MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

NATlar

No nude lip bag :(?

Oh I totally forgot about that haha.... I watched Sam Schuerman swatch video and she's made me want it even more the lipstick is stunning!!

Skip to 4:38 if you haven't seen it the shades are so pretty :D gonna order that on Thursday when they release the full collection as they've only released the single lipsticks, eye shadows and magic dust powders early.

NEW M.A.C Nutcracker Sweet Holiday 2016 | First Look & Swatches | Vlogtober Day 24 - YouTube

Last edited:

rockin

I had an email inviting me to buy from a VIP preview of the colour collection, so I've ordered my single items. Now wondering if they'll do the same for the sets.

Corally

Oh I totally forgot about that haha.... I watched Sam Schuerman swatch video and she's made me want it even more the lipstick is stunning!!

Skip to 4:38 if you haven't seen it the shades are so pretty :D gonna order that on Thursday when they release the full collection as they've only released the single lipsticks, eye shadows and magic dust powders early.

NEW M.A.C Nutcracker Sweet Holiday 2016 | First Look & Swatches | Vlogtober Day 24 - YouTube

How could you forget about it!! lol jk

The set looks sooooo pretty in her vid! And I'm still so happy the lippie is a cremesheen and not a lustre :heart: Glad you're still getting it :D

I really like her btw, never heard of her before but I just got subbed after watching the entire vid haha.

And weird that only a couple of things released here in the UK.. I really hope every part of the collection will be released here on Thursday too on the MAC website, the only blogger in Holland who has some info isn't entirely sure because they still haven't sent her (or others) the press info yet. So I have no idea about the dates, prices, (online/store) exclusives etc. and that really sucks.

NATlar

How could you forget about it!! lol jk

The set looks sooooo pretty in her vid! And I'm still so happy the lippie is a cremesheen and not a lustre :heart: Glad you're still getting it :D

I really like her btw, never heard of her before but I just got subbed after watching the entire vid haha.

And weird that only a couple of things released here in the UK.. I really hope every part of the collection will be released here on Thursday too on the MAC website, the only blogger in Holland who has some info isn't entirely sure because they still haven't sent her (or others) the press info yet. So I have no idea about the dates, prices, (online/store) exclusives etc. and that really sucks.

I'm glad it's a cremesheen too would take that finish over lustre anyday! I know i'll get so much use out of the lipstick and liner but maybe not the gloss much as I'm not much of a gloss person but the set is worth it :D

Sam Schuerman is amazing you'll love her :D It's good of them to release some of the collection early but that isn't what everyone wants it's the face compact duos and gift sets hope you end up getting what you want... I'm gonna well be stalking the site from tomorrow night haha!

lyseD

Thanks for the link. I think I want that mineralized set with global glow. So pretty.

smileyt06

I cancelled my order on the sweet copper compact. I have gilded honey, oh darling, king tut, so fucking gold, and other highlighters that look like WOG. I can tell I'm getting content with my collection. I can't justify spending that now if it were by itself I would most likely do it but I don't care for pleasure model too much.

montREALady

I would love to see swatches of Sweet Vision and Becca Rose Spritz side-by-side if anyone is willing. Still not sure about getting SV. Thanks!

Got my SV today but of course it's dark early now so I was only able to swatch with flash. SV definitely has more gold in it and RS is a bit brighter, but they are similar with SV leaning more peach and RS more pinky. RS is also more more pigmented but like a reviewer said, SV is more like a blush than a "dust powder".

1477444035033_wm.jpg

[video=youtube_share;_CTqWoG2P2g]https://youtu.be/_CTqWoG2P2g[/video]

Updated with a day shot:
1477487512297_wm.jpg

[video=youtube_share;1YxI6oUBEeo]https://youtu.be/1YxI6oUBEeo[/video]

Last edited:

montREALady

I have an "opportunity" to compare the two tomorrow when I do a presale at my local Macy's. I thought about what you just mentioned regarding people using heavier swatches to lighter swatches but what stands out to me is that in ALL the swatches, WOG '16 looks exaxtly like Oh Darling. Oh Darling was considered (please correct me if I'm wrong) the closest dupe to WOG with Oh Darling being sited as more golden and WOG more peachy. The difference was enough for MAC to give it a whole new name. With this realease of WOG, the swatches of it next to OD are identical on all the skintones I've seen swatch it. The same can't be said with og WOG and WOG '16.

And you are most likely right maybe people don't care enough. It just annoys me because its like they didn't even make an effort to lie to us. They gave us less of this very sought after "HG" highlighter in a duo pallete and sold it to us following the last holiday collection with basically the same highlighter. For all this they should have just named last year's edsf WOG instead of OD.

Yeah MAC is full of games. I fell for it. I saw your other post. I thought you placed it with the MAC in Macy's Kings? I figure they get more stock than the store. I never go to that store when I'm in there, lmao! I hope you get it...if you want it, lol. Macy's better don't play with me! I did it in the store and have my physical receipt and the email version. I'm actually going to call them. Anyone ever pick up their order early?

