MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

dcarrington

I just saw some more swatches of WOG and Oh Darling. They look identical. They both swatch wonderfully and have a lot of pigmentation. I have two OD's so I think I will just stick to buying just one copper palette and one SV. I want to get a few things from sephora and the upcoming mac collections. The packaging ALWAYS seems to get me. The packaging last year for oh darling is just beyond beautiful tho'.

laurennnxox

I would love to see swatches of Sweet Vision and Becca Rose Spritz side-by-side if anyone is willing. Still not sure about getting SV. Thanks!

I think they're different enough. But I am a pinky-coral / glowy blush hoarder... so... :p

image4.jpg
image5.jpg

BAH, why do my photos load rotated?

Anyway, Left is Sweet Vision and Right is Rose Spritz. Top photo is bold swatches, and bottom I blended them out a bit.

Rose Spritz is more pink, more glowy, and the "gold" in it seems lighter and more champagne to me.
Sweet Vision is more of an orange leaning coral, not as glowy, and the gold tones in this shade is more yellow.

I love them both! :)

laurennnxox

image3.jpg

Here are some more swatches. :)

Left to Right: Sweet Vision, Yum Yum Yum, Copper Face Compact, Peach Face Compact.
All are one swipe except YYY and Pleasure Model which needed some building, but not too bad.

I'm DYING for Tutu in SPF. Seriously, it's beautiful. That was one solid swipe! I'm also loving the packaging on the face compacts. I'm contemplating getting a BU of Peach Face Compact!

Sweetyellow

View attachment 57084

Left to Right: Sweet Vision, Yum Yum Yum, Copper Face Compact, Peach Face Compact.
All are one swipe except YYY and Pleasure Model which needed some building, but not too bad.

I'm DYING for Tutu in SPF. Seriously, it's beautiful. That was one solid swipe! I'm also loving the packaging on the face compacts. I'm contemplating getting a BU of Peach Face Compact!

Thank you for these swatches!! Loving how SV looks. I cannot wait to receive mine next week.

Oh, and if you're contemplating a BU of the Peach Face Compact, you'll have some time. I don't think that will sell out.

Corally

I think they're different enough. But I am a pinky-coral / glowy blush hoarder... so... :p

View attachment 57082
View attachment 57083

Anyway, Left is Sweet Vision and Right is Rose Spritz. Top photo is bold swatches, and bottom I blended them out a bit.

Rose Spritz is more pink, more glowy, and the "gold" in it seems lighter and more champagne to me.
Sweet Vision is more of an orange leaning coral, not as glowy, and the gold tones in this shade is more yellow.

Noooo you make me want to get Sweet Vision. I'm actually thinking about skipping the copper face compact and getting SV instead (since I already have WOG and I still hate the packaging of the face compacts lol).

laurennnxox

Thank you for these swatches!! Loving how SV looks. I cannot wait to receive mine next week.

Oh, and if you're contemplating a BU of the Peach Face Compact, you'll have some time. I don't think that will sell out.

SV is really beautiful! I will definitely get use out of it.
And that's good to know! I know it's not in as high demand as copper.

Noooo you make me want to get Sweet Vision. I'm actually thinking about skipping the copper face compact and getting SV instead (since I already have WOG and I still hate the packaging of the face compacts lol).

LOL! Geeetttt iittttt. Sorry, I'm no help. :rolleyes:
It's really nice and pigmented for sure.

dcarrington

View attachment 57084

Uuhhhh, yes Tutu looks like it was made for you!! I can easily see why you would back that one up.

dcarrington

This collection is making me love last year's holiday collection all over again. I like how MAC is trying to stay in the game and bringing out collections that get people talking again. They had a looooonnnngggg run of bad/lack luster collections.

filio

Are you thinking about sweet peach because that one would look pretty on you

allthingsglam

I hope Mac decide to make tutu highlighter oneday on its own I love it I don't want to buy a back up with the blush but it's just a pretty and soft highlighter

allthingsglam

View attachment 57084

Beautiful swatches I agree I love tutu too

elegant-one

View attachment 57084

Gorgeous on you!!! :cloud9: Thanks

lipstickaddict

View attachment 57082
View attachment 57083

Great swatches! After seeing SV on you I am SO so glad I bought it! Just gorgeous and exactly what I was hoping for:) Thank you!

lipstickaddict

View attachment 57084

No doubt! The peach face compact is GORGEOUS on you! I picked that one up too, and the copper. I have always loved At Dusk blush and wanted a BU so it was a win win! Seeing your swatches I am totally excited to get my makeup!!!

Monsy

sweet peach palette (my hand is between nc15/nc20) blush had to be swatched heavily to show up. highlighter is only one swipe and it is gorgeous and pigmented

_DSC3255.JPG

Latest posts