MAC Nudes & Metallics Collection (April 2013) Pro Store Only

valkolak

Ordered Love's Lure, Crimson Tryst and Barefaced. Can't wait to get these goodies! I want to use the shadows in the center of the lid with an otherwise black or dark brown smoky eye or in the crease with a smoky eye. Barefaced just looked so nice in Karen's swatch. It might be kindve a bronzer on me though.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Skipping this one... I don't see anything I have to have. Not even the Metallic shadows?
amazed.gif
Well... to be honest, I'm still trying to resist those. I love metallic shadows, but I want to skip these as I feel like I have something similar in my stash.

I was looking at the nude lippies as well, but I'm afraid they would not look good on me. Are there any must-haves for NC35? I think I'd rather buy from the permanent line though. The nude shadows seem dupe-able? And I don't like frosty metallic lipsticks on me.

butterflyeyes

Now all of a sudden I get an email about this collection. Man, they are late on this one!
I got the email a day after it released so I guess that's a little better. But I wonder why they bother sending the emails. They are always late and it's pointless for the highly anticipated collections. If you rely on the emails for those you'll miss out lol.
The nudes look so lovely, but I'm scared to order without trying them on first :/
Do you mean the lipsticks or the shadows? I'm the same way when it comes to nude lippies. They are so hit or miss...and most often it seems like a miss lol
Does anyone know of any MAC dupes for the nude eyeshadows?  
I can't think of any spot on dupes right off hand but I'm sure they aren't hard to find something similar. I'm happy with the actual texture of these and although I have nudes in my collection they are not something I would call dupes. Have you looked at T's review to see what dupes she may have listed for the nudes?

purplerinne

Just got back in town and got a voicemail that these are in the store!!! Hitting up the pro store after work...anyone need a CP?

NaomiH

I can't think of any spot on dupes right off hand but I'm sure they aren't hard to find something similar. I'm happy with the actual texture of these and although I have nudes in my collection they are not something I would call dupes. Have you looked at T's review to see what dupes she may have listed for the nudes?
The lippies.

JJJewels

I got the email on Friday but the text message today. Lame. However, the collection doesn't appear to be sold out in Canadia (<---- intended misspell there) so I guess that's ok while I hem and haw about what I should or shouldn't purchase. I love reds and purples. So tempting.
The nude lips (except Wholesome) are sold out though. I wanted Angel's Kiss and Nearly Nude.

JJJewels

(New here) I'm pretty fair (NW15) and I always feel as though nudes wash me out...would Angel's Kiss work do you think? Also, I bought the metallics e/s, couldn't resist, tempted by the nudes, are they worth it or are there perm. collection shadows comparable? I've always been more of a color person so nudes and neutral looks are new to me. :-D
I'm NW15 and will post pics tonight of me in Wholesome. It is actually perfect!

DMcG9

The nude lips (except Wholesome) are sold out though. I wanted Angel's Kiss and Nearly Nude. 
Ah, good to know. I don't gravitate to nudes but I perhaps should invest in a good one at some point, I'm just scared to look more ill then I have in the past year. I'm NW20 so not too far off your colouring. I wouldn't be surprised with my extreme sun avoidance if I'd be down around NW15 now.

macnc50diva

Oh I hope I didn't steer you wrong.  I googled it and Raizin looks a bit red on the face.  I just remembered how it looked in the pan.  Hopefully, someone with both will chime in.  I almost wish I didn't google it.  It looks spectacular on deeper skin tones.  Now I wonder if I could rock it as well.
Raizin has that burnt orangish thing under it, while stylish me looks more plum with brown undertones on my nc50. I hope that makes sense...

JJJewels

Ah, good to know. I don't gravitate to nudes but I perhaps should invest in a good one at some point, I'm just scared to look more ill then I have in the past year. I'm NW20 so not too far off your colouring. I wouldn't be surprised with my extreme sun avoidance if I'd be down around NW15 now.
You may like Wholesome. I'm going to post some swatches tonight. It's a nice NW15 nude!

BabysOnFire

Hey, all!!! I went back to lurking for a lonnnnng time here, but I figured I'm gonna start contributing some swatches/pics/reviews a little more often - nobody seems to mind a little extra enabling here, right?
sneaky.gif

I was having a reallllly crummy day but when I got home there was a little package on my doorstep and it made me feel a bit better! I ordered all 4 of the metallic lipsticks, and 3 of the metallic eyeshadows (Love's Lure, Brazenly and Crimson Tryst). I LOVE them all! The pictures don't quite do the lippies justice, they're so gorgeous in person!

(L-R: Dominate, Subverted, Pre-Raphaelite and Show-All)

(Indoor light, L-R: Dominate, Subverted, Pre-Raphaelite and Show-All)

(Direct sunlight, L-R: Dominate, Subverted, Pre-Raphaelite and Show-All)

Lip swatch of dominate - I'm trying to lie in the sun to show the metallic sheen but the pictures still don't do it justice.

My apologies for the crap phone photos, I'm working on getting a camera. I can come back later and do the eyeshadow swatches and more face swatches of the lippies if anyone is interested (just a little preoccupied at the moment)!

Copperhead

Hey, all!!! I went back to lurking for a lonnnnng time here, but I figured I'm gonna start contributing some swatches/pics/reviews a little more often - nobody seems to mind a little extra enabling here, right?
sneaky.gif

I was having a reallllly crummy day but when I got home there was a little package on my doorstep and it made me feel a bit better! I ordered all 4 of the metallic lipsticks, and 3 of the metallic eyeshadows (Love's Lure, Brazenly and Crimson Tryst). I LOVE them all! The pictures don't quite do the lippies justice, they're so gorgeous in person!

(L-R: Dominate, Subverted, Pre-Raphaelite and Show-All)

(Indoor light, L-R: Dominate, Subverted, Pre-Raphaelite and Show-All)

(Direct sunlight, L-R: Dominate, Subverted, Pre-Raphaelite and Show-All)

Lip swatch of dominate - I'm trying to lie in the sun to show the metallic sheen but the pictures still don't do it justice.

My apologies for the crap phone photos, I'm working on getting a camera. I can come back later and do the eyeshadow swatches and more face swatches of the lippies if anyone is interested (just a little preoccupied at the moment)!
Great swatches. Dominate looks great on you!