Divinity

So I'm hauling my cookies over an hour to pick up the copper palette I bought presale. As long as I'm going, what are the must haves? I did order saucy lippie and SV through nordies but I haven't seen the bags. Many thanks to my fellow enablers in advance!

montREALady

Yeah MAC is full of games. I fell for it. I saw your other post. I thought you placed it with the MAC in Macy's Kings? I figure they get more stock than the store. I never go to that store when I'm in there, lmao! I hope you get it...if you want it, lol. Macy's better don't play with me! I did it in the store and have my physical receipt and the email version. I'm actually going to call them. Anyone ever pick up their order early?

So I'm hauling my cookies over an hour to pick up the copper palette I bought presale. As long as I'm going, what are the must haves? I did order saucy lippie and SV through nordies but I haven't seen the bags. Many thanks to my fellow enablers in advance!

I just called my Macy's and they told me tomorrow. I'm going to go today to swatch my OD with WoG. The MAC girl told me in their training her manager had her og WoG and they did a swatch comparison with the new one and they were identical.

filio

I just called my Macy's and they told me tomorrow. I'm going to go today to swatch my OD with WoG. The MAC girl told me in their training her manager had her og WoG and they did a swatch comparison with the new one and they were identical.

It think it also depends on the undertones of your skin I think when your more yellow toned you pull more yellow tones. + when OD was released it was similar to WoG.

alle685

I cancelled my order on the sweet copper compact. I have gilded honey, oh darling, king tut, so fucking gold, and other highlighters that look like WOG. I can tell I'm getting content with my collection. I can't justify spending that now if it were by itself I would most likely do it but I don't care for pleasure model too much.

You have awesome will power.

montREALady

It think it also depends on the undertones of your skin I think when your more yellow toned you pull more yellow tones. + when OD was released it was similar to WoG.

This too for sure but when the same person has all three swatched on their hand and they look different, that's the issue.

alle685

She absolutely does. I wish I did. I can turn it off sometimes, the makeup buying, but when I'm on, I'm pretty much on. Within my budget, lmao!

I feel ya...*sighs* I told myself I need to go on a low buy cause I have been spending way too much but MAC just keeps releasing stuff I want...And I haven't even factored in Black Friday Sales yet. :blush:

filio

This too for sure but when the same person has all three swatched on their hand and they look different, that's the issue.

That doesnt sound good.. Well at least I like last years oh darling (shaft of gold is more dailyfriendly for me)should I go though IG for swatches or I just wait till I receive my package and be half disappointed because I still like the blush shade in this compact. And I only paid 10 dollars soo. But its strange because last years got a different name while it looked similar but not the same and this year they decide to name WoG but its not the same or too different.

Tarabotti

I'm going to swatch some items tomorrow (when I pick up my WOG) - I need to see how they look on me before/if I do a haul. The lipsticks look nice but I probably have dupes of them. YumYumYum and Sweet vision are possibilities. I may pick up another WOG because I missed it when it launched way back when and I have to find my Oh Darling (lost somewhere in my house). Nothing else is calling to me but maybe if I go to the counter......I also need to save for other MAC collections coming up as well as sales from other retailers.

fur4elise

I feel ya...*sighs* I told myself I need to go on a low buy cause I have been spending way too much but MAC just keeps releasing stuff I want...And I haven't even factored in Black Friday Sales yet. :blush:
Oh...yeah...that...Has anyone else noticed how Black Friday has turned into Black Friday Month?! I swear the sales come hard and heavy 2 weeks into Nov and go until 2 weeks into December...and tbh I find that the better sales/discounts do not actually land on Black Friday!
thinking_emoti.jpg

montREALady

Just compared OD with the new WoG and OD pops more, it's really gold and seems more pigmented and WoG does have a peachy tone that isn't translating in pics. Everyone there thought I was crazy when I wanted to see if they were the same because they said they aren't. One MAC girl said WoG is better because it's more finely milled and cost more to make. I'm still trying to get better pics.

Updated w/pics

20161026_130807_wm.jpg

1477508948663_wm.jpg
(Two swipes each)

I basically think if you build up WoG, it will look like OD. Two swatches of each and WoG looked more faint, I added 1 more on WoG and it looked the same as OD. And sheered out on the face you won't be able to tell anyway. Outside and in the sun they were totally different and I definitely saw that peach undertone in WoG but then it would look almost like a gold-bronze at the same time!

Updated w/video
[video=youtube_share;rZg8BbejyJU]https://youtu.be/rZg8BbejyJU[/video]

Last edited:

alle685

Oh...yeah...that...Has anyone else noticed how Black Friday has turned into Black Friday Month?! I swear the sales come hard and heavy 2 weeks into Nov and go until 2 weeks into December...and tbh I find that the better sales/discounts do not actually land on Black Friday!
View attachment 57119

You are right - I do find better sales at other points in time but there are certain companies every year that have amazing Black Friday only deals that I stash away money for...