MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

Corally

I personally haven't made swatches to compare because I don't own WOG but I was going to go to the store compare the new WOG to my OD. When OD came out I heard it was a slight difference because WOG had a peachyness in it but it's not so huge you would notice. I just found these new swatches on IG. The first one is all the releases of WOG. I understand repromoting you can't make an exact dupliciate but I feel the 1st & 2nd are closer to each other than the one now (I actually like the first one the most). However I do feel they couldn't make the same from the 2nd release because the finish still looks a slight different too or maybe they were just lazy wanted to make a new color put it as WOG because MAC knew everyone would bomb rush for it regardless idk

All the releases of WOG Instagram

Original WOG vs OD Instagram

Wow the 'WOG' in the face compact is so different!! Definitely closer to OD. Now I'm able to pick up the compact without any guilt lol, I skipped OD last year because an evil voice inside me told me I didn't need OD because I already had the OG WOG. Big mistake lol.

Last edited:

lipstickaddict

Hudsons Bay customer service is horrific. I ordered the copper compact, the order "went through" but I never got a confirmation email or a payment confirmation (I paid with Paypal). I waited a day and then contacted cs, they didn't have record of the order at all. When I went back to see to get copper again it was out of stock (but still showed on the website as there). I contacted cs and they were clueless as to if they were getting more, then they said in-store on the 27th you can get them..ugh thanks that doesn't help me any.

Uggggg!!! That sucks! It sounds horrific!!! I have had orders cancelled weeks after purchase, and when the customer service rep cannot determine if the order can be filled or not! It's super frustrating. Nowadays, if there is something I want from The Bay, I stalk their website like a hawk so that I can get it from the warehouse and not a store. So sorry yours was cancelled! I hope you can get your hands on one somehow!

Last edited:

dcarrington

I really do believe it's oh darling that's why I decided not to get it since I have Oh Darling plus I want to save for Mariah's collection and the new EDSFs. I just watched this YouTube video and she had the old WOG compared to the new one. You can definitely tell the difference. The old WOD is more peachy and the new one is a true gold. But again it could be their new formula. Since every makeup brand is competing for the ultimate true gold highlight and who can shine the best, I think MAC changed it a little to stay with the hype.

Here's the link to the video it's at 4:30 MAC Nutcracker Sweet LIMITED EDITION Holiday 2016 Collection ♡ Review, Swatches, Comparisons & Demo - YouTube

THANK YOU!!! I swear I thought people weren't hearing me out because they thought I was crazy or just didn't want to believe it. There is more of a difference (or at least the same amount of difference) with thia WOG compared to the 2 OG WOGs than with Stereo Rose and Perfect Topping from the Fantasy of Flowers collection imho. I really don't see much of a difference with this WOG and Oh Darling. It's the same product to me in different packaging.
I find it strange that Temptalia would actually say this is the same WOG seeing how she was nit picking at the differences she saw in SR and PT. I would think she would have put this highly sought after EDSF under the same microscope.

dcarrington

On another note, the presale I did at my local MAC store fell through. They called me today and said they were only sent 2 WOG's to the store...(*coughing* as I say Bull Sh*t). They tokd me someone from the MAC Macy's will call me to create a presale with them. Am I really to believe that they only sent TWO copper face palletes to a very popular MAC store?? These MUA's are really hoarding product for personal sales.

NATlar

Ordered the two magic dust powders and I'll be getting the two duo compacts on Thursday when they release!

Rinstar

Nordic's cancelled my Sweet Copper order too. Now I am debating about it, since I have OD and don't use it that often...

NATlar

I did want both the face compacts but I'm just gonna go with the Peach Compact one I love both shades in that duo especially the highlight... I don't care for Whisper Of Guilt and I do love the blush in that palette but I'll pass!!

thefbomb

I really can't decide if I'm going to/should get So Good for You and Flamboyish. I love bold pinks. I have a ton in MAC and otherwise. Candy Yum Yum, Tats, No Faux Pas, All Fired Up, Girl About Town, Pink Pigeon, Be Silly. yeah I think I just made Flamboyish a skip for me lol.

i wonder if they'll have a sale on Holiday stuff again like last year. Then I might buy it. Does anyone remember when that was?

