MAC Pigments that you LOVE

DirtyHarriet

Re: Which pigment would you recommend to start out with?

i say it depends on what you want it for and what colors you like!

vanilla is very versatile for sure...but i use my melon and tan pigments more...because i love shroom more for highlighting and use it even on my cheek bones...

so go with colors that you love!!

zzoester

It's funny that you posted this thread...you sound just like me. I have been thinking the same thing lately; I can't believe I don't own pigments but I have decided that Vanilla will be my first!
smiles.gif

Cinfulgirl

I just bought my first pigment, which was Golden Olive I think it is such a gorgeous color, my first green shadow thingy but yeah, Try and get samples, but I think im headed to buy Vanilla =] Good Luck with finding your first great pigment

xKiKix

you know exactly five months ago i asked my MAC ma the same thing and she suggested vanilla... and you know what i use it almost everyday now... it's so versatile... eyes, lips, cheeks...

LMD84

MAC PIGMENT RARE, MAC, MAC PIGMENT SAMPLES, 1165CHERYL, MAC PIGMENT 1/2 TSP, FREE , MAC GLITTER , MAC METAL URGE, MAC PIGMENT, MAC PIGMENT LOT, MAC PIGMENT 8, 1165CHERYL, CHERYLSSHINYEYES, CHERYLS SHINY EYES, 1/2 tsp, MAC PIGMENT, Mac Samples U pick this is a very good seller for pigment samples! she's super quick at posting and the samples are large and all authentic! cheryl is also on specktra so you can buy her sample lots on here via the sales forums - i think you have to have a certain amount of posts before you can view this forum though...

i actually prefer pink opal to vanilla - this one has a pinky sheen to it whihc i think is beautiful on the cheeks and lips and as a highlight or all over lid colour!

golden olive is absolutely gorgeous - you can dress it up or down so it looks good day or night. and teal pigment is great for any greeny eyed looks!

violet is a beautiful purple to have in your collection and i use this as eyeliner sometimes as well as a lid colour!

i also like golden lemon - i know it's not to everybodies taste because it's a lilttle chunky to work with but it's a lovely yellowy gold colour!

chickatthegym

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I think I will start with vanilla and then get some samples of all the others...

Zzoster, I know what you mean! After reading all the other posts about pigments I was like "Hey, what am I missing out on here?" haha! I have been "collecting" shadows for years but I guess I was just a little unsure what pigments acutally were and they looked like something I might make a mess of myself with haha! Thank goodness for Specktra, I am learning a lot here!

FiestyFemme

I'd definitely recommend Vanilla. It's beautiful, and probably the most versatile.

panda0410

Pigments are great! I press all mine - they are much easier to use that way
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

I just went to the CCO today and bought Melon and Fairy Lite pigments! They didn't vanilla so I will have to get that from MAC. Do they sell them at MAC counters?

panda0410

YAY for Fairylite - its been discontinued
smiles.gif
Lovely colour!!

Pretty sure the only pigments you cant get at counters are pro colour pigments
smiles.gif

chickatthegym

Thanks! I don't remember seeing them at the counter by me. But they had quite a few at the CCO so I will have to pick them up to add to my collection as I go
smiles.gif

Mzchio

Ebay, make sure their in fact really MAC. There are scams out there! And you can do swaps

NikkiHorror

I just got some neutrals recently: Goldenaire, Fairylite and Naked and Mega Rich. All three go well with Bamboo Eyeshadow.

I also got Royal Flush and Copper Beam but haven't had a chance to try them out.

I've had Dark Soul for awhile and it's growing on me...it's a rad color but it just has too much fallout.

Latest posts