for me to use as a highlighter.
Oh ok. When I saw the swatch of Exposed I thought it was dark as well. I wear NW45-47 depending on the formula of foundation. I have been using NW40 concealer as a highlight, so it would be nice to have an eyeshadow to set the concealer so that it can stay put.

Latest posts