Mac Pigment Addiction...

Penn

I am addicted too...but I rarely use them
ssad.gif
It's horrible. But I always open the jars from time to time and just swatch it while oooing and aaahhing over it. I never knew they expired either, I guess I was being ignorant and took it literally when the MA's tell me they will last forever haha silly me.
I might just use them more often now. Actually...I rarely use a lot of my make up but I keep buying it...its a sick addiction.

panda0410

Ack! This is the thread for me
winks.gif
I have had almost every pigment MAC has ever made and still have many of them!

As for expiration, store them right and they can last for MUCH longer than 3 years... I have pigments that 7 years old and a few that are up to 10 years old and they are just fine
winks.gif

xxainixx

pigments are powder products, which means that bacteria doesnt really *like* them.. so i like to think they last for a zillion years ^^
th_LMAO.gif

xxainixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolicouss
i do agree they are harder to work with that's why i never bought them or used them until 2 months ago

press them!! their easier to work with then
cutey.gif

Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Ack! This is the thread for me
winks.gif
I have had almost every pigment MAC has ever made and still have many of them!

As for expiration, store them right and they can last for MUCH longer than 3 years... I have pigments that 7 years old and a few that are up to 10 years old and they are just fine
winks.gif

What is the proper way of storing them? I would like to extend my pigments shelf life as long as possible haha

nico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn
What is the proper way of storing them? I would like to extend my pigments shelf life as long as possible haha

keep them under your pillow
girlhaha.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I also have mac pigments that date all the way to 2001, and they still smell, feel, and look like i just bought them. I have almost 100 pigments! I also sell pigment samples so i have to be sanitary.

I think here are some pigment do's and dont's for longevity.

-Don't dip your brush (especially wet) into the cover or plastic. Do scoop out the amount you need and place it on your hand or a petri dish.

-Do store them in a cool room in a shaded area. Whatever you do don't store it in the bathroom!

-I would also invest in 5 gram jars and place x amount into the jar that way you can dip your brush into the jar without contaminating all of the pigment. Plus you will thank yourself if when you accidentally knock down your sample jar... *sobs*

I guess that's about it. I guess the best way to preserve it is try not to contaminate the whole pigment.

MACLovin

I only have:

-Melon
bigheart.gif
my loverrr
-Provence
-Pastorale
-Violet
-Cornflower

and samples of vanilla & pink bronze.. and I have definitely caught the bug!
I want them allllll
th_drool.gif

I want to buy samples though! But im afraid of the authenticity issue. Are there any lovely, honest specktra ladies that have a nice range of pgmt samples? PM me!
tong.gif

xxAngelxx

I've really just started buying pigments this past summer. I'm up to 13 full size ones, 6 vials, a glitter, a glitter vial, and a bunch of pigment samples. Now, I just want more!

Cinci

i've never finished a jar yet, but if I do, it will be Shimmertime.. I wear this almost everyday, so I bought a back up just incase.

I usually prefer the full jars, but for colors that I know I wont be using much, I'll just buy a sample.

Shadowy Lady

I love pigments much more than eyeshadows. I have about 25 samples and 12 full size. The ones I have in full size are the ones I use the most. Even then I don't think I'll ever go through them. I'll probably just pass them to my daughter (well, I don't have kinds now, I'm talking about future). My full size pigments are:

Vanilla
Blonde's Gold
Tan
Melon
Pink Pearl
Rose
Mutiny
Violet
Heritage Rouge
Blue Brown
Emerald Green
Chartreuse

HeatherAnn

I LOVE Pigments! I just love the way they look in the jar. I only buy full size jars because I like them to look uniform! It's the OCD in me... I couldn't bear to have a sample or one of the holiday sets. It wouldn't match the rest!

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I have lots of pigments and glitters and even more samples of them but I rarely grab for them unless I specifically need a certain color. They're just soooo much harder to work with!

I don't know if I'd say they're harder to work with, but they're definitely much messier than pressed shadows. I don't care to admit how many full size pigments I have, but I rarely use them. I used to love them (and honestly I was completely obsessed with having them all), but now, I find I don't like them as much because of how shimmery they are. I wish now that I had more samples unless it's colors that I just love. I don't even want to think about how much money I have invested in them.
th_wallbash.gif

AdlersMommy22

Yesterday i fell in love with pigments all over again. I wore blondes gold on my whole lid, with heritage rouge in the crease... and plum dressing on the outer v. My date told my I have the best eye makeup of any girl he's ever seen.

I also loooove wearing teal as a liner after mixing it with some fix+.. sooooo cute!!!

Tinnsla

I love pigments, but i only buy samples, since they are soooo expensive!! I love my naked, melon, burnt burgundy and naval blue (really pretty when used wet)!!

xxainixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
Yesterday i fell in love with pigments all over again. I wore blondes gold on my whole lid, with heritage rouge in the crease... and plum dressing on the outer v. My date told my I have the best eye makeup of any girl he's ever seen.

I also loooove wearing teal as a liner after mixing it with some fix+.. sooooo cute!!!

that sounds GORGEOUS! i think i would have to try it out one day
yes.gif

Miss_Jackie

I feel the same way! i LOVE LOVE LOVE pigments! I want more and more all the time. I wish I could find coco and deckchair though. I just saw swatches of them online and i want them! but of course they are 60 bucks on ebay!
angry.gif