MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

NATlar

Picture doesn't do these justice... I'm all about Pleasure Model blush and the Peach palette that tutu highlight abosolutely stunning!! I'm just waiting on my Magic Dust powders should be here tomorrow and my nude lip bag :D

I'm NC15 if anyone is wondering!

IMG_0108.JPG

Last edited:

missjulie

I'm so dissappointed, the face compacts and SV are already sold out on the Hungarian MAC site... I called them, and they have no idea if it will be restocked. Those are the 3 items I really wanted... They were available last night, I was just really tired and thought I would just order them today. Well, so much for that. These MAC stock problems are so frustrating. I'm just hoping the stores get their products from a separate stock, so I can get my hands on those next week when the collection launches in stores as well. It just seems so absurd that the most popular products of the holiday collection are already sold out at the end of October.
By the way Rabblerouser is listed as "Midnight Royale" on our site for some reason. I wonder if that's just a mistake, or if it is also labeled differenty here.

filio

In the netherlands a departement store release the collection today and I walked in to check everything out. Nothing was sold out at 18:00 but I was in Amsterdam and there where lots of toerist that werent looking at the collection and swatched the Copper compact loved the blush and highlighter. A heavy swatch of wog does look almost the same/the same as od (i couldnt swatch it next to each other but to me it did) but blended it looked peachier and was easier to blend in than od the blush pm reminded me of burnt peper.

The peach compact didnt look flatterling on me too blue pink and highlighter was too stark
The magic dust powder in yum yum swatched horibel on me it was stiff and ofcourse too ligt.

Cant wait to receive my order.

PS there might be some spelling errors but my phone autocorrects to dutch...

jackiegeee

I have been so out of the loop on everything Mac for the past few weeks because I haven't had a chance to catch up here, so I was really sad when I found out about the Sweet Copper duo AFTER it sold out on Mac's website. Then today I happened to check Nordstrom and there it was! Placed my order and can't wait to get it! I think I need a few of the sets too... really like the look of the nude lip bag and a few of the brush sets. Having a hard time making up my mind, though!

lipstickaddict

My goodies finally arrived in the mail yesterday. Love everything and especially SV and Saucy Little Darling. Sld is like Flamingo lipstick on steroids! It's absolutely stunning. Definitely backing it up. Both face palettes are beautiful. Can't wait to try them!

missjulie

Maybe I'll be able to get my hands on the compacts and SV after all. I went by the closest MAC store today after work, and I saw there were boxes all around the store, the new collections literally just arrived (here MAC always launches new collections on the 1st day of the month, at least in stores, the webshop is really random). They still haven't unpacked, and the store was quite busy so the MUA couldn't tell me if they got the items I wanted (because sometimes some items just don't arrive), but she told me if I give them a call on launch day they would gladly hold them for me until I can go pick them up. Now I'm just really really hoping they got the compacts and SV.

javadoo

I got both face compacts, SV and YYY.
I love SV and the copper face palette...but YYY and the peach face will be going back. Just not impressed with them at all.

Jayjayy

I just picked up my Sweet Copper and it's absolutely beautiful! WoG talk/comparisons aside, it's simply a great product. And the blush is very nice on my deep skin. I can see it looking even better on tan skin. The packaging is alright...reminds me of a Christmas ornament a child made years ago, that parents keep forever lol. No regrets from me :cloud9:

dcarrington

[MENTION=100307]montREALady[/MENTION] Dang! I just woke up from my 2 hour nap nd finally caught up with the thread. Thank you so much for doing those swatches for us. They were very thorough and detailed.
I picked up my presalw of the copper pallete yesterday and lightly watched it today. I LOVED the formula but the color...was meh to me. I know it was so so to me only because I have similar colors in my collection. WOG has been duped to inifinity by so many companys from drugstore to high end.

And I feel the same way as you regarding Shaft of Gold. That was a sleeper hit to me. It looked freakin hot as heck as a contour or blush on lighter skin tones and ad a beautiful highlighter on deeper skin tones.

