MAC Nutcracker Sweet Holiday Collection (2016)

ms.mad

Would appreciate any opinions ?????? I am interested in leap of delight lipstick. Punk couture is a dupe for it. LOD is a satin and Pc is matte finish. I can back to Mac and get punk couture. Temptalia rated LOD an a and rated PC a- claiming its blotchy! Any suggestion? Generally don't where these dark lip colors! I guess I would prefer a matte so it doesn't budge or get on everything! Help

shellygrrl

Staff member
Would appreciate any opinions ������ I am interested in leap of delight lipstick. Punk couture is a dupe for it. LOD is a satin and Pc is matte finish. I can back to Mac and get punk couture. Temptalia rated LOD an a and rated PC a- claiming its blotchy! Any suggestion? Generally don't where these dark lip colors! I guess I would prefer a matte so it doesn't budge or get on everything! Help

Keep in mind that just because Punk Couture applied blotchy on Christine's lips doesn't mean it will on yours. Everyone's different. The only way you can know for sure if it'll work on your lips is to go to a counter (if you can) and try it out.

montREALady

Ebates is 10% with Saks and of course they don't have the magic dust powders listed. :(
Of course not :rolleyes: Neither did Macy's but they eventually came around.

Very helpful :) I think they look different...now, are they different enough that I need both? Maaaaaybe. BUT I preordered the compact from my MAC store and I'm unbelievably excited!
I'm glad it was helpful. I'm excited too for some reason. I think I won't wear highlighter and blush tomorrow and put it on when I get it, lmaoo!

Does anyone who ordered the Sweet Copper when Nordies had it on backorder last week and it wasn't cancelled have their order as "Delayed"? This thing is stressing me out lol. I'd be so annoyed if I pass on ordering it from a store tomorrow only for them to cancel it after the stores are sold out (if they aren't already).

Just order it from a store in case. Hear me, lol! I think I've had a delayed order ship from them before. Can't remember.

lilinah

MAC usually released the Color Collection in October, then the Palettes in early November, and finally the mini-sets in mid-November. Odd that this year they are all out at once.

Anyway, i'll be going to my local MAC tomorrow to swatch and buy. And it supposed to rain :( so i guess i'll be sitting out in the wet waiting for the store to open. I usually go about 1/2 hour to 45 min early. If the weather is as bad as the report says, i imagine there won't be a huge long line standing out in the cold rain, so i'll go a jot later. Not gonna spend 45 minutes getting wet.

ms.mad

Keep in mind that just because Punk Couture applied blotchy on Christine's lips doesn't mean it will on yours. Everyone's different. The only way you can know for sure if it'll work on your lips is to go to a counter (if you can) and try it out.
Thanks, I am going to swatch them hopefully tomorrow!

Shars

Of course not :rolleyes: Neither did Macy's but they eventually came around.

I'm glad it was helpful. I'm excited too for some reason. I think I won't wear highlighter and blush tomorrow and put it on when I get it, lmaoo!

Just order it from a store in case. Hear me, lol! I think I've had a delayed order ship from them before. Can't remember.

*sigh* I might have to do that in between my cramming for an exam I have Friday morning.

Corally

WTH I had Sweet Vision and the Copper compact in my basket but when I checked out MAC suddenly asked for my address again (never happened before) and when I was done they were taken out of my basket because it was sold out (within minutes!!)

I only got Leap of Delight and the Nude Lip Bag now. Fucking hell :/

And In The Spotlight didn't launch today booo.

Edit: the Peach compact also sold out pretty much immediately

Last edited:

filio

WTH I had Sweet Vision and the Copper compact in my basket but when I checked out MAC suddenly asked for my address again (never happened before) and when I was done they were taken out of my basket because it was sold out (within minutes!!)

I only got Leap of Delight and the Nude Lip Bag now. Fucking hell :/

And In The Spotlight didn't launch today booo.

Edit: the Peach compact also sold out pretty much immediately

WAAAAT just looked and there still up!! the compacts:
http://www.maccosmetics.nl/whats_new/17821/new-collections/nutcracker-sweet-face-compacts/index.tmpl

filio

I LOVE YOU. It was really out of stock/sold out! I even checked the collection pages. But I think they restocked it?? Sweet Vision also got back in stock. Ordered the copper face compact and SV! Thank you!!!! :D:thankyou:

Yeeey I was hoping you would check out this forum! I dont think a lot of people knew this collection would launch today :) btw i thought you where skipping the compacts

Last edited:

Corally

Yeeey I was hoping you would check out this forum! I dont think a lot of people knew this collection would launch today :) btw i thought you where skipping the compacts

MACina made me, lol. But kidding aside, since the WOG in the compact isn't really WOG I could justify getting it. Tbh I probably would've passed if In The Spotlight had launched today, I would've gotten two or three EDSF instead. But it didn't so I wanted the compact lol! It's quite pricey though, I expected it to be around the €35 mark.

filio

MACina made me, lol. But kidding aside, since the WOG in the compact isn't really WOG I could justify getting it. Tbh I probably would've passed if In The Spotlight had launched today, I would've gotten two or three EDSF instead. But it didn't so I wanted the compact lol! It's quite pricey though, I expected it to be around the €35 mark.

I broke down and bought SV and the nude bag (the lipstick is a pinker version of amoung the fireflies and love that lippie) I wanted to try out the vamplifly formula.... SV I have no excuse I have rose spirtz and becca snapdragon shame on me XD going to put some money in my savingsaccount

Corally

I broke down and bought SV and the nude bag (the lipstick is a pinker version of amoung the fireflies and love that lippie) I wanted to try out the vamplifly formula.... SV I have no excuse I have rose spirtz and becca snapdragon shame on me XD going to put some money in my savingsaccount

Early christmas presents! That's what I always use as an excuse when Christmas is getting closer lol. I love ATF too, such a great nude lippie.

montREALady

Picked up my Copper!! Swatched YYY and the lipsticks.

20161027_102205_wm.jpg

20161027_102247_wm.jpg

20161027_102811_wm.jpg
They didn't have these to test up until yesterday when I went. Looks like they still don't have the pigments.

1477579857193_wm.jpg
Sweet Vision can work more on dark skin than At Dusk in the Peach Compact imo because of the gold in it. I'm probably going to get it.

1477580975509_wm.jpg
I'm over red, purple and pinks w/MAC, my swatches from their collections always look the same! Loving SLD and KOS though! The latter is more forgiving for dark skin than GV Bianca B because it's a Cremesheen. Again, imo.

I did videos too. I'll put them up later.

Last edited:

filio

Early christmas presents! That's what I always use as an excuse when Christmas is getting closer lol. I love ATF too, such a great nude lippie.

My birthday is pretty close :hmm: maybe if some kits are left over i check them out aswell

lyseD

Octoberviolet I haven't seen the wrap but the Canadian site is offering free holiday wrap with any order.

montREALady

Yeah, I had it in my calendar as launching today then I see Helmut Newton instead.