Mac Pigment Addiction...

xxainixx

like seriously! im addicted. i know that i wont finish up the whole goddamn jar in my lifetime but i want to get them all!!

im a broke student but i will still squeeze money out to buy them, looking at swatching them makes me happy.

anyone have this addiction?
mac_addict.gif
mac_addict.gif
mac_addict.gif
mac_addict.gif
mac_addict.gif

does anyone know of a rehabilitation centre?

knoxydoll

I've finished jars before.
I've finished a dark soul, vanilla, violet and melon.
Some that are getting empty are Smoke Signals, and Landscape green (mind you I gave a nice sample of this to my friend).

Shoegal-fr

I don't own pigments for now, but i'm about to get them and i don't know where to start lol. I just want them all!!! That's so crazy!

vocaltest

i'm nearing finishing vanilla. i use it as my highlight colour so thats why. its such a versatile colour... theres a video on youtube where a girl explains all the uses of it. you can mix it with your moisturiser n stuff like that. i sometimes use it as a cheek highlight.

Vanilla_Mint

I love looking at pigments too! I want to play with them but the MAs in my MAC store don't give pigment samples and I can't bring myself to buy a whole jar. I wish they would sell smaller sized jars bc one would last a lifetime for me!

nico

I like pigments more than eyeshadows.The colour pay off is better and they are more shimmery
mac_pigment.gif
But I'm afraid they will expire before I finish them up

Shoegal-fr

I saw somewhere that they are good for 3 years... this should give you enough time to finish them, no?

Shaquille

Shoegal, yes.. but if you have tons of pigments of different colors and you don't wear the same color everyday, they won't finish in 3 years
greengrin.gif

I have this addiction as well. But instead of buying the entire jars I tend to swap and buy per teaspoon sizes. I do buy a couple of full jars but then I swap and sell them..

user47

I have more pigments than I do eyeshadows.

Pigments are how I found love with MAC.
lol.gif

I only buy full sized pigments that I absolutely love and will use on a daily basis. As for the other colors, I buy samples of them.

xxManBeaterxx

I KNOW i have this OCD addiction with mac pigments i think i have almost every pigment that MAC has ever made -_-. I've gotten halfway through with your ladyship pigment in just 1 year. I finished a vanilla pigment in 4-5 years. I also got halfway through with sunndaze and coco pigments but its been yearrs since i had them.

GlamQueen21

I love the MAC pigments! I love using Vanilla everyday and I'm not even finished with it. I also have Dark Soul, Off the Radar and Electric Coral.

duch3ss25

LOL, tell me about it! If a collection with pigments comes out, I actually cut my morning coffee & snacks budget just to have a bit more money, in case I love the pigment so much that I want a back-up or two!!

I know I will never finish any of my pigments but just looking at them when I am feeling mad or depressed is enough to make my day a bit calmer & brighter, ha ha. I've come to thinking that I don't need fishes in an aquarium (supposed to calm you down while feeding them), I just need to open the storage for my pigments & start arranging them by color and all the worries in the world just disappear.

sambibabe

LOL.. This is why I love coming to Specktra! My friends think I need an intervention for my MAC addiction, but here everyone has some kind of MAC addiction, which makes me feel absolutely normal
greengrin.gif

Yes, I am addicted to the pigments and my eye makeup is not complete without it. Girls gotta have a bit of bling bling on her eyes!

cocolicouss

i just started getting into pigments i bought my first 2 full jars at a cco and i just bought spiritualize from metal-x and im hooked they are soo gorgeous and the color pay off is deffi better then the eyeshadows and im looking forward to getting some more and i didn't think they pigments expired.. do they ?

BunnyBunnyBunny

I have lots of pigments and glitters and even more samples of them but I rarely grab for them unless I specifically need a certain color. They're just soooo much harder to work with!

sweetie0716

All cosmetics expire!! The powders last longer than liquids, but they still do. I wouldnt throw away my pigments after 3 years though.

sweetie0716

All cosmetics expire!! The powders last longer than liquids, but they still do. I wouldnt throw away my pigments after 3 years though.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmer
PBI - out of kind curiosity, I have to ask ... how did you manage to finish whole jars of pigment?

I use them daily and I use them for more than just makeup, or even just on the eyes. I've done a lot of nail polishes with them and I love them in lip glosses. I also do a lot of theater facechart runthroughs on myself before I do them on someone else (or if it's for my costume then I do). I use/used a lot of pigments wet as liner too. It just kind of all adds up.