I have WOG '16 but I am contemplating giving it to my neice since she doesn't have ANY highlighters in that family. She just rocks Becca's Topaz.

By the way [MENTION=100307]montREALady[/MENTION], maybe you should a blog like Karen. Since MAC is putting more focus on their PR, I can really see them sending you stuff and you doing great reviews! You are great at reviews!

I tried SV and THAT is a beautiful blush!! I am wondering If I should pick it up but this Mac in the spotlight collection looks like it want ALL my coins. As a matter of fact, let me go to that group chat now since I haven't been there yet.

montREALady

@montREALady Dang! I just woke up from my 2 hour nap nd finally caught up with the thread. Thank you so much for doing those swatches for us. They were very thorough and detailed.
I picked up my presalw of the copper pallete yesterday and lightly watched it today. I LOVED the formula but the color...was meh to me. I know it was so so to me only because I have similar colors in my collection. WOG has been duped to inifinity by so many companys from drugstore to high end.

And I feel the same way as you regarding Shaft of Gold. That was a sleeper hit to me. It looked freakin hot as heck as a contour or blush on lighter skin tones and ad a beautiful highlighter on deeper skin tones.

I have WOG '16 but I am contemplating giving it to my neice since she doesn't have ANY highlighters in that family. She just rocks Becca's Topaz.

By the way @montREALady, maybe you should a blog like Karen. Since MAC is putting more focus on their PR, I can really see them sending you stuff and you doing great reviews! You are great at reviews!

I tried SV and THAT is a beautiful blush!! I am wondering If I should pick it up but this Mac in the spotlight collection looks like it want ALL my coins. As a matter of fact, let me go to that group chat now since I haven't been there yet.

Oh sweet of you! I do have a blog (link below), but it's so hard keeping up with a 9-5, two kids, a husband, and I know many people do it but I'm just exhaaausted when I get home and hubby is always judging saying I'm on my phone ignoring the kids, etc. I'm trying though. All he thinks about is "is it making money?", not realizing you have to work A LOT to even get to that point:rolleyes: I'm always trying to build my IG following but even that isn't a great indicator because at The Makeup Show I went to a seminar and this big wig agent was like "These Instafamous people, who are their followers? The majority are a bunch of people who have nothing to do with makeup, the industry, nothing. How do they validate you?", etc. He went IN! But they're influencers, right? Companies find them valuable and use that as a gauge so I'm going to keep on trucking.

Back to this thread, loving SV, used it as a topper on top of NYX Electro today (just realized I forgot to put that on my IG, lol). I asked my sis to get me YYY. Spotlight is perm I believe so I'm not going to rush but I think I only want one since I have ABH Moondust.

Oh and I swatched again today on my IG with my untouched WoG and it looked almost identical to OD. I give up on that whole topic, lol.

montREALady

I just picked up my Sweet Copper and it's absolutely beautiful! WoG talk/comparisons aside, it's simply a great product. And the blush is very nice on my deep skin. I can see it looking even better on tan skin. The packaging is alright...reminds me of a Christmas ornament a child made years ago, that parents keep forever lol. No regrets from me :cloud9:
Ditto. I have to try to use it over the weekend. Love Pleasure Model, can't wait to see it on my actual cheeks. Gives me a Clinique Cola Pop vibe looking at it. It may be lighter though. I should compare them.

NATlar

I did have to swatch Yum Yum Yum a few times to build up the colour but it's so pretty glad I got it but Sweet Vision is absolutely beautiful and melts onto the skin like a dream!

IMG_0118.JPG

Last edited:

SleepingBeauty

I actually ordered the Mini Lipkit in Nude. Not a big fan of Creme Cup or Kinda Sexy but I think I can make Kinda Sexy work by using a cool toned lipliner underneath. I don't know if I should pick anything else up when it launches next Wednesday... I like the Face Compacts und the Nude Lipbag but I don't know. I always buy LE stuff and end up selling it months later for half the price.

Latest posts