SleepingBeauty

I can't wait for it to launch in Germany. Been stalking the site since this morning but nothing so far... I can't decide which face compact to get. The Peach one would suit me better probably but the other one - duh, Whisper of Guilt! I could make Pleasure Model work, though. Probably.
What also is of interest to me is the mini lipstick set in Nude with Novelle Vogue, Kinda Sexy, Whirl, and Creme Cup. Or the nude lipbag, although I've got the lipliner already. Mhh.

montREALady

THANK YOU!!! I swear I thought people weren't hearing me out because they thought I was crazy or just didn't want to believe it. There is more of a difference (or at least the same amount of difference) with thia WOG compared to the 2 OG WOGs than with Stereo Rose and Perfect Topping from the Fantasy of Flowers collection imho. I really don't see much of a difference with this WOG and Oh Darling. It's the same product to me in different packaging.
I find it strange that Temptalia would actually say this is the same WOG seeing how she was nit picking at the differences she saw in SR and PT. I would think she would have put this highly sought after EDSF under the same microscope.

I think it's just not a big deal to some, lmaooo, they want it anyway because it's called WoG! God knows I don't need a new highlighter but I buy many similar :( It seems to be swatching differently on different people so maybe they're the same on/to T. Especially since you said she nitpicks. Plus people swatch one product with two swipes, then the other once, one is more blended, etc. so they can look different. And we all know what something looks like in the pan doesn't always translate the same way on skin. So there's that. Do you have the new WoG and OD to compare or are you going by a hunch because they look the same in swatches you've seen?

Corally

Only two nights away!! (I hope at least!) I've been casually stalking since last week so I'm so glad when it's finally time to fill my basket with all the stuff I want.

montREALady

I really can't decide if I'm going to/should get So Good for You and Flamboyish. I love bold pinks. I have a ton in MAC and otherwise. Candy Yum Yum, Tats, No Faux Pas, All Fired Up, Girl About Town, Pink Pigeon, Be Silly. yeah I think I just made Flamboyish a skip for me lol.

i wonder if they'll have a sale on Holiday stuff again like last year. Then I might buy it. Does anyone remember when that was?
I think around Black Friday it started.

dcarrington

I think it's just not a big deal to some, lmaooo, they want it anyway because it's called WoG! God knows I don't need a new highlighter but I buy many similar :( It seems to be swatching differently on different people so maybe they're the same on/to T. Especially since you said she nitpicks. Plus people swatch one product with two swipes, then the other once, one is more blended, etc. so they can look different. And we all know what something looks like in the pan doesn't always translate the same way on skin. So there's that. Do you have the new WoG and OD to compare or are you going by a hunch because they look the same in swatches you've seen?

I have an "opportunity" to compare the two tomorrow when I do a presale at my local Macy's. I thought about what you just mentioned regarding people using heavier swatches to lighter swatches but what stands out to me is that in ALL the swatches, WOG '16 looks exaxtly like Oh Darling. Oh Darling was considered (please correct me if I'm wrong) the closest dupe to WOG with Oh Darling being sited as more golden and WOG more peachy. The difference was enough for MAC to give it a whole new name. With this realease of WOG, the swatches of it next to OD are identical on all the skintones I've seen swatch it. The same can't be said with og WOG and WOG '16.

And you are most likely right maybe people don't care enough. It just annoys me because its like they didn't even make an effort to lie to us. They gave us less of this very sought after "HG" highlighter in a duo pallete and sold it to us following the last holiday collection with basically the same highlighter. For all this they should have just named last year's edsf WOG instead of OD.