Mac Pigment Addiction...

Lapis

I got bitten by the pigment bug and I have over 20, I love them I use them pretty frequently.
I don't think I'll ever own all ever tho

panda0410

Storing is easy, but making sure you dont contaminate the jar is just as important. They need to be ~

1) kept in a cool, dark, dry place. Light, heat and humidity affect them. I keep mine in a dresser drawer in my bedroom away from it. I keep them upside down, so some of lids are scratched but thats so I can see which colours they are. All my back-up pigments are in original boxes, in another drawer at the base of my dresser.
2) dont ever use them direct from the jar! This is so important if you know that you arent going to use the whole jar within a few years. Place a small amount from a sterile spoon into a sample jar and use your pigment from the sample jar only. Never dip brushes or fingers into the original pot!
3) Make sure they are sealed properly. If the lids arent on properly then no matter where you store them they will be affected.

I have had a few that turned yukky on me.... my very first Frost went a horrible yellow colour and clumped in the jar... I ditched it. My first Maroon kind of sweated and turned into a horrible icky mess inside it jar - I was distraught to have to ditch it, my second one is stashed away safely so it doesnt happen again!!

I have also heard of pigments in vials turning as well, changing colours and or becoming quite sticky so make sure if you have vials you keep them in a cool dark place as well
winks.gif

AdlersMommy22

Uhm does anyone else here DISPICE frost pigment? I thought it looked so pretty in swatches but on its just a hot glittery mess. wtf

Heiaken

I love my pigments. Right now I have 18 full jars and am waiting to get one more any time soon. My first MAC purhaces were infact Frost and Teal pigments, Frost can be quite tricky if you want to use it as an e/s it's better to use it wet but I love it as a highlight when I'm goign out dancing to a club
smiles.gif

Pigments and MSF's are my biggest addictions when it comes to MAC. Last week I pressed all my pigments to empty e/s pans so I could put them in my 15 pan palettes, I don't have problem using them as powder but this way I know I will be using them more.

ladybugz07

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
As for expiration, store them right and they can last for MUCH longer than 3 years... I have pigments that 7 years old and a few that are up to 10 years old and they are just fine
winks.gif

Yep! My first MAC product was Frost pigment in 1999. I still have plenty left and it looks/wears the same as when I got it 9 years ago!

Just be sure and avoid water/humidity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
Uhm does anyone else here DISPICE frost pigment? I thought it looked so pretty in swatches but on its just a hot glittery mess. wtf

LOL, this is why I still have so much after 9 YEARS!!!

Ambonee

Pigments are L
heart.gif
VE!

I own all but 9 MAC has ever made. I have that uncontrollable urge to buy them when they come out with new ones. I know I will never use all of them up in a million years, but I don't care. They are by far my FAVORITE MAC product of all time! Now I just need to get my hands on those 9 and my collection will be perfect.
mac_addict.gif

and guys, add Frost pigment to your regular body lotion and it adds the PERFECT shimmer, put it on your legs, your arms, your chest (if wearing a low cut shirt) it's GORGEOUS! Especially under lights/the sun. Just a suggestion, especially for those of you who hate it!!
tong.gif

thelove4tequila

I am a TOTAL lover of MAC pigments which is why I got a little very sad when I had to pack all 60+ full size pigments and ship them off to California!!!!! You better believe I bubble wrapped the hell out of that package and got insurance.

Oh and yes, Frost is a pain in the ass to work with. I only got it because a MA said she had it on her cheek bone but I now know she was lying out of her ass.
girl_devil.gif

NatalieMT

I too am all very taken in by these little jars of heaven. <3 It's almost as if the colourful allure is all too much whenever I set foot in any MAC store! I have about 40 so far now, mostly jars, some vials in there too. I don't do samples, I have never been able to work out why. I think it's an OCD thing!

In all seriousness though they are absolutely fantastic products, very versatile, are easy to work with usually, last you more years than you'd care to imagine... I also prefer the finishes on pigments to that of the e/s, I think it's the satin, sparkly quality that I like.

*Gigi*

Pigments made me love MAC. I had a couple MAC shadows that didn't impress me, so I figured MAC was just another overrated MU brand... that is till I tried the pigments. I have a gazillion 1/2 tsp samples, and the any FS i have is Golders Green. I just ordered Spiritualize and can't wait to get it! my faves by far are- Chartruese, True Chartruese, Chocolate brown, Old Gold, green brown, blue brown, emerald green and bright fushia.

Shoegal-fr

Ok... so... my addiction has really came to a reality, i bought TONS of them during my first haulage - which, by the way, i shared with you all on Specktra - i felt ashamed for some hours and then... I JUST DIDN'T CARE... i'm proud of loving pigmentssssssss, yeahhhhhh!!!

JaiLeeP

Old thread. but I have to add.. I can't get enough of pigments. Old jars, new jars, samples lol. Definitely addicted =)

babycoconut

I am late. I just started using pigments...but now I found out about them I can't go back. I feel the staying power and the pigmentation is better than most eyeshadows. I also like having the jars and looking at them!

rockin

Hi, I'm Dawn and I am a MAC pigment collecting addict. I currently own 57 full size pigments, 14 full size glitters, 9 pigment samples and a Holiday set of 5 pigment vials. I'm considering parting with the vials set, though, as I have never used it, and I now have all those colours in full size jars anyway.

I just started collecting Pigments...have old and new jars. This is becoming an obsession. They are absolutely my favorite makeup product. Any time I stop by mac store or cco, I HAVE to pick some up.

xintricate

woah, i have to say i'm very impressed by the people who have been able to finish several jars of pigments! i only have a small sample of vanilla (which is absolutely gorgeous) and it's lasted me quite a while already

Care

I'm a pigment addict too! I remember buying my first (Night Light) in 07 at a CCO and being hooked ever since. My total is now 172, and I'm only missing 4 :D.

Never finished a jar (not counting the ones for pigment samples), but they do get loved!

orchid1

Recently I bought a samples of pigment, and I must say that they are gorgeous, I want them allll
pompom.gif
Now I whant the full size of Vanilla, because I use it on eyes, face, beautiful color and shimmery... I love her... Kitchmas mmmm, gorgeus, Violet,ahhhh :) There's a lot of beautiful pigments, and i think that I'll bankrupt...