MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

lustreglam

I went to go get some of the collection today and I was thrilled at how beautiful it was! I managed to get a Copper Face Palette, the Peach Face Palette, two eyeshadows (Forward March and Pretty Dainty are beautiful!), and Sweet Vision the Powder and Saucy little darling lipstick. I so wanted more but its all I could afford! I'm in love with my items! Love love the colors of this collection.

lustreglam

Oh and I originally was not going to get the Sweet Peach but Tutu is beautiful! I was so wowed, I had to buy!

NATlar

The only thing sold out on the UK site is Sweet Vision... I'm surprised the Peach and Copper face compacts are still in stock!

awickedshape

So my Nordies MAC and I must be in some type of an abusive relationship. I called about preordering, but was told no. I called this am and was told copper was sold out b/c of preorders. ***SIGH***. Now I was ticked, but it's been a bad week. The kind where you realize life is more important than makeup. HOWEVEVER, I'm in the anger stage of my grief, so when I went in to swatch, and those heffa's saw me and acted like we were best friends I threw shade. So I'm not angry that you lied, but I'm pissed enough to swatch and place the rest of my order online. Eff your sales goals. THen I went over to shoes b/c I worked 15 hours on set 3 days in a row and my feet were going to die. Dude was the absolute worst sales person ever. TOld him what I was looking for and he offered no help. I wish I got a FT rep and not someone who is there for seasonal help. I always get good suggestions from my normal guys. I walked over to the walking company and almost dropped a 1000 on shoes. I just might and walk back through Nordies like Julia Roberts did on Pretty Woman.

I hope everything will be ok

Prettypackages

*giggling* at Shars. Now that, I'll take and would have given away a LE item. Thanks again ladies, I'm ok. My friend lost her battle to metastatic breast cancer Monday. I think the grief has come through as anger the past few days. I'm not snapping on anyone, but I have a very short temper. Ok, shorter than normal. It's been a crazy year... I swear we're too young for this.

amillion

Yours too? UGH!!! Totally disappointed. They are usually good at tracking their inventory.I wonder if the issueisactually on MAC's end ...would not be surprised.

So now that the Copper Palette appears to be out ofmy grasp....anyone have a good due for Pleasure Model? I looked at the ones that Temptalia listed but I wanted to get some additional input. I'm leaning towards NARS Gina or Becca Blushed Copper. Any other suggestions? I only wanted the palette for Pleasure Model so I am disappointed.

I have the original in compact Pleasure model and now the one in the sweet copper compact. I hate to say it but even those aren't the same. The one in the original pan is more pigmented and more terra-cotta. The one in the sweet copper compact pulled very ashy on me lol.Mac tried to pull a fast one here. Try to get your hands on the original in compact PM if you can. Blushed copper is nowhere near the original Pleasure model or sweet copper face palette version.

awickedshape

*giggling* at Shars. Now that, I'll take and would have given away a LE item. Thanks again ladies, I'm ok. My friend lost her battle to metastatic breast cancer Monday. I think the grief has come through as anger the past few days. I'm not snapping on anyone, but I have a very short temper. Ok, shorter than normal. It's been a crazy year... I swear we're too young for this.

Oh, God that's rough.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Shars

Oh no. I think you had mentioned when she first got diagnosed! I'm so sorry to hear.

boschicka

So I swung by my Mac store to pick up my Copper palette. The sales lady and I both thought the peach palette would look better on me (NC/NW 15) but nope it did not. The Whisper of Gilt popped more on me than Tutu. And At Dusk was too light and was going to need serious work to build it. I thought Pleasure Model would be too coppery and dark for me, but it really wasn't. I'm in love. My store had just a couple of copper left to sell. They did presell and then had already sold a couple this morning (I went by during lunch).

I had gone back and forth on Sweet Vision. I initially LOVED it based on online swatches. Then wasn't sure about spending $$$ and then saw in store when I walked in and wasn't sure....and then she put it on me...wow. I was stunned by how nice it looked and how nice it felt on my skin. I had planned on getting Warm Soul in next couple of weeks but Sweet Vision swatched really similar on me. Really similar. Warm Soul is more warm but Sweet Vision was so close and it's limited edition...so I got that. I can get Warm Soul anytime since it's permanent. (though sorta regretting not ordering Sweet Vision online so I could get the samples but I was in store and didn't know if would sell out or not.) So I used the rest of my birthday money for my purchases.

Even though I had seen so much stuff online....It was still amazing to see the depth, breath and amount of products in this collection. I was really impressed. I loved, loved the Smokey Mauve in the sweet Plum eyes collection. I would love to buy that if sold alone but I couldn't justify the $$$ for the entire set so I didn't get it. I'm not sure if I would use the pot, don't need the mascara or the liner (though I did like the liner).

I also really liked the Flowers Dance eyeshadow. It felt so creamy and looked so good but again since I was getting two items I couldn't justify the $$$ and I bought 2 MMB in the Selena collection.

I did swatch the Yum Yum Yum fairy dust....and let me tell you...the swatches that made it look like crappy that were posted here...they don't do the crap justice LOL. Wow. I'm pretty darn fair and it looked ashy on me! Ashy on me! It didn't go on near as nice or feel near as good as Sweet Vision. Weird how different two products can be.

I did think of getting a second copper palette but I didn't cause I was getting Sweet Vision and really couldn't justify anymore money. I had planned to get just one thing and here I walked out with two....I'm proud of myself that it wasn't more LOL. I bet my store is sold out by the end of the day.

The only thing that was sold out by noon was the gold glitter set. It was gone based on presale they said.

Hope this helps. Thanks everyone for all your great posts, swatches, insights but damn you for enabling me! :rofl:

Smoky Mauve is available as a single. Extra Dimension Eye Shadow | MAC Cosmetics - Official Site

DeAnn Smith

Whoah, that's awesome. Thank you so much! Though, after reading Karen and some other reviews....I am intrigued by the paint pot. I've never used one. I'd love to hear thoughts on them. Of course, WOG is my first highlighter too to use!

So in other words, the plum eye bag is calling my name. I'm trying to ignore the siren song cause no money!!!

Last edited:

Divinity

3 orders and one drive to the store later I am done hauling. I got sold on the nordies exclusive, yyy, and the lipgloss kit last minute.